News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

What source did you folks get those Anomalocaris and mammal figures from? I'm still looking for a place that stocks them for affordable prices.

John

Quote from: Roselaar on September 30, 2014, 09:11:19 PM
What source did you folks get those Anomalocaris and mammal figures from? I'm still looking for a place that stocks them for affordable prices.
I got mine from a Japanese online shop called Cinemacollection using Rakuten Global Market. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bokisaurus

The last of 2014 releases :)
All are amazing, beautiful figures well worth the effort. Lets hope more will be produced in the future.
[
[]

And some comparison shots ;)
[]

SBell

Where did you get them from Boki? HLJ is still showing them as backordered, which is odd given that they appear to be readily available.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: John on September 30, 2014, 10:16:26 PM
I got mine from a Japanese online shop called Cinemacollection using Rakuten Global Market. :)

How much with shipping?
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SBell

Duh. I didn't see this thread before--too many pretty pictures. But it appears this particular seller no longer has the soft model Anomalocaris.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: SBell on October 01, 2014, 02:47:56 AM

Duh. I didn't see this thread before--too many pretty pictures. But it appears this particular seller no longer has the soft model Anomalocaris.

So much for me getting a cuddly Anomolocaris then. :(
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SBell

Quote from: predino on October 01, 2014, 03:20:08 AM
Quote from: SBell on October 01, 2014, 02:47:56 AM

So much for me getting a cuddly Anomolocaris then. :(

They still have the big one--keep in mind that the 'soft models' are the smaller, harder figures.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

stargatedalek

I've been told standard PVC hard, think Papo

Roselaar

I'd rather stick from European/American stores as I'm unfamiliar with their Japanese counterparts (except via eBay). Guess I better stick to hoping Dinosaurtime will get these in stock like they did the dinosaurs.

Nebuloid

[/quote]I'd rather stick from European/American stores as I'm unfamiliar with their Japanese counterparts (except via eBay). Guess I better stick to hoping Dinosaurtime will get these in stock like they did the dinosaurs.
[/quote]

Me too, or urzeitshop... ;)

postsaurischian

Prehistoric Life finished Archelon from Favorite's facebook page .......

....... can't wait for the Dimetrodon :).

Gwangi

Not bad but that seam is really off putting.

Roselaar

Gorgeous, but the paint job is a little too monochromatic for my taste. And the seam is indeed a tad irritating. Otherwise, splendid model! Porbably the best Archelon yet, though the Kaiyodo figures have more appealing paint jobs.

Hynerpeton

Sorry but Arch needs more color.
Walking With Monsers:

Yutyrannus

Quote from: predino on October 03, 2014, 11:35:03 PM
Well, it's not like modern sea turtles are very brightly colored, I'm fine with a dull-colored Archelon.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

stargatedalek

very cute, and personally I'm rather fond of the colourscheme, feels very natural
the seam is a tad annoying, but not a turnoff

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Yutyrannus on October 03, 2014, 11:40:52 PM
Quote from: predino on October 03, 2014, 11:35:03 PM
Well, it's not like modern sea turtles are very brightly colored, I'm fine with a dull-colored Archelon.

Rather see brown then grey.
Walking With Monsers:

stargatedalek

well given the largest sea turtle alive today, and the only one with a similar shell, is also grey/black with white spots, I think it suits it

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: