News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Daspletodave

Gwangi

Quote from: Daspletodave on September 22, 2014, 10:45:59 PM
Best Dimetrodon ever!

You may be right, I look forward to seeing how they end up painting it.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Daspletodave

If it is in the Favorite softmodel line then it is made out of the same hard PVC that the Araki dinosaur softmodels (and the previous 2004 series) are made from. These are NOT hollow vinyl toys - they are sturdy nearly inflexible and solid.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Daspletodave on September 23, 2014, 11:18:11 PM
If it is in the Favorite softmodel line then it is made out of the same hard PVC that the Araki dinosaur softmodels (and the previous 2004 series) are made from. These are NOT hollow vinyl toys - they are sturdy nearly inflexible and solid.

I never had a favorite model so it will be my first time.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

stargatedalek

a general comparison for consistency perhaps?
they are labelled 'soft' yet you say they are solid, are they like some of the large safari incredible creatures figures?

tyrantqueen

The desktop statues are made of a very hard polyresin type material. But the downside to that is they can be very brittle and small parts can snap off easily if it is handled roughly.

The "soft" models are still hard, but they seem to be constructed from a softer, more flexible plastic. This probably reflects their cheaper pricing and that they were designed to stand up to a child's rough housing.

I'm not sure about the big vinyl ones, since I've never owned any. When I saw this image:

it reminded me of those squishy foam stress toys. This is one I used to have:

But they're not that soft, are they?

Takama

The Vinyl models I believe are like the Incredible Creatures from Safari.

Soft models I think are just like a normal PVC model made by the other common company's

EmperorDinobot

They are very hard dinosaurs, so the soft toy model name always made me giggle :D.

Well, I never bought that dang orange Spinosaurus... There's little point to do so now. These are definitely some of my favorite dinosaur figures ever. I love the style and the sculpts. That Dimetrodon is one of the best I have ever seen.

Bokisaurus

Concavenator and Pelecannimimus exclusive figures finally arrived, they are both stunning figures! Great detail and great paint ap,too. For me, this is the best Concavenator figure out there, yes, I find it much better than Carnegie's version. It was worth the price for me ($60.00), this set is only exclusive to one museum and they won't even ship anywhere, not even in Japan. The seller had to make a 6 hr. trip to the place to get the sets he eventually sold.'

Anyway, here they are, hope you enjoy them  :D
The Packaging - cool box and there was also a diorama-like paper came as a background

Concavenator

Coming soon - I don't have the time to dig out the other concavenator figures I have for comparison shot, next time.

Pelecanimimus

Some comparison shot for size reference

Nebuloid

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 26, 2014, 08:07:46 PM
Concavenator and Pelecannimimus exclusive figures finally arrived, they are both stunning figures! Great detail and great paint ap,too. For me, this is the best Concavenator figure out there, yes, I find it much better than Carnegie's version. It was worth the price for me ($60.00), this set is only exclusive to one museum and they won't even ship anywhere, not even in Japan. The seller had to make a 6 hr. trip to the place to get the sets he eventually sold.'

I didn't know he had to travel 6 hours to the museum, did we buy from the same seller ( fantgoodspeed on ebay ) ? Love the dollar to euro rate at the moment, I only paid €47... ;D

Seijun

I also got mine from fantgoodspeed.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Carnosaur

What museum?
I have a friend in Japan who might grab one for me.

Roselaar

Quote from: Carnosaur on September 27, 2014, 01:51:38 PM
What museum?
I have a friend in Japan who might grab one for me.

Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum, I believe.

Daspletodave

Daspletodave

Here's the photo I meant to attach.

The Concavenator is fairly similar to the Araki Allosaurus in the Favorite collection, but noticeably taller and not as skinny.

He's also taller and better IMO than the Carnegie version. The Favorite Conc also stands perfectly well without the base (take note, Safari/Carnegie). You can make dinos that can stand on their own two legs!

Daspletodave

Here are some more of my recent acquisitions - the Favorite Mammoth and Smilodon.

The Favorite Mammoth compares well with other mammoths out there.

The Favorite Smilodon towers over the recent Bullyland prehistoric cats

Bokisaurus

Anomalocaris figure, a very elegant one!
[]

John

I just got that Smilodon and Anomalocaris too!  ;D
I'm liking Favorite Co.'s prehistoric life series so far. :)

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: