News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Even as white shark models go this one is particularly nice
heres hoping for an original colour scheme

tyrantqueen

Blade-of-the-Moon

There are some really nice shark models out there though..but very few Megs..it would have nice if they had added a prehistoric whale or something it's after to help show what it's supposed to be.

Meso-Cenozoic

I like him too! I think I like him better than the new CollectA Great White that's also coming out this year that I was initially considering getting for a Megalodon. Wonder how big this guy is. When recently reading up on Meg to see what they currently think and or know about him, I found that they thought him to possibly be much more stockier than a Great White. In other words, there would be more to his girth than his length in his appearance. Of course, he would still be much longer than Great White, but the GW would appear more streamline in its length. Also, his snout they thought could possibly be more blunt than pointy. I think this guy just might fit the bill. Definitely better than last year's WS, and seems to be even more life-like than the new CollectA.

Curious now about the color choices. For me, just so it's not light grey with a white underneath. ;)  I've always wanted a dark charcoal grey/green and white one. Somewhere in between the black on a Killer Whale and the grey on a Great White. I liked this shade ever since I saw this badass-looking guy...

Blade... YES! Didn't we keep hearing from one of the other companies (forget which one now), promising us a Basilosaurus? Well, maybe Favorite should jump on it and be the first! :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

It would be nice if someone was first..lol  I kept wondering if Basilosaurus could be slipped by Safari...it's a dino/whale right? ;)

CityRaptor

You mean you are not satisfied with the toob one, which is basically Basilosaurus hanging out with the cool kids? ( As someone who does not collect mammals, I would have prefered another marine reptile instead )

As for the rarity of C. megalodon, it is likely because there is little difference between it and a White Shark...so naturally more exotic prehistoric sharks are reproduced as figures instead.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 24, 2015, 08:51:09 AM
You mean you are not satisfied with the toob one, which is basically Basilosaurus hanging out with the cool kids? ( As someone who does not collect mammals, I would have prefered another marine reptile instead )

As for the rarity of C. megalodon, it is likely because there is little difference between it and a White Shark...so naturally more exotic prehistoric sharks are reproduced as figures instead.

It's nice but I have the same problem with it I have with all toob figures...too darn small! lol I'd like a 6" Nothosaurus for example too.

This reminds me when I do have a break I'd like to do a set of Meg jaws to sit outside for pics. When those kids ask me t make one I can then say " we did but he starved..cost too much to feed him!"  ;)

Jetoar

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2015, 05:09:20 AM
Reminds me of "Bruce" from Finding Nemo..lol

It's better than the WS figure..but it still looks a whole like just a Great White. As Meg is normally portrayed as such there needs to be something to show scale.

Yes it is partner  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

triceratops83

That's really nice. I can see someone using it in a Jaws diorama leaping onto the "Orca".
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

CityRaptor

You are going to need a bigger boat!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2015, 09:52:44 AM
It's nice but I have the same problem with it I have with all toob figures...too darn small!

Fair enough!
Oh no

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2015, 09:52:44 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on February 24, 2015, 08:51:09 AM

It's nice but I have the same problem with it I have with all toob figures...too darn small! lol I'd like a 6" Nothosaurus for example too.

This reminds me when I do have a break I'd like to do a set of Meg jaws to sit outside for pics. When those kids ask me t make one I can then say " we did but he starved..cost too much to feed him!"  ;)

I like and have most of the Safari prehistoric toobs, but I'd also eventually want some of them in larger scales too.

Awe, poor Meg! :-[ LOL!

Daspletodave

I like the Megalodon. Favorite seems to have a thing for marine creatures. I wouldn't mind it if they did say a Kronosaurus or Mosasaur next.

Arul

Appalachiosaurus

CityRaptor

It's because it eats all those fat marine mammals.

Quote from: Daspletodave on February 28, 2015, 01:32:40 AM
I like the Megalodon. Favorite seems to have a thing for marine creatures. I wouldn't mind it if they did say a Kronosaurus or Mosasaur next.

That would be nice.
Oh no

triceratops83

Quote from: Daspletodave on February 28, 2015, 01:32:40 AM

Bring on the Ichthyosaurs! How about Shonisaurus or Cymbospondylus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Dobber

Just last week I got the recent Schleich and Papo White sharks...both are ver nice representations of the Great White....but are a little on the small side....particularly the new Scheich. This one, though, looks great for the Megalodon! I hope it is a decent size. I also agree that something to show scale would be nice.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 24, 2015, 05:09:20 AM
Reminds me of "Bruce" from Finding Nemo..lol
[...]
Wahh. That was the first idea that came to my mind whan I see the picture.

I hope the colour scheme will not be the typical great white imitation.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

stargatedalek

It would be nice if this one also received a large version like the anomalocaris and dunkleosteus, it would probably make it easy to show scale ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: