News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

New picture of Repainted Models

joossa

The Spinosaurus looks quite nice. Any word on when they will be available?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Daspletodave

I'm liking the repaints- esp. the stego, trike, and spino.
It's alittle hard to tell what color the T-Rex is tho. One pic seems to show blue, the other pic a brownish color. Takama- can you elaborate (or post a pic of the Rex)?
Thanks!

Chasmosaur

Pretty disappointed with these repaints overall.

1. Triceratops - He got the worst paint scheme in the initial release, and now they made it worse. I was hoping to see multi color with patterns. But this is just pure Crayola green. Looks like they followed a little child's drawing for this one.

2. Stegosaurus - I didn't care for the original green and orange combo, but now they just made it mustard/olive yellow with orange.  They really need to move away from this combination of colors. Feels very outdated.

3. Pteranodon - sky blue with white markings.  This animal can now swoop in from the skies undetected.. maybe something to consider for Jurassic World II.

4. Spinosaurus - I like the idea of red for Spino, but this might be too much. I was hoping to see a combo of red,black,brownish-tan

5. Trex - black with dark grays. I'm a big fan of the original version, but this one looks great. Maybe even more menacing

6. Allosaurus - I like the dark navy blue with black markings.  I'll call this one the midnight ver.  A shame the figure itself is my least favorite from all Favorite dinos. Its too slim and small for my liking.

stargatedalek

I for one like them.
-I really try and stay away from buying triceratops and tyrannosaurus, since I get enough of them as by-catch in sets to be stocked for life :P
-I like the stegosaurus actually, the toned down body draws attention to the plates and makes them almost glow.
-Allosaurus is alright, mine has difficulty standing off its base so I may eventually buy one carded, I wouldn't mind if it was this colour scheme.
-Pteranodon looks very nice, very aquatic feeling.
-Spinosaurus has the same patterns as before (I think?) but this one looks like a baby javelina except red, I guess I never thought that with the blue :P

I wouldn't mind if these were a new wave, but at the same if these are limited run chase figures than I won't be hunting for any.

dinostampede

I really like the rex and the stego

dinostampede

Does anyone know the approximate size/scale of the Favorite Saurolophus?

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinostampede on July 26, 2015, 08:10:54 AM
Does anyone know the approximate size/scale of the Favorite Saurolophus?

The figure is 24 cm long (scale 1:40).

dinostampede

Arul

Trex looks much better. So not all of the figure got repainted ?

sauroid

the repaints look good, but why lime green for the Trike??? and blue doesnt really fit the Pteranodon IMO.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Daspletodave

Got the new repaints. They are affordable - the whole set cost me $78 USD including shipping from Japan.
Here they are compared to the existing line:

The new Spinosaurus is an improvement on the "old" one. I just hate blue dinosaurs. The Spino repaint has a two-tone scheme- red and a darker red, with grey underbelly.

The Tyrannosaurus repaint is an attractive black on dark grey body, again with a light grey underbelly. The base it stands on has been changed as well - it now has only one peg, not two.

The new Pteranodon features a blue and grey topside and a light purple and grey underside. There are touches of green on the otherwise blue crest. Interestingly, the beak is open, whereas it was closed on the "old" red version.

Triceratops. I'm liking the new paint job. As I said, I hate blue dinosaurs. This repaint has a lime green body, but in hand it's somewhat subdued, not glaring. A darker shade of green flows along the upper surface, while the belly is again a light grey. The beak is a darker grey, and the horns are yellow with a brown base.

Stegosaurus. The repaint has a two-tone brown body with grey belly. The plates are painted the same as the original green version. The throat is painted pink. Overall a very nice figure, although I prefer the green version. It would have been nice if they had changed the paint scheme of the plates and spikes.

And finally the Allosaurus. The body is a dark blue with black stripes. The belly is a lighter shade of blue.

The whole set of six comes in a plastic case.

tanystropheus

Kinto Favorite color schemes are generally too sherbet for my taste. I own the Ankylosaurus (probably, one of the best Ankylo representations out there...even better than the Carnegie, imo) and Styraco, only because they appear believable. Excellent sculpts, regardless.

Arul

Too glossy...i love the new color of trex and pteranodon, clear-doff spray can remove the gloss. And yes so far only the ankylo and styraco impressed me by it sculp and paint. hope they not repaint them, but resculp (open mouth or different gesture) is okay :D

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Roselaar

Too much gloss indeed, but otherwise pretty decent repaints. I still prefer the previous incarnations though. Odd that they bothered to open the Pteranodon's mouth. Are you sure that's the only thing they tweaked for this set, Daspletodave? And where did you get this set?

sauroid

shame about the gloss finish, otherwise these are very well detailed/sculpted figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

terrorchicken

wow I wish I had waited to buy my allo, I really prefer the grey blue color. I have too many orange brown dinos as it is...

Daspletodave

Arul

Yes become more gloss-look because camera flash. But doff figure will not reflect camera flash..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: