News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Co. Ltd. Softmodels

Started by Bokisaurus, July 28, 2012, 03:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebuloid

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 28, 2015, 10:47:46 AM
Quote from: Daspletodave on February 28, 2015, 01:32:40 AM
I like the Megalodon. Favorite seems to have a thing for marine creatures. I wouldn't mind it if they did say a Kronosaurus or Mosasaur next.

Bring on the Ichthyosaurs! How about Shonisaurus or Cymbospondylus.

YES! GO ICHTHYOSAURS!!! How about Ophthalmosaurus or Temnodontosaurus? *Is biased because she has fossils from them...*  ;)

Quote from: Nebuloid on March 01, 2015, 09:06:21 PM

In anticipation...

;D

LOL Nebuloid! That is the cutest Meg ever, I want to take it HOOOOOOOOOOOOME! XD
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

triceratops83

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on March 02, 2015, 08:09:32 AM
YES! GO ICHTHYOSAURS!!! How about Ophthalmosaurus or Temnodontosaurus? *Is biased because she has fossils from them...*  ;)

Ooh, forgot to mention the Aussie Platypteridgius  ;) It's weird that Ichthyosaurs didn't make it to the end of the cretaceous considering they had evolved that fish-like shape. And to boot, it looked like Mosasaurs were re-inventing it.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Daspletodave

Favorite's website now includes the Archelon and Dimetrodon, so those two models should be available very shortly.

Dobber

I wonder when their Megalodon will be available. Have there been any updates on it?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

SpittersForEver

Patrx

New from Favorite's Facebook page:

Looks like the new big vinyl model? I'm not exactly sure, I can't read kanji and Google Translate didn't help much this time around.

tyrantqueen

Looks like it belongs to the big vinyl series.

They don't really look the same, the posing of the legs is different.

Patrx

Ah, I thought so :) Yes, the big vinyl models seem to be a little simpler in design than their smaller soft model counterparts, as well as different colors and patterns.

Roselaar

Looks good for a vinyl model, but less so for one of its smaller counterparts. This paint job would suit the softmodel too though.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Patrx on April 21, 2015, 04:05:47 PM
Ah, I thought so :) Yes, the big vinyl models seem to be a little simpler in design than their smaller soft model counterparts, as well as different colors and patterns.

Well, it makes sense. The big vinyls are aimed at a younger target demographic, aren't they?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: Patrx on April 21, 2015, 03:39:17 PM
New from Favorite's Facebook page:
[images snipped for brevity C:-)]
Looks like the new big vinyl model? I'm not exactly sure, I can't read kanji and Google Translate didn't help much this time around.

That is the Vinyl model.

Patrx

I don't mind the green and yellow scheme, but I do think I prefer the brown and orange that was chosen for the smaller soft model.

John

Quote from: Patrx on April 21, 2015, 11:32:35 PM
I don't mind the green and yellow scheme, but I do think I prefer the brown and orange that was chosen for the smaller soft model.
It looked brown from the promotional pictures,but the one I have in hand is actually a dark grey,and the yellowish stripes running down the body below the sail are actually gold.The sail is pretty much the color that you see in the promotional pics,but what you can't tell from the pics is that the colors are metallic,similar to the blue in all of the Walking With Dinosaurs 3D Gorgosaurus figures.The lighting in pictures can make a big difference.More importantly though,the sculpt is identical to the prototype.As such it's a model I would highly recommend.It should be relatively easy to find on eBay now. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Daspletodave

Roselaar

Very nice! Love the colour schemes on both of them. :)

Nebuloid

New pictures on their facebook page, looks like repainted versions of the last series :

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.849003111844158.1073741898.480725025338637&type=1

Does anyone know Japanese...  ::)

stargatedalek

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 03, 2015, 06:50:17 PM
Giant soft archelon! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.816566691754467.1073741894.480725025338637&type=3

I just can't justify the space (or price) on the huge soft versions (although the giant Dunkleosteus would be great). But I'm pretty sure I need the 'soft model' one. And possibly the upcoming Megalodon.

Arul

Repainted version ? Thats good for spino, trike, and stego..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: