News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on March 18, 2018, 01:18:26 PM
If we can dream I'd love to get a properly birdlike Deinonychus or Velociraptor. But I think a big theropod is more likely, Tyrannosaurus or Giganotosaurus. Or some less known relative of either of the two.

I prefer a lesser-known species such as tyrannotitan, gigantoraptor or carcharodontosaurus for putting three examples of theropods.  :)

empire3569

@Eofauna: One thing I would really like to see from you is to make multiple species from the same fossil formation; for example, a Hell Creek set, Morrison formation set, etc. It would be awesome to build dioramas with your models!

Syndicate Bias

I say Tyrannotitan or Carcharodontosaurus or Giganotosaurus should be the first. preferably Carcharodontosaurus or Tyrannotitan because Giganotosaurus is starting to be popular and everyone is just finally starting to make it so its a matter of time, but for the other two its questionable for tyrannotitan mostly, and Carcharodontosaurus will always walk in the shadow of Giganotosaurus as well as Mapusaurus because they're similar to Giganotosaurus

Jose S.M.

I would like them to make a Concavenator. The only really good mass made plastic Concavenator that I can think of is the favorite one and that's elusive and expensive. I'm not a fan of the Carnegie and CollectA ones so I would love one from Eofauna or Safari.

Halichoeres

Quote from: empire3569 on March 18, 2018, 05:14:05 PM
@Eofauna: One thing I would really like to see from you is to make multiple species from the same fossil formation; for example, a Hell Creek set, Morrison formation set, etc. It would be awesome to build dioramas with your models!

I love this idea.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2018, 03:31:29 PM

I love this idea.

Indeed. If they do Hell Creek, maybe we can finally get a Thescelosaurus toy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

empire3569

Quote from: suspsy on March 19, 2018, 05:20:49 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 19, 2018, 03:31:29 PM

I love this idea.

Indeed. If they do Hell Creek, maybe we can finally get a Thescelosaurus toy.

That's another really nice thing about doing "formation themed" waves; they can produce popular species (ie for Hell Creek, T-rex, Triceratops, Ankylosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus) and less common species (Edmontosaurus, Edmontonia, Anzu, ornithomimus/struthiomimus, Leptoceratops, and Thescelosaurus). That way they satisfy both groups; the general population that like the favorites, and the collectors that enjoy some obscure species that other companies don't produce. And the dioramas would just be a bonus ;)

Ravonium

Seconded. This would certainly provide us with a lot of diorama and species opportunities.

Shonisaurus

I would not mind if Eofauna made the complete faunal complex of the Morrison formation or the Hell Creek formation as prehistoric animal figures. It would satisfy both collectors who prefer popular figures and collectors like me who like more avant-garde figures with new or unpublished animals.

The wildlife complex of the Gobi Desert of Mongolia also had to be done. Asian dinosaurs give a lot to talk about.  :)

ceratopsian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 20, 2018, 03:31:22 PM
I would not mind if Eofauna made the complete faunal complex of the Morrison formation or the Hell Creek formation as prehistoric animal figures. It would satisfy both collectors who prefer popular figures and collectors like me who like more avant-garde figures with new or unpublished animals.

The wildlife complex of the Gobi Desert of Mongolia also had to be done. Asian dinosaurs give a lot to talk about.  :)

I am in full agreement with these ideas.  Recreating a fauna (any formation!) is a splendid idea - and so is adding Mongolia to the US formations.

Syndicate Bias

i could get with that, maybe one for south america as well

would love to see an amargasaurus or argentinosaurus from them  :)

terrorchicken

I want a Floridian Pleistocene megafauna set.  O:-)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 18, 2018, 05:43:25 PM
I would like them to make a Concavenator. The only really good mass made plastic Concavenator that I can think of is the favorite one and that's elusive and expensive. I'm not a fan of the Carnegie and CollectA ones so I would love one from Eofauna or Safari.

You make a good point. The other ones were near misses.

Syndicate Bias

what about the concavenator resin kit?
Neovenator would be nice too

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 20, 2018, 07:13:46 PM
what about the concavenator resin kit?
Neovenator would be nice too

I was talking about plastic figures. And I agree about Neovenator, CollectA has a deluxe one that's not bad, but a nicer one would be happily received.

Reptilia

A Morrison formation set would be fantastic. Allosaurus, Torvosaurus and Ceratosaurus are on my top ten list of theropods.

Syndicate Bias

oh that reminds me was that Torvosaurus who stole the kill from the allo in a dinosaur show thats fairly new? ig anyone knows what i mean

Halichoeres

If I were choosing a formation, I might suggest the Gogo formation, the Zhongning formation, the Yixian formation, or the Cleveland Shale over Hell Creek, but I'd be happy with any set of highly accurate figures to scale with one another!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Nor should we forget that Eofauna has the potential to make other Mesozoic creatures such as pterosaurs, crocodiles, marine reptiles (among them mosasaurus, albertonectes) and also Paleozoic figures, most of the main figures of that primitive era are unpublished in the market of the toy a scale 1:20 Moschops, edaphosaurus (independently that there are some in the toy market like Bullyland) or lystrosaurus are good examples of what Eofauna could do.

Eofauna has the potential to make figures of any prehistoric and extinct animal of any epoch in the history of the Earth.  ;)

Ravonium

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 21, 2018, 02:53:52 PM
If I were choosing a formation, I might suggest the Gogo formation, the Zhongning formation, the Yixian formation, or the Cleveland Shale over Hell Creek.

Seconded. Of your choices, I would be especially excited for a Yixian set.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: