News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 10, 2021, 09:28:34 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on January 10, 2021, 08:48:09 PM

C:-) Eofauna general discussion ..... please!
Yes sir, I'm sorry we got off topic.

Anyways does anyone think we should get aquatic animals from eofauna?
yes, whales and mosasaurs
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

stargatedalek

Quote from: Sim on January 17, 2021, 05:29:54 PM
Sorry for the off-topic post, but I found Scott Hartman's comments, they can be seen here: https://www.deviantart.com/comments/1/579486452/4048155959
Quotedoes anyone restore crocodiles or ankylosaurs with soft-tissues covering their armor?
Has... has he ever seen a crocodile? They have skin covering their armor that smooths it out and makes it look like part of the skin rather than sitting on top like he is advocating for in Dunkleosteus.

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 21, 2021, 12:42:42 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 10, 2021, 09:28:34 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on January 10, 2021, 08:48:09 PM

C:-) Eofauna general discussion ..... please!
Yes sir, I'm sorry we got off topic.

Anyways does anyone think we should get aquatic animals from eofauna?
yes, whales and mosasaurs
I'll take anything over more elephants, but whales feels like wishful thinking.

Duna

I've said this a lot of times, but PLEASE, I'll die for a Concavenator and a Paraceratherium or Woolly mammooth. I will be happier than a clam ...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on January 21, 2021, 06:15:03 PM
I've said this a lot of times, but PLEASE, I'll die for a Concavenator and a Paraceratherium or Woolly mammooth. I will be happier than a clam ...

In agreement with you, I also want from Eofauna a concavenator in relation to carnivorous dinosaurs, a paraceratherium in relation to prehistoric mammals and in this case I add a turiasaurus in relation to prehistoric herbivorous dinosaurs.

suspsy

As much as I adore prehistoric proboscidians, I'd rather see Eofauna continue to take a break from them and go with other megafauna. A Paraceratherium would be fabulous, though!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 21, 2021, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: Duna on January 21, 2021, 06:15:03 PM

In agreement with you, I also want from Eofauna a concavenator in relation to carnivorous dinosaurs, a paraceratherium in relation to prehistoric mammals and in this case I add a turiasaurus in relation to prehistoric herbivorous dinosaurs.
Of course, a Turiasaurus. They could make it magnificent.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

They are now committed on figures of Dinosauria and Proboscipedia and their projects. So in these circumstances, other prehistoric creatures are not coming so soon from them. But they have said that they will concentrate on them later on (I am extremely interested for a series on prehistoric cats, including saber tooth, cave lion, american lion etc. and a series on prehistoric crocodilians which I have informed Eofauna). Among these two groups I shall be immensely happy to see any kind of theropod figure from them this year, but now with lips and small scales with realistic theropod skin tone as we know of them. I am also hoping for an Ankylosaurus, Denversaurus, Edmontonia, Nedoceratops, Bravoceratops (utterly underrepresented) and any dromeosaur figure from them gradually. Above all, I have still not bought the PNSO rex figure and waiting for the most accurate version of this super-theropod from Eofauna.

In case of Proscipedian figures, a Colombian Mammoth/ American Mastodon and Woolly Mammoth  (Eofauna version) deserve a warm welcome.

Stegotyranno420

Am i the only one who wants prehistoric dogs like amphicyon and epicyon and aencyon?

The Prehistoric Traveler

The market is already oversaturated with dinosaurs and there are many interesting proboscideans that have never been honored with a figure. Mammut borsini would be a wish. An EoFauna T. rex would be fantastic though to go with their amazing triceratops.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 21, 2021, 07:03:23 PM
Am i the only one who wants prehistoric dogs like amphicyon and epicyon and aencyon?

no me too! Im dying for someone to make a figure of a prehistoric mammal carnivore that isn't smilodon or hyenodon.

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I would also like those prehistoric mammals. I think that in the world of toy dinosaurs, none of those named have been made to date, unless it is a vintage edition and in the world of collecting (resin figures) few figures must have been made of those animals prehistoric.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: suspsy on January 21, 2021, 06:23:55 PM
As much as I adore prehistoric proboscidians, I'd rather see Eofauna continue to take a break from them and go with other megafauna. A Paraceratherium would be fabulous, though!

I'm DYING for a Paraceratherium, and I keep expecting that to be Eofauna's next species.

GojiraGuy1954

I think EoFauna's next species will either be an Edmontosaurus (Massive, has a lot of remains, and we know the pattern)

(Don't worry about the colours, they aren't like that. Its just to show the pattern better)

or a Woolly Mammoth (Despite being very well-known and popular, there are no good figures of it currently)
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I am waiting for a next and updated classic theropod figure from Eofauna in this year especially any member of Tyrannosauridae family (especially the most accurate T.rex figure with lips, forward facing eyes, minute scale details seem to be naked skin mentioning a few features to go with their amazing Trike) or any dromeosaur figure. For Proboscipedian sereies a Colombian Mammoth will be a pleasant surprise.

stargatedalek

Would be best if they held off an any Tyrannosaurs, given they seem to lean very conservative with their reconstructions and there are things in the pipeline regarding our old friend that means that sort of approach will age poorly.

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 05, 2021, 07:43:26 PM
Would be best if they held off an any Tyrannosaurs, given they seem to lean very conservative with their reconstructions and there are things in the pipeline regarding our old friend that means that sort of approach will age poorly.

You think so? The one featured in Eofauna's book on theropods looks pretty up to date to me. Granted, it doesn't have lips, but we all know that's an ongoing debate. And it does feature minimal feathering on its head and neck.

Loon

I would have to agree with them holding off, though, I don't know exactly what things in the pipeline you're referring to. Maybe the Fighting Dinosaurs fossil? I imagine, if it does contain a Tyrannosaurus, it could be useful to use whatever info is gleamed from that.

suspsy

Quote from: Loon on February 05, 2021, 08:02:19 PM

I would have to agree with them holding off, though, I don't know exactly what things in the pipeline you're referring to. Maybe the Fighting Dinosaurs fossil? I imagine, if it does contain a Tyrannosaurus, it could be useful to use whatever info is gleamed from that.

I doubt it. The Duelling Dinosaurs specimen is a juvenile, so while it would provide greater insight into T. rex growth by comparing it with Jane, it wouldn't shed any further light on how an adult looked.

Loon

avatar_suspsy @suspsy that does make sense. I suppose all it could offer in terms of an adult reconstruction would maybe skin or integument? Though, I'm not sure how solid a bet that is.

Then, I'm interested to see what this upcoming info is that Stargatedalek referenced.

If the reconstruction in there book is as good as you described it, it'd definitely be the new Tyrannosaurus in my collection. Probably far better than the new PNSO one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: