News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

I may have already said too much. There are some things some people have been privy to that are not published yet regarding the good ol' tyrant kings integument.

I was not exactly meant to be made aware, so I'm not under NDA or anything, but I'm also not just going to share the actual leaks openly.

*edit*
I'm not familiar with their book, but aside from the lips that sounds like they might not be as under-prepared as I thought.

Faelrin

While jogging my memory on if the Dueling Dinosaurs specimens had integument it appears they do. Something noteworthy was mentioned on the NC Museum website regarding them about the tyrannosaur specimen in particular and that integument of its foot looks similar to an emu's foot.

I suppose this isn't too surprising as there has been much discussion regarding how integument of non-maniraptoran theropods should look or not look like. Which if I had to guess is perhaps why some of Doug Watson's latest theropods such as the Carnotaurus, or perhaps more appropriately the Daspletosaurus, have feet integument that is not modern bird like, but more ratite like.

Of course it would be best to wait and see these specimens to be published (if not when they are finally displayed publicly) on first, beyond existing findings.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 05, 2021, 07:43:26 PM
Would be best if they held off an any Tyrannosaurs, given they seem to lean very conservative with their reconstructions and there are things in the pipeline regarding our old friend that means that sort of approach will age poorly.

While i wholeheartedly understand your respectful and noble position about not disclosing any information others have probably worked very hard on, can you tell us something about the release date of this very interesting info? To bad David Silva probably will be to late for this as well.

suspsy

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on February 07, 2021, 05:12:16 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on February 05, 2021, 07:43:26 PM
Would be best if they held off an any Tyrannosaurs, given they seem to lean very conservative with their reconstructions and there are things in the pipeline regarding our old friend that means that sort of approach will age poorly.

While i wholeheartedly understand your respectful and noble position about not disclosing any information others have probably worked very hard on, can you tell us something about the release date of this very interesting info? To bad David Silva probably will be to late for this as well.

Yeah, I was thinking that very same thing. Also, this isn't anything against stargatedalek personally, but I kind of hate it whenever someone drops a vague hint about something "coming soon" or "in the pipeline" in the world of palaeontology. Mostly because those terms are so bloody elastic.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Halichoeres

There's always something in the pipeline about this particular taxon. It stands to reason, therefore, that all companies should refrain from making it until the pipe is cleared. Ditto Spinosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stolpergeist on February 13, 2021, 08:29:08 PM
Makes me recall the unfortunate move of multiple companies releasing their spinosaurs in 2019, but in all honesty, this just records the scientific progress and furthermore I don't see any harm with getting some foreshadowing.
To know that something is coming up just prepares one and that's all, I don't see anything wrong with that.
Especially when there is a huge change coming soon, it would be unwise to release a model that could become outdated by the next day if you want to keep it on the market for a little longer.
But that doesn't mean everything should be stopped, that is a rather radical interpretation.

Although I'm pretty bored of both of these taxa personally, I'm definitely being facetious here!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Mellow Stego

I would love to see Eofauna make a updated Dilophosaurus.

Something like the Scientific American magazine cover.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I know it will be annoying, but I still want another Triceratops horridus after having seen the 3D modelling process of of the figures they have remolded based on the actual skeletons. I know this is a over represented species, even Eofauna has this novel species of Triceratops. But the 3D sculpt of T.horridus I have seen in their Facebook video is at the another level.

John

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on February 26, 2021, 03:49:24 PM
I know it will be annoying, but I still want another Triceratops horridus after having seen the 3D modelling process of of the figures they have remolded based on the actual skeletons. I know this is a over represented species, even Eofauna has this novel species of Triceratops. But the 3D sculpt of T.horridus I have seen in their Facebook video is at the another level.
No want for any particular species can ever be annoying,because there is no such thing as any dinosaur being "over represented". :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Stegotyranno420

avatar_John @John finally someone i can agree with. But it is cool to see obscure ones too

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: John on February 26, 2021, 05:05:41 PM
Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on February 26, 2021, 03:49:24 PM
No want for any particular species can ever be annoying,because there is no such thing as any dinosaur being "over represented". :)
that depends on your perspective. There certainly is in my opinion.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

John

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 26, 2021, 05:28:20 PM
avatar_John @John finally someone i can agree with. But it is cool to see obscure ones too
Yes,obscure ones would be just as welcome as the most famous ones. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: John on February 26, 2021, 06:51:09 PM
Yes,obscure ones would be just as welcome as the most famous ones. :)
Yes. I rather have a, say, Simbakubwa AND spinosaurus than one or the other. The more the merrier.
P.S: I love your signature message! Its so funny

Halichoeres

Given that the capacity of a given manufacturer is finite, I'm almost always happier to see them do something that hasn't been done before, or at least not done well. To some extent it's a zero-sum game.

GojiraGuy1954

Obscure dinos are only cool if they aren't like a tooth or smthin lol
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on February 26, 2021, 10:57:13 PM
Obscure dinos are only cool if they aren't like a tooth or smthin lol
Yeah, I used to be big fan of animals like Veterupristsaurus and vitakridrinda, until I found out how much we really knew bout 'em

Newt

On the other hand, no dinosaur is more completely known than Brachylophosaurus, but how many Brachylophosaurus figures are there? Answer: not enough.

At any rate, I'm always excited to see new heffalumps from Eofauna. I'd also love to see their takes on other mammalian megaherbivores; besides Paraceratherium, I'm sure they could do a great job on rhinocerotid and amynodontid rhinos, brontotheres, uintatheres, pantodonts, toxodonts, pyrotheres, ground sloths, desmostylians, camels, bovids, giraffids, wacky extinct suids (seriously, why does nobody make these?) and so on.

Stegotyranno420

i thought pssitacosaurus, borealpelta, and countless other birdosaurs were much more well know, we even have their colors

Newt

Eh, I'd consider those to be at the same level of "known" as Brachy, which has not just one incredibly-well-preserved specimen, but many. Also, stomach contents! Anyways, my point was that Brachylophosaurus is an "obscure" dinosaur from the pop culture standpoint, but an extremely well-known one from a paleontological standpoint. It's no tooth taxon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: