News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Yep, that's starting to look like a Triceratops. But wouldn't it be neat if it was, say, Coahuilaceratops?

Quote from: Loon on October 26, 2020, 02:29:59 PM(I don't even watch Kamen Rider).
You totally should  :D

Loon

Quote from: Patrx on October 26, 2020, 03:16:55 PM
Yep, that's starting to look like a Triceratops. But wouldn't it be neat if it was, say, Coahuilaceratops?

Quote from: Loon on October 26, 2020, 02:29:59 PM(I don't even watch Kamen Rider).
You totally should  :D

I would love a Coahuilaceratops. Also, Kamen Rider, like Sentai, is one of those things I'd get into and end up spending way too much money.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Pretty much any Ceratopsid not named Triceratops would be more exciting to me than one named Triceratops but I'm sure it will be a very impressive piece whatever it is.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Be great if it was any three-horned ceratopsian other than Triceratops. Pentaceratops, Titanoceratops, Ojoceratops, any of those would be great.

If it really is Triceratops, I probably will pass, but I'm positive it'll be a masterpiece. And hey, maybe the next Eofauna toy will be a Tyrannosaurus rex to go with it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

I'd buy any species that eofauna makes if they keep the same sculpt quality and accuracy. So, i'll be picking this up, even if it is Triceratops rather than Udanoceratops. Also, those legs look way too long and thin for a trike
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Duna

Oooh, not paraceratherium!  :'( Don't worry my dear, your place on the shelf will be reserved for another year more. :)

Triceratops has relatively thin legs, we are used to have them sculpted and drawn like columns, but I have a Triceratops skeleton 1:20, which I'm looking at this moment, and legs are really thin. It's head that is HUGE.
I really want that it's not triceratops, but nevertheless, there will always be place for an Eofauna dinosaur in my collection.

GojiraGuy1954

To my knowledge, this is an accurate Trike (Bar the keratin frill) and the legs are way different

Flaffy

Quote from: Duna on October 26, 2020, 05:02:08 PM
Triceratops has relatively thin legs, we are used to have them sculpted and drawn like columns, but I have a Triceratops skeleton 1:20, which I'm looking at this moment, and legs are really thin.

I mean, it is a skeleton. Lacking any muscles, fat, soft tissue and skin.

Lanthanotus

Gah...

I mean, I honestly do not want to spoil anyone`s fun and expactation, but personally I do not need another ceratopsian out of the manyfold great offers by different companies, no matter how good it is executed. Shame, I`ll be hard pressed to deceide to get it just for the sake of completeness or really skip it....

Shonisaurus

It will be perhaps the most scientifically accurate triceratops on the market. Personally I plan to add it to my collection. Thanks Eofauna!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 26, 2020, 04:54:49 PM
I'd buy any species that eofauna makes if they keep the same sculpt quality and accuracy. So, i'll be picking this up, even if it is Triceratops rather than Udanoceratops. Also, those legs look way too long and thin for a trike
I do so wish it was Udanoceratops but it is definitely not.

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus I kinda agree with you so long as you mena Ceratopsid. I don't think a Leptoceratopsid such as Udanoceratops counts, but I'm 99.8% sure that this figure is a Ceratopsid though  :-\
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

I didn't know of Udanoceratops before, I need one now... Like, as a friend.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 26, 2020, 06:05:20 PM

avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus I kinda agree with you so long as you mena Ceratopsid. I don't think a Leptoceratopsid such as Udanoceratops counts, but I'm 99.8% sure that this figure is a Ceratopsid though  :-\
I think it's definitely a smaller ceratopsian because of the thin legs

Flaffy

I patiently await for someone to make a Udanoceratops  :'(.
And we were so close to getting one... in the BotM series.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Flaffy on October 26, 2020, 07:24:09 PM

I patiently await for someone to make a Udanoceratops  :'(.
And we were so close to getting one... in the BotM series.
I know that was so disappointing when we found out the Udanoceratops had been dropped. I hope someone will make one eventually. I think CollectA is the most likely at this point

PhilSauria

To me all Dinosaurs are fascinating, but having said that I know that to people with an interest in prehistoric fauna some are more fascinating than others.

The species that holds the most fascination or interest (not fond of the term 'favorite') for me, as I may have mentioned once or twice, are Sauropods but Ceratopsians are a pretty close second and though it would seem that I may be in the minority here I will always find space for another interpretaion of Triceratops.

As we don't know for sure that's what this is yet whatever it is I'll be placing my order when it's available to order. A Ceratopsian and a new figure from Eofauna is a win - win for this collector.

RobinGoodfellow

( let's start with criticisms..  ::) )

suspsy

Wow.

As much as I wasn't looking forward to another Triceratops toy, I am quite blown away by this one. It looks spectacular, and what a smart choice to go with that particular specimen. Although T. prorsus would have been just as awesome to me.

Now bring on a Tyrannosaurus rex for this beast to do battle with!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You know Triceratops sp. is a lot nice interesting than Triceratops horridus, it looks interesting with the keratinous horns too. I wish the mouth was closed but it still looks good

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: