News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintingdinos

I love the Triceratops. Screaming pose is often something I personally avoid on carnivore models but I like it here.

A Triceratops thrusting it's horns upwards and bellowing as loud as it can to ward off a large predator makes for a compelling scene.

I welcome dynamic posing and appreciate Eofauna's take :)

Renecito

I love Eofauna and that is a beautiful figure with an awful paint scheme but the thing is that I am not impressed, this year they were only to produce one figure and I thought that it was gonna be something spectacular but at least for me that is not the case. I am a bit dissapointed but it's a cool figure though.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

I would have preferred a new figure from Eofauna, for example a barapasaurus, a kosmoceratops, a tsintaosaurus or a majungasaurus to give four examples. But without a doubt that triceratops as I have already mentioned has subjugated and enthralled me. Is very pretty.

I would also like Eofauna to make a paraceratherium, although I think it would not be as successful as other prehistoric mammals and logically much less successful than triceratops and tyrannosaurus rex.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 27, 2020, 05:33:05 PM
I would have preferred a new figure from Eofauna, for example a barapasaurus, a kosmoceratops, a tsintaosaurus or a majungasaurus to give four examples. But without a doubt that triceratops as I have already mentioned has subjugated and enthralled me. Is very pretty.

I would also like Eofauna to make a paraceratherium, although I think it would not be as successful as other prehistoric mammals and logically much less successful than triceratops and tyrannosaurus rex.
Yes, we need more Indian Dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 27, 2020, 05:36:55 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 27, 2020, 05:33:05 PM

Yes, we need more Indian Dinosaurs

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno Also one of my favorite dinosaurs is the rajasaurus, along with the majungasaurus from Madagascar, it is an abelisaurid that needs a little more love. We need more Asian dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that don't necessarily have to be from China, Japan or Mongolia. According to you, Indian dinosaurs need a lot more love from toy dinosaur brands.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 27, 2020, 05:53:14 PM
I am still sad about what Schleich did to Barapasaurus, a take by EoFauna is much needed.
I never planned to get the Schleich Barapasaurus myself but ended up getting one as part of a lot so now I am stuck with it and it is very large and heavy.

The only photo I took of it for now, you can't see its creepy ugliness from that angle however.
It's far from the beautiful illustrations I saw of it on the DeAgostini pages when I was a kindergarten child.
WHy just send it to me

stargatedalek

Triceratops could easily be even more colourful, the horns in particular. Dinosaurs weren't colourblind like mammals are so there is no reason ceratopsian horns couldn't have used all sorts of dramatic colours the way birds beaks do. Remember, these are the same materials hornbill casques are made of, and some of them even use those for intraspecific combat in the same ways we think Triceratops did.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 27, 2020, 06:20:53 PM
avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek Yep, definitely.
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno Sorry, but it's a keeper now.
I'll do my best to give it a glow up.
Nah man, it was a joke. It was a mock up of my racoonish nature of getting stuff

Loon

The more I look at the colors, the more I like them. Sure, I wish the body had a bit more complex of a pattern, but I really love the head. While not exact, the striking colors really remind me of the Dinosaurs in the Wild Triceratops, which is not a bad thing at all.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 27, 2020, 06:27:00 PM
I hope that's not too political but I'm not comfortable with "man", same with "dude", "bro" or "my guy".
Oh sorry, so you are female?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 27, 2020, 06:30:26 PM
I don't want to answer that as it can be seen as a breach of forum rule 7.
Oh no, im really really sorry

Stegotyranno420

But how is it polictical or religious. Gender has nothing to do with that.(just saying, i understand that dont wish to tell, im just curious)

Sim

Respectfully avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno, ask stolpergesit in a pm, you've gone way off-topic.  No need to reply to this.

As for thenew Eofauna figure, I'm disappointed, but I shouldn't expect Eofauna to make something I'll like.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Stolpergeist on October 27, 2020, 05:35:05 PM

I see some resemblance. And I love those antelopes! Among my favorites, very pretty.

Shonisaurus

I would have preferred a kosmoceratops, sinoceratops or chasmosaurus belli among other ceratopsids instead of the triceratops but it was something that had been announced in a veiled way even by the Eofauna brand on their Internet pages so it does not surprise me but in my case I had the well-founded hopes that that prehistoric animal was different from the triceratops and even that my favorite prehistoric mammal would have been a paraceratherium.

But as I have commented, the sale of the triceratops will mean juicy profits for the brand. We have to be understanding with Eofauna, as it is logical they will sell their products regardless of whether they are known prehistoric animals or not, this case is a classic dinosaur.

We have to give thanks to Eofauna because the products it markets are purely scientific and the members of this brand strive every day to make recreations of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals as scientifically exact as possible, making PVC products of high quality but low cost and that means risking a lot of money.

stargatedalek

If you're not comfortable talking about it, by all means please don't let anyone force you; but for future reference when someone's existence is deemed "political" is generally where the bounds of Rule 7 make an exception. People should always be able to talk about themselves and their identity if they're comfortable doing so, and making sure users are welcomed is a very key part of the reasons to have rules in the first place.

But yes, this isn't the place to be asking someone personal questions. This is a public space and it's important to be respectful of others privacy and not pressure them into things.

Quote from: Sim on October 27, 2020, 06:41:45 PMAs for thenew Eofauna figure, I'm disappointed, but I shouldn't expect Eofauna to make something I'll like.
Agreed. New species and all I'm still not very interested in another Triceratops. Figures of this genus just needs to have something special going for them at this point to get me to add another one.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 27, 2020, 06:53:47 PM
If you're not comfortable talking about it, by all means please don't let anyone force you; but for future reference when someone's existence is deemed "political" is generally where the bounds of Rule 7 make an exception. People should always be able to talk about themselves and their identity if they're comfortable doing so, and making sure users are welcomed is a very key part of the reasons to have rules in the first place.

But yes, this isn't the place to be asking someone personal questions. This is a public space and it's important to be respectful of others privacy and not pressure them into things.

Quote from: Sim on October 27, 2020, 06:41:45 PMAs for thenew Eofauna figure, I'm disappointed, but I shouldn't expect Eofauna to make something I'll like.
Agreed. New species and all I'm still not very interested in another Triceratops. Figures of this genus just needs to have something special going for them at this point to get me to add another one.
It isn't "just another trike," it's a figure of a species of Trike that has never been made before (said species remains unnamed)
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dinoguy2

Instant buy for me. This is the best modern Triceratops figure by far. Finally, a cheeckless version with appropriately long keratin on the horns. Head and body proportions look good too. Yoshi's Trike and Kelsey both have good, reasonably complete postcrania that show the head is smaller relative to the body than often depicted.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

terrorchicken

I like it, but yeah those are some very Collecta-ish color patterns.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: