News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna general discussion

Started by Reptilia, March 05, 2018, 01:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I honestly think it's a triceratops. Although I really like the glytodon or another terrestrial armadillo or even a prehistoric turtle, I prefer it to be really a triceratops for several reasons, because it is a profitable figure for Eofauna that will help them to successfully maintain their company due to the success of sales for that figure that they are it will generate large profits that will serve to commercialize, over time, unpublished figures in the dinosaur and prehistoric collectible / toy market. ยด

On the other hand, I understand that the triceratops is an iconic animal that cannot be missing from a brand of dinosaurs and finally the Eofauna triceratops can even far exceed other similar figures in the collectible dinosaur market apart from Eofauna, it makes outstanding, cool figures. and out of the ordinary from the positive sense of the word.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 24, 2020, 02:34:07 AM
Hmmmmmmm, I'm actually kinda intrigued now! I'm not gonna get hyped though. It's probably just a Trike.

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I hope it's not a Triceratops, which I still think is the most likely. I am not that interested in Glyptodon either since I managed to track down the Schleich one  or long ago and it would be a shame to replace so soon. Unless it's a different genus from Glyptodon itself or Doedicurus. I would love a Panochthus actually.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

terrorchicken

I can see the open mouth with the tongue inside... Im not 100 percent convinced its a trike yet.

Carnoking

I'm not convinced of anything, but I will say that if Eofauna was going to release only one figure this year, I would think they would stick to a dinosaur model. This is in no way a knock against prehistoric mammals, but if we're talking in terms of profit, dinosaur models are the surefire bet. To that end, my money is still on some sort of ceratopsian. If I'm wrong and it is not a dinosaur, then I suppose my wallet will get a break from Eofauna for the year.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Carnoking on October 24, 2020, 07:46:44 PM
I'm not convinced of anything, but I will say that if Eofauna was going to release only one figure this year, I would think they would stick to a dinosaur model. This is in no way a knock against prehistoric mammals, but if we're talking in terms of profit, dinosaur models are the surefire bet. To that end, my money is still on some sort of ceratopsian. If I'm wrong and it is not a dinosaur, then I suppose my wallet will get a break from Eofauna for the year.
Honestly i prefer dinosaurs over mammals too

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 24, 2020, 07:58:37 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on October 24, 2020, 07:46:44 PM
Honestly i prefer dinosaurs over mammals too

I honestly do not care if the prehistoric animal sculpted by Eofauna is a dinosaur, a prehistoric mammal or another extinct or primitive species. Whatever it is I am sure it will be a great collectible figure.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: terrorchicken on October 24, 2020, 07:10:20 PM
I can see the open mouth with the tongue inside... Im not 100 percent convinced its a trike yet.

Ah, yes, I see it now.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on October 25, 2020, 03:20:54 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on October 24, 2020, 07:10:20 PM

Ah, yes, I see it now.

I sincerely believe that it is a triceratops without question.

Flaffy

Eofauna teaser. Dunno why EverythingDinosaur's image resolution was so low.

Safe to say that it's a ceratopsian at the very least. Though the limbs feel rather gracile, more gracile than their Triceratops reconstruction. I wonder if that's any indication of what genus this is.

PrimevalRaptor

Scaled the two pictures together, definitely looks like a smaller ceratopsian, I was confused about where the tail would go, but after doodling over it a bit, that's just the angle I think (and the upper right shows the lower jaw)

Shonisaurus

It seems to be a super-excellent figure, judging by the details of the hooves. I do not know if it will be the triceratops, it is a ceratopsid for sure, but in this case I think it is a very elegant sculpted triceratops and that are the reasons why the legs seem less coarse for it to be a triceratops, but knowing its atlasaurus I am almost certainly and its redundancy is worth to me that it is a triceratops perhaps the most elegant in its bearing. What I do not know if it will belong to a subspecies of triceratops other than triceratops horridus.

Flaffy

Hmm, lots of space on the top of the image... Maybe it's one of those larger frilled chasmosaurines? Would definitely be more interesting than your usual Triceratops.

PrimevalRaptor

That would be really nice, I'm still waiting for a nice Chasmosaurus. Also I'm pretty stoked to see the full coloration, the tones so far are pretty intriguing.

John

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

GojiraGuy1954

Now that Glyptodon has been eliminated, I believe this to be an EoFauna Udanoceratops.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Loon

I woke up and saw this, then went back to sleep and had a dream that the next piece to be revealed was the frill and the horns, which confirmed it to be a Chasmosaurus. It was one of those incredibly mundane dreams that convinces you it was real; so, when I checked this thread again, I was a little disappointed to say the least.

I guess, if it is Triceratops, I won't be excited, but I'll be happy with how it comes out. So far, from the tiny bit of it we see,I think it looks very good. Still, I can't get over how much the orangey coloration of the body reminds me of Kamen Rider Gaim (I don't even watch Kamen Rider).

Faelrin

I'm honestly guessing Triceratops now based on the shadow, near the feet. Slim chance for it to be something else such as Torosaurus, etc.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Quote from: Faelrin on October 26, 2020, 03:00:12 PM
I'm honestly guessing Triceratops now based on the shadow, near the feet. Slim chance for it to be something else such as Torosaurus, etc.

Oh you're right, I didn't notice those horns... Well, at least it still looks good.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: