News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

That's a nice variant, avoids some of the more zombie-like aspects of the original.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_SenSx @SenSx  I'm glad you like it, I'm also infinitely glad you got that paint version. It is an extraordinary figure for me. Thank you for sharing experiences regarding acquisitions.

B @Bokisaurus  Thank you for your kind words, of course I am very lucky to have acquired this triceratops with that unique version of paint and in very limited units.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres  Thank you for your words, I share your ideas, although in any case the original version of Doyle's painting does not cease to have its charm, at least for me, this version undoubtedly exceeds in quality and beauty the one you have mentioned .

Shonisaurus

As promised I just received the tsintaosaurus from PNSO it's a cool dinosaur and I don't regret buying it with all the extra accessories. It is honestly a highly recommended figure.

The details in both sculpture and painting are exceptionally good and even improve other figures in my collection such as the PNSO lambeosaurus and corythosaurus in terms of quality, I would have preferred a much more artistic base but I do not regret buying it, it is an investment in regarding my personal happiness since it is a self-gift or rather a reward for my behavior in my personal and work life. I pass you the images.

I photograph the box of said figure that will be immediately destroyed. Sincerely, it is one of the best dinosaur companies scientifically speaking in terms of the presentation of its products, I would dare to say that it is the best by far. I pass you photos of the envelope where the photos are. I know that my mobile phone or rather I am not good enough when it comes to photos but at least I contribute something to the forum.

I pass you the photo credit without further comment of the PNSO's tsintaosaurus.

Tsintaosaurus with base

Photos of the base of the tsintaosaurus.

I have to publish my entire collection but now it is impossible for work reasons and above all for health reasons (with inflammatory arthritis in my feet it is impossible for me to climb a ladder) to download all my figures and publish them in the DTF.

Honestly, the PNSO tsintaosaurus is a highly recommended figure and my suggestion is that you don't miss it if your wallet allows you to buy this beauty. It is much larger than what the photos showed for me it is a figure at least voluminous and that makes up for all the lack of size.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Tsintaosaurus looks stunning, excellent aquisition avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus it looks like one of the best figures I have ever seen. Looking forward to next week or the week after when ED gets it in. I am happy for you that have such a wonderful figure in your possession.
Are you planning on displaying it on the base? Personally I was going to use that put the Helicoprion on, or another solid aquatic animal that I can balance the stance, maybe the CollectA upcoming Spinosaurus if the holes are spaced out enough.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Thanks for your comments, indeed, yes, the PNSO tsintaosaurus is impressive and is the best on the market along with its resin counterpart, the latter "retro". I plan to display it with the base and I haven't seen the cards yet. It is quite expensive but worth buying. There is no company in the world with better presented figures than the PNSO figures. Highly recommended. Honestly, perhaps with that base as you say, if you buy the tsintaosaurus you can use it for the PNSO helicoprion or the Collecta spinosaurus. It is exciting to have this new figure. Honestly, the PNSO figures are the best scientific figures on the market, I repeat. It is a pity that they are so expensive and that with the amount of novelties (luckily for collectors who can financially afford to buy all or most of the figures) one cannot afford to cover the entire PNSO collection.

ceratopsian

I'm so glad you have your Tsintaosaurus arrive safely.  It looks an impressive model.  I'm looking forward to ordering mine as soon as Everything Dinosaur have them in stock.

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I sincerely recommend it to you, it is extremely very beautiful, apart from it it comes with a very attractive additional material. Thank you for your words.

Halichoeres

It's an incredible figure. I wish they'd included a couple of the Y-shaped rods that they used for the Mosasaurus, so the base could be more easily repurposed.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I'm glad you like it. Honestly, the base of the tsintaosaurus could have been used for a marine animal, as you mentioned, with some rods placed in each of the holes in the base, it would have been great, it could have been reused.

I would have liked an artistic base for the tsintaosaurus like the Doyle triceratops, although I am logically aware that the price would increase and as we are now, unfortunately economically, it would mean a great cost and effort for anyone who wanted to have this curious hadrosauroid lambeosaurine.

Shonisaurus

I just received from Alcaiceria (a store in my nation) with free shipping the next batch of figures that add to my collection, for personal reasons I have not been able to connect with the forum until now and I only limit myself to observing the publications. (I am preparing oppositions).

I send you the images of the figures

The star figure of this shipment is the diplodocus of Eofauna, it is immense! Bearing in mind that sauropods of such a considerable size and solid are no longer manufactured, with exceptions such as PNSO, lingwulong, for example. The painting of the figure is exceptional and the finish is exceptional. I waited to buy this lot together with the Eofauna konobelodon, baby smilodon or juvenile smilodon from Papo, majungasaurus from Schleich and smok from Collecta for savings reasons and I finally decided to buy those figures. Next month I will publish (when they arrive) the figures of the Collecta paraceratherium, Collecta 2022 pteranodon, Collecta 2022 edmontosaurus and Collecta 2022 spinosaurus. In the meantime I will wait. Patience is bitter but it bears sweet fruit, in this case it has been.

It is perhaps the most striking and beautiful sauropod figure that I have in my collection. I pass without further ado the photos.

The quality of the images is not good, we could say that it is bad and also many of the photos are details of the figure, my mobile does not allow me to take higher quality photos and in a full and large size that well-known and beautiful sauropod from the Jurassic A thousand apologies on my part.

Shonisaurus

Next is the konobelodond e Eofauna, it is very beautiful, perhaps I like the palaeolodoxon antiquus of the same brand better. It reminds me, I don't know why, of the elephants that Hannibal carried for the failed conquest of the Roman Empire, although they have no similarities. The muscles, veins and wrinkles are spectacular on the figure and its painting is typical of a figure from a superior quality company (well Eofauna is a high quality company) but with stratospheric costs such as Nanmu or Rebor, fortunately it does not happen with Eofauna (for now). I pass the photographs.

ceratopsian

I have missed you on the forum avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus!  Good to hear you have these two wonderful models from Eofauna. I look at the Diplodocus every day in my study and it always brings me pleasure.

Shonisaurus

Next figure is Schleich's majungasaurus. For me the best figure of Schleich 2022 and the only one I have bought and honestly it is the best today that exists in the toy market of that strange abelisaurid theropod from Madagascar. Undoubtedly it will be superseded by figures from other companies such as PNSO, Collecta (with a new reissue), Safari or Rebor to give several examples, I pass the photos and my opinion that it is very well sculpted and although I am not a fan of bright colors that this majungasaurus from Schleich has, they honestly fit him very well, he is favored, the painting of the teeth should perhaps be better finished and the sculpture is great more than acceptable even though he has those feet that do not like in the DTF and that are not scientists sincerely in In my case, one saves when buying rods to support that figure. It is the best Schleich theropod that today, today I have in my collection and I honestly like it a lot even if it wasn't. Majungasaurus is one of my favorite theropods. I pass the photos.

Shonisaurus

Papo's next juvenile smilodon figure, like all Papo figures except for a few exceptions, very well sculpted and makes a very good pair with his counterpart from Safari, I had to wait to pick him up for almost a year and eight months, they finally received him at the store. It is a figure of a small prehistoric mammal or in this case a charming juvenile.

Shonisaurus

Finally, the Collecta smok found in the Triassic in Poland, is much larger than I would have imagined. Like all Collecta figures, figures from high-quality companies such as Eofauna, but with affordable prices for the pocket, make a very good pair with the lisawicia bojani of the same brand. Detailed and well finished and its painting bill impeccable, I pass the photos.

Shonisaurus

To finish, I pass photos of the group of my latest collection figures and photos of the smok vs lisawicia bojani. I hope DTF members enjoy it.

Lisowicia bojani vs smok duel of triassic titans!

Shonisaurus

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian  Thanks for your words. :)  I do not contact much in writing through the forum because I am very ill, as I have already mentioned, I suffer from ankylosing spondylitis that causes a lot of pain in my body on cold days, I am beginning to have pain in my spine and something in my hips and I take many medications anti-inflammatories, now with the summer season I am quite well, but this disease ultimately needs biological drugs that can cause leukemia or melanoma among other diseases, in fact many members of my father's family died of leukemia or are ill. But I have a positive spirit.

Apart from this I am preparing the oppositions for stabilization as a civil servant. That's why I don't have much contact with the DTF.

paintingdinos

Its good to see new posts from you!

Great haul. The Eofauna Diplodocus is such a wonderful figure. I don't usually collect sauropods, but this one is something special. The Konobelodond is also excellent, Eofauna always hits it out of the park.

Shonisaurus

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos I agree with you, honestly the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Eofauna are sensational. Eofauna is one of the best prehistoric animal companies on the market. The diplodocus Eofauna is exceptionally well finished and with a painting that to date I have not found in another of its species, the konobelodon is also very beautiful and is even superior to its Eofauna deinotherium counterpart. They are highly recommended figures.

Pliosaurking

Nice haul avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus
I recently got both of the new eofauna figures and they are nothing short of fantastic!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: