News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Shonisaurus collection

Started by Shonisaurus, April 17, 2018, 09:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking  I'm glad you like my new acquisitions. Honestly, the figures of Eofauna are of excellent quality as I have already indicated and very affordable economically speaking, high quality and economic price makes Eofauna an extremely attractive company.

Halichoeres

Good to see you back, Shoni. I'm sorry to hear you're ill, but I'm glad you're able to still enjoy your hobby.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Thank you for your words, fighting with optimism and with the strength of Samson with my illness and encouraged to be more often in the DTF when I finish the oppositions in which I play a lot.

From then on, I hope to update myself regarding figures from PNSO, Nanmu Studio, Beasts of the Mesozoic, W.Dragon, Favorite Kinto, Rebor or W-Dragon among other high quality companies apart from buying figures from Collecta, Safari, Mojo , Papo, Schleich.  :)

ceratopsian

I'm glad you can find optimism, avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, as you cope with your illness.

Shonisaurus

@Thanks. Of course, I have accepted the disease and life is a struggle. I am not afraid of the disease although I have fully informed myself of what it is. Every day that passes I thank God and life for giving me a few more minutes and hours. Although it is not a fatal disease, it is very painful and disabling and every day that I do not have pain in my body is a gift from Heaven for me.

In September I will publish in my thread the novelties of pteranodon, paraceratherium, edmontosaurus and spinosaurus from Collecta 2022 with my comments and I will try to publish better photos, at least more diaphanous and clear.

EmperorDinobot

I was wondering where you had gone. Those are some nice figures. I am sure my mom will get me the Schleich Majingasaurus for Christmas. She always gets me Schleich figures from the store nearby.

Shonisaurus

avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot Thanks, I'm glad you like them. Honestly, the Schleich majungasaurus is a figure that I like, it's huge. The other figures are also very beautiful, especially those of Eofauna and Collecta and Papo's juvenile smilodon, although it is a small one, it is honestly very well finished.

Shonisaurus

As promised, I'm sending you the news that just arrived on Friday morning from Collecta 2022, that is, the paraceratherium, edmontosaurus, swimming spinosaurus and pteranodon.

I pass you the photos.

Collecta's Edmontosaurus is beautiful and huge! its violet or blue purple color makes it very beautiful and without the articulated jaw! It's great! I'm sending you a photo with its counterpart from Safari, they make a good pair of figures of that curious hadrosaurid.

Shonisaurus

Spinosaurus swimming, it's very long and very well sculpted, I'll share it with its counterparts from GR Toys, my favorite spinosaurus from Papo special edition, Mojo, Carnegie and Nanmu Studio.

I also pass a photo with his counterpart from Favorite, you can see the evolution based on scientific knowledge of said figure.

Shonisaurus

Paraceratherium of Collecta. My favorite prehistoric mammal with its IToy counterpart. I obviously prefer Itoy's because of its size and because I'm used to that appearance on this prehistoric mammal since I was very little, but honestly Collecta's figure is more than acceptable and its size is very good and it is appreciated that Collecta takes the risk to do that figure from the commercial point of view, on the other hand a different new interpretation of that prehistoric mammal by artists of prehistoric toy animals in this case the great Matthias Geiger is interesting.

Shonisaurus

Finally, Collecta's pteranodon, the "little one of the bunch" but perhaps one of the most interesting, is a pteranodon figure that equals in beauty its predecessor Deluxe Supreme from 2021. I'm sharing photos of this pterosaur along with counterparts from Collecta ( dimorphodon, cauiajara, also the pteranodon from Collecta 2021), microraptor from Collecta and PNSO, dimorphodon Rebor and the tapejara from a Chinese company.

Shonisaurus

Finally I pass photos of the herd of the group in different shots and positions.

For now I will not make any more purchases, and I hope that the DTF liked it.

Pliosaurking

Nice haul avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus
I only got the pteranodon so far but plan to get most of the others in the future

postsaurischian

ceratopsian

A good haul, and some good comparison shots.

Shonisaurus

@pliosaur Thanks pliosaur, if you can afford the luxury I recommend all the novelties of Collecta 2022 are very well finished figures, the sculpture is of a high quality figure and at affordable prices.

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian I hadn't noticed, honestly I've made an "improvised edmontosaurus diorama" without realizing it.

avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Thank you for your words, I have many dinosaurs in my collection, thousands and many brands of old and especially modern toys, and that is only part of my collection.

Halichoeres

CollectA had a pretty decent batch this year! I skipped the Spino myself, but it's a solid exemplar.

I'm glad the Pteranodon sternbergi is smaller than the P. longiceps was! A much more reasonable size in my opinion.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Of course the new Collecta figures are good and for me exceptional. Collecta's pteranodon is extraordinarily beautiful in science, sculpture and painting touches and the size is not too big, not too small. On the other hand, the spinosaurus is honestly a pretty cool figure and it is large and bulky, although it is a slim figure it is somewhat narrow. I'm glad you like the size of Collecta's pteranodon, but it's not too small but it's not big either, the size is more than acceptable.

Concavenator

Nice catchs, congrats! And yeah, CollectA did a great job this year. My favorites are the Edmontosaurus and the Geosternbergia (and it's a good thing in my book that CollectA decided to downsize their pterosaurs, the previous ones are huge!)

Shonisaurus

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Do you already have them in your collection? Honestly, in this lot that I bought, the best ones are the Edmontosaurus and the Geosternbergia. Highly recommended, in my case the weakest of the group is curiously the paraceratherium.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: