News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Godzilla Thread

Started by Takama, August 02, 2012, 12:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

Hopefully next movie...more Big G!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: docronnie on June 18, 2014, 01:38:15 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 18, 2014, 12:15:37 PM
Quote from: docronnie on June 18, 2014, 08:37:39 AM
Sad to say,  I fell asleep.
Too boring, or were you too tired? >:D

Maybe both, because I got tired of waiting for Godzilla to appear.  The cockroaches, I believe had more screen time.  The title says Godzilla, so I was very anxious to see the main character. 

Maybe I'll ask my friend to lend me his other Godzilla movies.
I've noticed that is a common complaint. Gojira basically plays second fiddle to the Mutos and the humans. Makes me wish Toho would go back to making their own Godzilla films. Why can't the franchise return to the people who created him the best?

Patrx

John Conway and Tetrapod Zoology's Darren Naish recently covered Godzilla on their "Tetrapodcats" podcast. I'll have to agree with John on this one - although they're both awful, Godzilla 2014 is significantly less enjoyable than Godzilla 1998.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Patrx on June 18, 2014, 03:17:18 PM
John Conway and Tetrapod Zoology's Darren Naish recently covered Godzilla on their "Tetrapodcats" podcast. I'll have to agree with John on this one - although they're both awful, Godzilla 2014 is significantly less enjoyable than Godzilla 1998.
So Conway didn't like it?

Gwangi

Conway didn't like it, he actually prefers the 1998 version. The reverse is true for Naish but both Conway and Naish seemed to agree on the 2014 films strong points and weak points. It's worth checking out. They talk about the original film, the 1998 and the 2014 films.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 18, 2014, 02:59:19 PM
Quote from: docronnie on June 18, 2014, 01:38:15 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 18, 2014, 12:15:37 PM
Quote from: docronnie on June 18, 2014, 08:37:39 AM
Sad to say,  I fell asleep.
Too boring, or were you too tired? >:D

Maybe both, because I got tired of waiting for Godzilla to appear.  The cockroaches, I believe had more screen time.  The title says Godzilla, so I was very anxious to see the main character. 

Maybe I'll ask my friend to lend me his other Godzilla movies.
I've noticed that is a common complaint. Gojira basically plays second fiddle to the Mutos and the humans. Makes me wish Toho would go back to making their own Godzilla films. Why can't the franchise return to the people who created him the best?

I think the hiatus TOHO is on should be ending soon..so a new film is possible. I had heard he was losing a bit of a fanbase in Japan though and they weren't making as much money.  These films are pretty cheap in the first place by U.S. standards.

sauroid

my old uncle fell asleep while watching the movie (even during Gojira moments) :D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

I've never had my parents or anyone else fall asleep during cinema trips. Not even (back in back in 1998) when I, a Pokemon obsessed seven year old, dragged my dad (kicking and screaming I might add >:D) to watch Pokemon: The First Movie. My dad is like the laziest guy you can imagine, to boot.

sauroid

old folks fall asleep even during exciting shows LOL
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gwangi

Quote from: sauroid on June 19, 2014, 03:41:55 AM
old folks fall asleep even during exciting shows LOL

I do all the time but I've never fallen asleep in a movie theater...almost though, a couple times.

SpartanSquat

The sequel is in the works! Also its confirmed that mothra, rodan and ghidorah will be in the sequel!
I hope mothra and rodan will be accidental allies like in Heisei era.
OffTopic: King Kong prequel named Skull Island its set to be release november 4, 2016

stargatedalek

they may not all be in the same movie tho, it could that there are several sequels planned

tyrantqueen

Quote from: RolandEden on July 27, 2014, 03:06:14 PM
The sequel is in the works! Also its confirmed that mothra, rodan and ghidorah will be in the sequel!
I hope mothra and rodan will be accidental allies like in Heisei era.
OffTopic: King Kong prequel named Skull Island its set to be release november 4, 2016
Where did you hear that? Sounds interesting.

Gwangi

It appears to be news coming out of SDCC.
http://news.moviefone.com/2014/07/26/godzilla-2-crimson-peak-skull-island-facts/

I didn't know a new "King Kong" movie was in the works. That's exciting. I really loved the world they created on Skull Island in the Peter Jackson movie and would love to see more of it.

CityRaptor

It could also be based on DeVito's King of Skull Island.
http://www.kongskullisland.com/
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Paleogene Pals

Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah, cool! I wonder how they will get worked into this more "realistic" take.

Blade-of-the-Moon

hope they get Anguirus in one eventually.

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 28, 2014, 02:47:52 AM
hope they get Anguirus in one eventually.
I read rumors that 4 years ago when Legendary get the rights for Godzilla,  they bought 6 more monster rtights: Rodan, Ghidorah, Mothra and Anguirus. I didnt believe it, but the first 4 were confirmed. Anguirus will be in the final movie?

CityRaptor

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 28, 2014, 02:33:33 AM
Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah, cool! I wonder how they will get worked into this more "realistic" take.

Maybe how Matt Frank drew him for Godzilla Neo.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

That is a great looking Anguirus. Would love to see him in a movie.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: