News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Godzilla Thread

Started by Takama, August 02, 2012, 12:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earth108

Quote from: Takama on January 06, 2016, 05:17:49 AM
Anyone seen the New Suits for the 2016 Toho Godzilla movie?

In my honest opinion. It looks like Godzilla came from the bowls of Hell.

:o Wow. It looks like the design is based on 1954 suit then simmered for about 60 years in a nuke pot.
Love this badass anyway. :)

CityRaptor

Definately based on the 1954 design.

One more pic:

The directors promised a scary looking Godzilla. I say that will do.

He looks like a burn victim, burned  ( and mutated ) by radioactivity. There are rumors that this is also not his final form and his healing factor will kick in during the movie.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've read he will have three forms in the film.

This zombie-zilla is pretty crazy..I guess after Attack on Titan they had to do something pretty drastic to be attention-getting.

Viking Spawn

Oh really?!  So I wonder if his final form will look similar to the 54 original then? 

For now, he looks like he crawled out of Hell!  The rib cage look reminds me of ALIEN as well!

CityRaptor

Ironically IDW had a comic series last year where he actually crawled out of hell.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 06, 2016, 08:42:21 AM
I've read he will have three forms in the film.

This zombie-zilla is pretty crazy..I guess after Attack on Titan they had to do something pretty drastic to be attention-getting.

Ironically the male and female leads in the new Godzilla also had roles in that movie. Same for one of the co-directors. 
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would guess he could look like 54' or maybe a more advanced version..a sort of blend with 54' and the newer godzilla's.  My guess is he's healing from the Oxygen Destroyer.

It's a pretty popular series I hear, so I'm not surprised it has had some influence.

Shadowknight1

Aaaaand this is what you get when one of your directors created Neon Genesis Evangelion.  That Godzilla is definitely villain material, unlike the Legendary Goji who manages to be monstrous, but you also feel you can root for him while he's in your city wrecking your stuff.

And no, I'm not saying that's a bad thing at all.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Derek.McManus

Sadly I was underwhelmed by the latest movie but some of the upcoming projects look interesting!

Dilopho

So I got a new Anguirus figure today (and 2 free candies from the seller, yum) but I got some mud on him...

CityRaptor

Oh no

Patrx

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 13, 2016, 11:02:42 PM
Shin Gojira Trailer is out!

Whoo! It already looks better than Godzilla '14! Even though I still don't like the new hyper-evil look for the big guy.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 13, 2016, 11:02:42 PM
Shin Gojira Trailer is out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRIwlEBjuw&app=desktop

How interesting.  Looks better on film than in stills.  Is it just me, or does the trailer give you a vibe that this will actually be more of a horror/disaster film?  Which I'm hoping for so the Big G can be taken seriously again!
G14 was okay, but the film was average at best.

Takama

While i will agree that this looks decent.   I think they should not have used the classic more common Godzilla Roar for this incarnation.

I think either the 2014,  first 1950s, and 1985 roars would be better suited for this new form.   

Blade-of-the-Moon

Design-wise the eyes still bug me a bit, they don't move or focus really..just seem static.  The uber-long tail is also odd.   I get the feeling this was based on the puppet version of 54' :

Gwangi

Overall I find the design interesting but that tail length is a bit ridiculous.

Takama

Is it bad that i look at my Stretch marks and think i look like this?

Derek.McManus

:)I really want to see this movie...Godzilla looks awesome and it's nice to see the Japanese Defence forces showcasing their hardware!

Jose S.M.

I love the "Godzilla" parts in the 2014 film, but the human plot was bland, the design in the 2016 movie looks good, but I agree about the eyes and the lenght of the tail, it is like 2 or 3 times the body size.

CityRaptor

Well, that is one problem I had with the movie. Not enough Godzilla. It is also often dark. ( As in can't see ) And the human part should have probably focused less on these people:

and more on those people:
Oh no

Gwangi

The biggest mistake the new Godzilla film made was killing off Bryan Cranston. I don't mind spending time with human characters if they're well written and well acted but most of the characters were boring.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: