News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Godzilla Thread

Started by Takama, August 02, 2012, 12:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

Yeah, fast and aggressive, that is how it should be instead of the slow, plodding men in suits.  A fight between this Anguirus and Big G would be epic.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hopefully he gets in there one way or the other..he's my 2nd favorite monster after Godzilla himself.  Anguirus was the first monster Godzilla fought and the only one to end up being his " friend ".

Paleogene Pals

Godzilla's "friends"-merely a list of monsters he decided not to destroy. Anguirus is one of my favorites too.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 29, 2014, 03:10:50 AM
Godzilla's "friends"-merely a list of monsters he decided not to destroy. Anguirus is one of my favorites too.
Lol, true. But what about Godzilla Junior? He seemed to care for him.

Paleogene Pals

I don't think Godzilla really cared for G. jr., more like felt sorry for him and took him in. Similar to how Batman really views Robin or how the Superfriends viewed Gleek, Marvin, and Wendy.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 29, 2014, 01:12:13 PM
I don't think Godzilla really cared for G. jr., more like felt sorry for him and took him in. Similar to how Batman really views Robin or how the Superfriends viewed Gleek, Marvin, and Wendy.
Not meaning to sound rude, but have you read the comics? Did you see how he reacted when the Joker killed the second Robin? Or how about when he beat the snot out of Lex Luthor (and nearly killed him) for trying to stop Nightwing's heart? All three Robins became like surrogate sons to him over the years. Their relationships might have become strained at times but I'm pretty convinced he cared about them :)

If you take someone in as your ward/adopted child, of course you'll end up becoming attached to them (unless you're a cold hearted scumbag) >:D

Watching this video, it's pretty hard not to think Godzilla had some affection for Junior. Plus, Junior is so cute :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x96CJ7W0DR4

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 29, 2014, 03:10:50 AM

That's true for most of them, Mothra, Rodan, ect... but Anguirus/Angilas became his buddy. They fought together side by side, Angilas even goes to get Godzilla.  After Mechagodzilla beat him up Godzilla went to trash MechG for his friend...revenge! 

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have to side with TQ here.  G-Jr. was Godzilla's son..( if Godzillasauruses reproduce by dropping an egg in a pterosaur's nest and letting them raise it , any Godzillasaurus would become a parent once the little one was hatched. ) more than that he was the only other of his kind in the world. You can tell Godzilla not only felt for him but that was the intent.  The whole film sets up more emotional turmoil than any G film before and keeps heaping it on..his screams of agony throughout the film as he was dieing was nothing compared to his reaction to losing Jr.  When he attacked the last time it was a creature with nothing left to lose purely seeking retribution for all this torment , his fate and a parent who had lost.  Destroyer/Destroyah however powerful, was nothing compared to that.   It's one of the best films and not one I can watch often..it brings tears to my eyes.

Paleogene Pals

Intriguing, I will have to explore this concept of emotional attachment. I work with rocks all day long, pretty soon you think like rock. Maybe this why none of my pets ever do so well.

CityRaptor

Finally having seen the new Godzilla, I think the movie wasn't bad, but had some flaws. Far better than Emmerich's, even if some scenes remind me of it.  But it needs more of the titular monster and less human drama. ( Some japanese Godzilla movies have that issue aswell ).  Also far less scenes set in pitchblack darkness. Seriously! Letting Godzilla fight monsters with EMP Powers during the night was not a good idea. Atleast give them some bioluminescence or set the city on fire if you are going to do that...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

CityRaptor

Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's about time after the hiatus. I think they used the new American Godzilla to test the waters..now with it's popularity they are ready to jump back on the Godzilla train.

Gwangi

Well it's about darn time!  ^-^

Takama

so we are going to have two Godzilla Series? one from Legendary, and one from Toho?

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on December 08, 2014, 07:01:19 PM
so we are going to have two Godzilla Series? one from Legendary, and one from Toho?

That is correct, and that's fine by me.

CityRaptor

I wonder if they will do a crossover at one point.
Oh no

spinosaurus1

i already have a neca godzilla 2014, bandi godzilla final wars figure, and bamdi anguris final wars figure. i'm planing on getting the new neca godzilla 2014 24 inch figure along with the godzilla 1994 figure. by the way, i'm a huge godzilla fan

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow! Thrilled there'll finally be a new Toho Godzilla! So including this year's, that means we'll have a new Godzilla movie every two years -- 2014, 2016 and 2018!

Looks like Japan has gotten in more of just the holiday spirit at this Tokyo mall...

Takama

Anyone seen the New Suits for the 2016 Toho Godzilla movie?

In my honest opinion. It looks like Godzilla came from the bowls of Hell.

Viking Spawn

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: