News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeapingLaelaps

OFFICIAL KICKSTARTER HERE!

PRE-ORDER STORE HERE!

Raptor Series Thread
David Silva's Website & Store
Imgur album of all the Ceratopsian color plans

Pictures of all the upcoming figurines on Minizoo.com
Google document with information for the Ceratopsian Series (made by yours truly)
Creative Beast Studio on Facebook (the best place for new updates on David Silva's various projects, including the Ceratopsians!)

In 2016, David Silva posted his very first Kickstarter for a new highly articulated, high-quality action figure series called the "Beasts of the Mesozoic: Raptor Series". The original plan was to make only five figures, but with the help of the Kickstarter and Backerkit supporters it evolved into a line of seventeen large figurines, three sets of nestlings, and four accessory packs (plus some other merchandise including post cards and calendars). With the incredible success of the raptor line, David is beginning work on his second kickstarter:

CERATOPSIANS!

The Ceratopsian kickstarter is going to be a massive project, and although it was originally going to be separated into two different Kickstarter projects (one for Centrosaurines and one for Chasmosaurines) David has since decided to combine Ceratopsians from both groups into one Kickstarter, along with a few other groups (Protoceritopsidae, Psittacosauridae, etc.)

While the raptor figurines were in 1/6th scale, the majority of the Ceratopsian figurines are going to be 1/18th scale to help with costs and make them more accessible to people, with a few of the smaller ones being 1/6th scale to go with the raptors.

Kickstarter Species:

THE STARTERS (Estimated Delivery: November 23rd, 2020)

1/18th scale Zuniceratops christopheri
1/18th scale Monoclonius crassus (Kickstarter Exclusive)
1/18th scale Triceratops horridus (Sub-adult)
1/18th scale Styracosaurus albertensis

WAVE ONE (Estimated Delivery: November 23rd, 2020)

1/18th scale Chasmosaurus belli - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Diabloceratops eatoni - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Nasutoceratops titusi - UNLOCKED!
1/6th scale Protoceratops andrewsi - UNLOCKED!
1/6th scale Psittacosaurus mongoliensis - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Medusaceratops lokii - UNLOCKED!

WAVE TWO (Estimated Delivery: April 2021)

1/18th scale Einiosaurus procurvicornis - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Avaceratops lammersi - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Kosmoceratops richardsoni - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Spiclypeus shipporum - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Regaliceratops peterhewsi - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Wendiceratops pinhornensis - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Centrosaurus apertus - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai - UNLOCKED!

WAVE THREE (Estimated Delivery: September 2021)

1/18th scale Xenoceratops formostensis - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Albertaceratops nesmoi - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Sinoceratops zhuchengensis - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Utahceratops gettyi - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Pentaceratops sternbergii - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Triceratops horridus (Adult) - UNLOCKED!
1/18th scale Torosaurus latus - UNLOCKED!

IrritatorRaji

Nice to see a separate thread for the Ceratopsian figures, the other thread was getting a bit messy

Moodyraptor

I am actually worried about how awesome these are going to be, because this guy could bankrupt me  ;D

stegosauria

It will be much easier to find the links for the ceratopsian line. Thanks for collecting all the links and creating the thread!

ZoPteryx

Thanks for starting this thread, LeapingLaelaps!  Just glancing at that spreadsheet has me excited and my wallet panicking!

IrritatorRaji

Not sure if anyone asked for or wanted this but I'm just gonna dump all the Ceratopsian pictures here so they're easier to find and anyone who maybe hasn't seen any of these won't have to find them by trawling through the other thread or Creative Beasts FB.

There are a lot of images, so I hope no one mind that I'm putting it under a spoiler tag

Spoiler

[close]

LeapingLaelaps

Another shot of the Xenoceratops from his Tumblr!
I'm so unbelievably excited for these things, probably more-so than the raptors! I really need to start saving up money, I want to get all of these if possible

IrritatorRaji

Uggggh noooooo... it's pretty...!!

I told myself I wouldn't backrupt myself with anymore figures since the raptors put me £105 in the hole... looks like I'm going bankrupt again

Faelrin

It looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see the others get finished up (especially the Styracosaurus). I have a feeling I'm going to want a lot of these in the end. It's going to be tough picking them out.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

It's tempting now I see it painted.  But the sheer size will put a brake on too many purchases!

LeapingLaelaps

New color scheme from his Instagram, this time for Pachyrhinosaurus lakustai! This guy's color scheme is based off of the false red morph of a green iguana.

tyrantqueen

Does anyone know if there will be a "build a trike" set or something like similar to the raptor series?

MoarCrossovers

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 31, 2018, 06:53:16 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a "build a trike" set or something like similar to the raptor series?
I would hope so.

IrritatorRaji

tyrantqueen

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on May 31, 2018, 07:44:32 PM

I asked him, this was his response

Thank you. That doesn't fill me with hope, but it's better than an outright no, I suppose.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 31, 2018, 09:06:33 PM

Thank you. That doesn't fill me with hope, but it's better than an outright no, I suppose.

I suppose it's more of a "maybe". He did state in an interview once that he wants his figures to be big enough to have a shelf presence but small enough not to cost an arm and a leg, so I think his main concern is how affordable a kit like that would be.

Maybe he'll do it with the smaller Ceratopsians?

tanystropheus

The colors are good ...but there's a slight airbrush kind of look to it. I was hoping for something a bit more subdued with naturalistic blending. Hopefully, there are color variants.

DerbesSchuhwerk

A little bit Off Topic, sorry, but i couldn't overlook the photo in your signature, Tyrantqueen.
It looks like a very neat maquette. I like the colorscheme, it reminds me of a northern gannet.
What and by whom is it? Are there more photos?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DerbesSchuhwerk on June 01, 2018, 06:05:28 PM
A little bit Off Topic, sorry, but i couldn't overlook the photo in your signature, Tyrantqueen.
It looks like a very neat maquette. I like the colorscheme, it reminds me of a northern gannet.
What and by whom is it? Are there more photos?

It's a Shinzen Takeuchi Tyrannosaurus sculpt. I scanned it from my copy of his sculpting book.

Here's some better pics taken from his site.

Here's some more pics I scanned (scanner sucks so they're really grainy).

tanystropheus

Amazing. It almost looks cute with all that fluff.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: