News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The question game?

Started by DinoToyForum, August 08, 2012, 05:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Is it unreasonable for me to expect you to?

Sim

Why are troodontids so underrated when they're the best non-bird dinosaurs?

DinoToyForum

What makes you think they're they're better than, say, dromaeosaurids?

Sim

Good point, troodontids are the best dinosaurs along with dromaeosaurids, unenlagiids and corvids, why did you say "they're" twice? :D

Stegotyranno420

Why do you care about his grammatical mistakes ?

Sim

Gregory Paul has identified three different species in traditional Tyrannosaurus, why doesn't anyone dare to name the two unnamed ones?

Stegotyranno420

Why did you change the topic?
Edit:seriously? Can I have a link? I dont see anything in my usual place to find information

Sim

Heh, isn't this topic more interesting?

(avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Gregory Paul published it in his latest book, The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs Second Edition, here's a link to the thread that discusses it: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4634.0)

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Why does poor Tarbosaurus bataar suffer so?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Sim

Tarbosaurus has it pretty good, it has the brilliant PNSO figure, a movie, and it appeared in a documentary series; why do people believe in Ornithoscelida when among early dinosaurs it's uncertain if some are theropods or sauropodomorphs, suggesting a closer relationship between those two groups than either has to Ornithischia?

Palaeontologica

Isn't it true that some taxa, namely Chilesaurus, display both theropod and ornithischian traits, or am I misremembering?
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

Sim

Sauropodomorph traits too, if I'm remembering right?

Palaeontologica

Apparently so, as there's the extensible first digit and presumably some other characters, but how didn't I know about this?
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

Sim

Has anyone else besides me tried using the search function of this forum to see where a particular prehistoric animal has been mentioned?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

Sim

Why don't people talk about Sericipterus since it's a pterosaur whose teeth had cutting edges?

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: Sim on June 23, 2022, 02:01:24 PMWhy don't people talk about Sericipterus since it's a pterosaur whose teeth had cutting edges?

Because, in my case, I didn't know it until you mentionned it here! I actually learned something new here.

Why don't toy companies make peterodactyls anymore?

Stegotyranno420

why did you use the incorrect term pterodactyl(unless that lack of the -us at the end was another typo in addition to e between p and t)?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: