News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 14, 2020, 12:58:36 PM
You've really brought out the best in that sculpt! Nice work.

Yeah, looks great!

MLMjp

Good to see you were able to replace your Brachio avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin

Holy cow! That Baryonyx repaint is fire, avatar_Silvanusaurus @Silvanusaurus!

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on your acquisitions.

avatar_Silvanusaurus @Silvanusaurus The baryonyx is beautiful, it only shakes me what this mass-produced figure by Schleich would cost with this improved look.

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia On the other hand, Papo spinosaurus was my favorite theropod of that brand until the tyrannosaurus rex came running to my collections and has now been replaced by the limited version of Papo.

Primeval12

Big haul from Goodwill, Including my second Battat T. Rex (different pose than the one I have currently).

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 14, 2020, 12:22:42 AM
The latest addition to my Baryonyx collection...

The schleich figure but with dental treatment and extra paint detail.

Wow, good work. I held this Baryonyx in my Hands a couple of times now. But it never convinced me to buy it. I thought of the Idea, if people treat the teeth and Repaint their Schleich Figures. Now i'm Thinking.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Primeval12 @Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 How lucky you have acquired a Battat tyrannosaurus first version almost new. He is a highly coveted figure by many of us who are members of DTF. I'm glad for your acquisition.

Primeval12

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 16, 2020, 08:27:07 AM
avatar_Primeval12 @Cheesy Movie Productions/Primeval12 How lucky you have acquired a Battat tyrannosaurus first version almost new. He is a highly coveted figure by many of us who are members of DTF. I'm glad for your acquisition.

He's a little scuffed up actually... No big deal though. I still like him. I am gonna take him out for his first diorama today!

Martwad

Got some new additions today.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Today, the EoFauna Giganotosaurus and the Swimming Spinosaurus from CollectA came to me.

The Giga is just great. And that for 23 Euros. But i Knew that. The real surprise is the small Spino. It was 7,90 and i was overwhelmed by its Details. The Teeth are sculpted individually. Yes, the Paint Scheme is not that great, but the Paint was applied really good, for a Figure at around 9 Euros. I'll try to repaint it like the Papo Spino. So many new Things to do. Great.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs I'm glad for your new acquisitions, the Eofauna giganotosaurus and Collecta's Spinosaurus Swimming are obligatory figures for every toy figure collector. I congratulate you.

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on January 06, 2020, 03:14:12 PM
avatar_Tyto_Theropod @Tyto_Theropod avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  thank you! Yes, the Eofauna Atlasaurus is a wonder. I took a picture of mine and posted it on Eofauna's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/482134425160798/posts/4043012155739656/?d=n

In the comments section, you can see my pic.

Very eager to see upcoming figures from them! :D
I received this figure from a supplier by mistake, having ordered the Paleoloxodon instead. Any disappointment lasted for a fraction of a second. A stunning sculpt, an absolute gem. I've placed it as the centerpiece in my main  Mesozoic diorama.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 16, 2020, 08:27:07 AM
The moral, once again, is never give up on pounding the pavement to the local thrift shops. I've gotten 2 of the 4 Battat T-rex versions (incl. battat Terra) this way, not to mention other amazing finds, over the years.

paintingdinos

Old hat by now, but thanks again to member Loon for selling me the Papo Spino.

I'm pleasantly surprised by it. I know others were disappointed by the paint job but I honestly think its fine. Nothing ever looks as good as the master sample.

Plus its my biggest Spino. Dwarfs the Collecta!

Jose S.M.

I think the Spino is pretty impressive, it has a some differences in paintjob but looks great as a sculpt. I had my reasons to not be interested in it but I bet it catches the eye on a shelf!

Loon

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos glad to see you're happy with it!

Ikessauro

Great acquisiton. I too got mine recently, and it really is an imposing figure. I just wish Papo had taken better care of paint application, but considering what we usually get from most companies, it's pretty good.

Shonisaurus

avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos I congratulate you for your new limited edition spinosaurus of Papo 2019 sincerely that figure is out of the ordinary and received in his day for his new painting many criticisms, for my part unfair but sincerely it is better to have it physically than to see it in videos or in photographs. Reality is superior to virtual images. Sincerely with the PNSO is perhaps the best spinosaurus made so far in the toy market (I mean spinosaurus based on scientific data) although ... I understand that it will far exceed all spinosaurus their counterparts of Rebor.

Killekor

Congratulations for your new acquisition avatar_paintingdinos @paintingdinos ! The Papo Spinosaurus is a wonderful figure (which I luckily also have).

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Ikessauro

I am a quite happy fellow today! Finally got my Carnegie 1988 (Gold Wash???) Brachiosaurus and of course, my really sought after "catalog version" of the striped Carnegie Stegosaurus, which has pure white on it's plates. I am deeply thankful for the heads up D @Dinoguy2
Now I only need to get the Baby Apatosaurus and my 1988 set will be complete, not counting slightly variations of paint app.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: