News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

Yeah the situation in Germany is really bad in that regard, I miss the times when we had Carnegie's over here :'D
Though I am glad that Müller often has some Papo at least (and even some rather new ones at that)

Halzk

Quote from: Roselaar on August 04, 2020, 07:55:48 PM
Very happy to see Mattel is pushing Camp Cretaceous stuff vigorously worldwide
Same, I have no problem finding them where I live

Kapitaenosavrvs

It is exactly, as you said. If I ask other People, they always see Schleich as the top notch Brand in Animalfigures. This is not supposed as Schleich bashing, but it is such a big monopoly here.

As far as i Know, Dinopark Münchehagen got a few Papos, CollectAs and Safaris in their Shop?

Quoteretailers don´t seem to be brave or creative enough to give other brands a chance.

This. Since Parents are the main Power in the Market, they rely on Schleich. Was there in their Childhood, is there now. Qualitywise they have good stuff i guess. Collectors are a minority. So it is okay, i guess. Also, Children that love Dinosaurs would love other Brands aswell i think. Realism is a thing. Or/and, they just don't know, because Schleich is aggressivly distributing in Germany and has a lot of contracts with bigger Stores.

Brontozaurus

Two horny boys arrived today:

I realised on the weekend that my current collection didn't have a quality representation of my favourite dinosaur, and the BotM Triceratops isn't going to arrive until a while into the future, so I checked Minizoo and they had the Safari one back in stock. So I picked it up and threw in the Styracosaurus for the hell of it. They're both quite lovely.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Libraraptor

SidB

It's very hard to resist getting Doug Watson's entire ceratopsian collection, which displays so well together as well as being individually splendid. Hopefully we'll get at least one new one for 2021, after 2020's absence.

ceratopsian

Not merely hard but surely impossible to resist!  And yes, I would like a new one to add to the herd too.

Quote from: SidB on August 06, 2020, 12:29:48 PM
It's very hard to resist getting Doug Watson's entire ceratopsian collection, which displays so well together as well as being individually splendid. Hopefully we'll get at least one new one for 2021, after 2020's absence.

Jose S.M.

Doug's ceratopsids are amazing, I hope we have one coming for next year, I know they are well represented in general but Safari still has good options there

Kapitaenosavrvs

Congrats on the Ceratopsians, avatar_Brontozaurus @Brontozaurus! Still haven't one of them at home. What a shame, they are beautiful.

Since i do not need to buy Food in my Situation right now, i ordered 3 Things from the always great Urzeitshop.de (Thanks for delivering to the Clinic!)

I always wanted this fine Velociraptor Pin for one of my Vests. It is expensive and small, but it is beautiful and i love it.
Also, i got the small Tylosaurus from Safari, which was sold seperately for a low Price. I will repaint it and build a small Dioramabase for it. For the size, it is really detailed.
Moreover i finally got Dougs brilliant feathered T. rex. I guess theres no need for explaining. It is even more beautiful and detailed in Hand. I was overwhelmed.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 06, 2020, 08:45:12 AM
Horny boys... :)) All right :o
;) >:D
But seriously ceratopisans are awesome, especially Doug's

brontosauruschuck

I got the one on the right in the mail today. So, do we is this a repaint or is the one on the left experiencing a lot of sun bleaching?

Dean Nonychus

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 06, 2020, 08:45:12 AM
Horny boys... :)) All right :o

I don't know if anyone else here watches Bob's Burgers but I read this in Linda's voice  :))
Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur

Halzk

Got the Snap Squad Toro, Papo Pentaceratops and the beautiful Rebor Titanoboa!

SidB

Those were worth waiting for!

Halzk

I'm in love with this Titanoboa. So glad I picked it up on everythingdinosaur, they did a fantastic on their part, as always.

Ikessauro

My most recent haul.  It includes Eofauna's Giganotosauraus and Deinotherium...
Safari Ltd Alligator with babies, Red eared slider turtle, soft shelled turtle, Tennessee Aquarium Fire Salamander, Kaprosuchus and Dracorex. Also of course, the gem in the lot, the very rare Spotted (Catalog) Carnegie Tyrannosaurus, as D @Dinoguy2 usually refers to on his posts in the forum and website which is of great help as a guide to collecting Carnegies.
Two original Battats, the v2 Dilophosaurus I already had posted before, as well as the new copy of the V3 T.rex I manage to grab for cheap on eBay to replace my old one which was missing a finger. Also three Battat Terra models I was missing, Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus and Euoplocephalus.
Last but not least, a UHA Tarbosaurus?, I'm not sure since I'm not very familiar with this set.

A couple of close up shots of the CArnegie T.rex... I'm so happy to finally have it!  ;D ;D

Dinoguy2

Congrats on the Carnegie Rex! The condition looks fantastic!
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SidB

Now that's an impressive bounty! Well done.

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

avatar_Halzk @Halzk My congratulations on your new acquisitions, both the Papo pentaceratops and Rebor's titanoboa, they are incredibly fabulous.

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro On the other hand I am happy for your new acquisitions. These will add to your immense collection of prehistoric animals, surely one of the best in the world like that of many DTF members.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: