News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia and avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Good acquisitions there. Some of those I hope to get in the coming year or so.

My mother and brother got all this stuff for me at our closest Walmart, which was shocking because of their typical abysmal lack of stock (and/or old stock).

Said empty shelves:

Now with the Spinosaurus, I had already ordered it on Target yesterday morning to ship to store later this week, so if anyone wants help with getting this one, let me know asap or I'll have it returned.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Fembrogon

I had a shopping trip of my own on Sunday, with some bittersweet results.

I wasn't planning on picking up the Sarcosuchus, but after seeing it in person and getting to try the gimmick, I kind of fell in love with it. It's stupidly fun for how simple it is. The Plesiosaurus is also pretty neat.
The Amber Collection figures were what I was really after. I'd been on the fence on the raptors, but Target was/is listing Echo and Delta on sale at essentially two-for-one price, which was a deal hard to pass up. Sadly, upon returning home with the two raptors and the splendid-looking Pteranodon, I discovered that all three figures had a defect of some kind: Delta's bottom teeth were unpainted, Echo's jaw was detached on one hinge, and the Pteranodon's mouth couldn't even close because of how loose the joint was. I went back today to exchange/return the three; only Delta was still in stock, so I had to reorder the Pteranodon online (Echo, apparently, is not eligible for shipping to my store or address  >:(. Fine, whatever).
On the plus side, I did see the Spino was in stock, so hopefully it and the Ptero will be in before the weekend, and I can cancel my pricier Entertainment Earth order.
...And I'm still digging the Sarco and Plesio, so it wasn't a total loss!  ^-^

Congratulations to everyone else on your great hauls. I still have that (Eng ver) book in storage somewhere, avatar_Halzk @Halzk; it was definitely a favorite of mine as a kid, and those DK models were a mainstay in my childhood paleo-imagery.
avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia where'd you find that dude? The Archelon seems pretty rare these days when I look for it.
Be careful, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin - I can now speak from experience that those vintage figures become addictive!

Duna

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin that's a lucky day! Very nice of your family to picking those. I couldn't wait to put the sheets on the bed. :)

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congrats (and little sorry) about your new adquisitions, those Amber figures look terrific. In a few days you will get the exchanged figures again and everything will be as it should :D

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 27, 2021, 07:37:26 PM
avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia where'd you find that dude? The Archelon seems pretty rare these days when I look for it.
I got it off eBay. There are a few on there now, albeit a bit pricey. The cheapest one is about $35 including shipping; that's about what I paid for mine.

Fembrogon

Well, that was fast!

My new Pteranodon's jaw closes slightly askew, but it does close. Overall, the articulation could use improvement; but it's sculpted and painted very nicely. It's a good figure.
Of course, all of my attention is now on Spinosaurus. At LONG LAST, I have a Spino! I was very frustrated with the handling on the first Legacy release, and I never caught a glimpse of the Battle Damage variant; so it feels vindicating to finally obtain one, and possibly the best-looking one after all.

Posed with my exchanged Delta from yesterday. Delta has a few paint scuffs, but since I paid about $10 tops for her I'm not about to complain.

The complete weekend haul united:

And fooling around a bit:

ITdactyl

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 28, 2021, 07:12:54 PM

Are they starting a band or something? ;D

I also like that "fooling around" shot.

Faelrin

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congrats on your haul there. Glad the figures with the issues were able to be exchanged.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DragonRider02

After dinosaurless three months, I finally have something new to show.
Out of all three figures I think I am most impressed by CollectA Lisowicia. That thing is absolutelly massive and heavy! Seriously, you could probably use it as a pretty effective weapon. The colors and overall shape remind me of potato (very appriopriate for animal discovered in Poland!) so I decided to name my Lisowicia after that vegetable.
The PNSO Microraptor and Eofauna Triceratops are both very impressive as well. The Micro has one of the most spectacular paintjobs I have seen on a dino figure!

Halichoeres

It's the best potato on my shelf.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 Congratulations!! Those 3 are wonderful choices.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats to all you lovely people on your new Ceratopsian friends.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Libraraptor

Shonisaurus

I miss a lot of the party, I am preparing for examinations and apart from that I have become addicted to reading books,

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 My congratulations to all beautiful figures.

I just bought the fantastic version of the tyrannosaurus rex in the Natural Sciences Museum Shop today, it has a jointed jaw (something I don't like in Safari) but it's a pretty cool figure but a little small for me. Anyway, the figure is exceptional.

Here are a few pictures along with the armored triceratops model (fantastic) and with other figures like the PNSO sauropelta (magnificent figure) with that last figure "I threw in the towel" in regards to the PNSO dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and now more with customs restrictions and I have other photographs along with Schleich's ceratosaurus, a very pretty figure but honestly I like the PNSO ceratosaurus nicknamed Nick better, what happens is that I don't have space and time for said figure.

I was thinking of buying the armored tyrannosaurus or rather fantastic tyrannosaurus tomorrow, May 3, since the museum was closed, when walking down the street I realized that a museum that is in Martínez Campos, Sorolla Museum was open, neither short nor lazy I called The Store and indeed today they were open, I thought at first that the Store would be closed because it was May 2, a festival of the Community of Madrid but fortunately I had been wrong, I could have bought that figure more than 25 days ago, but I preferred to wait to keep that figure reserved for me since I have become passionate about saving, I like dinosaurs like eating but there is also life beyond dinosaurs. I will send you many photos of my collection that yes, scientific and specified explanations of said products (sculptor, company) you cannot wait in my case, I do not have the intellectual capacity of many DTF members who also take photographs, scientific comments and criticisms of the figures and their unmatched brands I am simply a "geek" a collector.

More photographs in Shonisaurus collection,

Enjoy the photographs.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/vm2Hjq1

Libraraptor

Nice finds everyone!  I went for some damaged Starlux figures.  Did not mind their broken legs,  tails or tongues.  If any German member is interested in the doubles,  please ask.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats on your armoured T. rex avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus it looks like a medieval version of Dino Riders to me
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx Yes, it also reminds me of the cartoon series Dino Riders, although it also reminds me of the television series Dinotopia that I have in my audiovisual library.

Eocarcharia

Congratulations to avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon, and everyone else on their great new additions.

I too have received my Wave 2 Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsians.

It has been a busy couple of weeks for my collection.

EmperorDinobot

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia neat! What are the ornithopod and what I assume is an Eryops on the bottom left from?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 03, 2021, 05:29:24 PM
avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia neat! What are the ornithopod and what I assume is an Eryops on the bottom left from?
The bottom left is not an Ornithopod. It is the PNSO mini Tianyulong

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 03, 2021, 03:07:13 AM
Congrats on your armoured T. rex avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus it looks like a medieval version of Dino Riders to me
So true. I believe it would had sold better if it was actually dinoriders-ish

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: