News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Congrats everyone on your recent acquisitions, especially avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. for the beautiful Favorite therapods.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Roselaar

Finally got myself some JW Spinosaurs. Lovely figure!

BrontoScorpio

What are you going to do with 3 copies of the same item ?

Roselaar

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on November 14, 2018, 03:43:16 PM
What are you going to do with 3 copies of the same item ?

One to keep for myself MIB, one to play with and one to trade with a US collector for some local goodies. So yeah, I cheated, only two of these are for me.

CityRaptor

Jurassic World Mini Action Dino Suchomimus
Invicta Painted Muttaburasaurus
Mini Block Triceratops ( the purchase of that one was inspired by Nanoblock reviews on the DTB, combines with five others to form a Ceratosaurus, although I don't think i'll keep it. )

A mysterious trio of Dinosaur Eggs, complete with removable babies, made by a company named Cog

Any infos on these?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Wow, good job finding a painted Invicta Mutty! That figure is not easy to come by...

Flaffy

Found these gems in a local toy shop, a pity that they didn't know their value and shoved the battats in with other cheap chinasaurs, resulting in paint scuffs here and there. Fortunately I got a very good deal for them.
Considering selling (or trading) the extras. (not pictured: extra snow-shoe rex,warped legs; maiasaura)

postsaurischian

Quote from: Doug Watson on November 10, 2018, 08:40:54 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 10, 2018, 08:30:36 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on November 10, 2018, 08:10:14 PM
Hey avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek who makes that Penguin in the background. At first I thought it was my IC Humboldt but the neck is too short and it looks like the head and legs are articulated. As for Tamamo well we sure didn't have toys like her when I was a kid, whew!
That is the Kaiyodo Sofubi Toybox Humboldt penguin, the head, legs, and wings are articulated. I hadn't known about that IC Humboldt, it looks lovely! They're going to make a great pair.

I'd considered putting Tamamo under a spoiler but somehow that made it feel even stranger. I like her a lot and she's a favorite character, but for scale if I'd had another human in the same scale I would have used them.

You may have a hard time finding one, for some reason Safari Ltd discontinued it a while back. I was really disappointed since I think it was one of the best pieces I ever did. I guess no one else thought so.

I have it. It's a wonderful figure. Its cancellation to me is incomprehensible.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I congratulate you on this beautiful and valuable acquisition of Battat and the most important and interesting thing that came out cheaper than you thought. The tyrannosaurus rex snowshoeing is a very pretty piece, and the same can be said of triceratops, maiasaura, edmontonia, maiasaura, gallimimus and the two versions of Battat's dilophosaurus. A real bargain! You are a very lucky person.

PhilSauria

Whenever I see someone getting hold of a Battat Triceratops I go as green as the Invica Baryonyx with envy. Gongrats on being in the right place at the right time and knowing what you were looking at!

Jose S.M.

In my case the envy comes from the Ouranosaurus, Maisaura, Edmontonia and Pachy. Those are the one I was more excited when the re release was announced and its sad they never got into the marked. Congrats on getting them!

BrontoScorpio

The 4 yellow Battas :
Are those Resins ? some kind of ruber prototypes ?

Flaffy

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on November 19, 2018, 01:07:31 PM
The 4 yellow Battas :
Are those Resins ? some kind of ruber prototypes ?
Unpainted production models. They're made of the same flexible plastic seen on the other battats. Other unpainted battats I've found are the Euoplocephalus, Parasaurolophus and Carnotaurus.
Unknown if they were from the original run back in the day, or recently produced for the Terra line (until they were... well... you know the story). Though I'm personally putting my money on them being from the original run since they were found together with the painted models.

Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 19, 2018, 12:51:23 PM
In my case the envy comes from the Ouranosaurus, Maisaura, Edmontonia and Pachy. Those are the one I was more excited when the re release was announced and its sad they never got into the marked. Congrats on getting them!
Thanks! I was most excited for those 4 being rereleased as well, especially the Ourano and edmontonia. Such a shame these wonderful sculpts have not been released again.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 19, 2018, 11:14:28 AM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I congratulate you on this beautiful and valuable acquisition of Battat and the most important and interesting thing that came out cheaper than you thought. The tyrannosaurus rex snowshoeing is a very pretty piece, and the same can be said of triceratops, maiasaura, edmontonia, maiasaura, gallimimus and the two versions of Battat's dilophosaurus. A real bargain! You are a very lucky person.
;D thank you, the original battat rex is quite the beauty indeed.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Flaffy on November 19, 2018, 09:59:35 AM
Found these gems in a local toy shop, a pity that they didn't know their value and shoved the battats in with other cheap chinasaurs, resulting in paint scuffs here and there. Fortunately I got a very good deal for them.
That is the mother of all finds. Incredibly impressive find.

I too wish that the Ouranosaurus, Maiasaura and Edmontonia had been re-released, but at least they exist in the first place.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Roselaar

Wow, that is a great find! Absolutely gorgeous figures! They look very good in monochrome I must say, brings out the detail even more.

stargatedalek

Mattel Jurassic World Attack Pack Stiggy.

Articulation seems a bit better than the wave 1 AP figures, I hope the Herrera and Wave 3's keep up this trend.

Mikoto is in a mood...

ceratopsian

Found these gems in a local toy shop, a pity that they didn't know their value and shoved the battats in with other cheap chinasaurs, resulting in paint scuffs here and there. Fortunately I got a very good deal for them. ....

That was some find!  Well done!

Roselaar

This just in. Sucks for me, because I have officially run out of space...  :P

Libraraptor

Considering selling (or trading) the extras. (not pictured: extra snow-shoe rex,warped legs; maiasaura)

:oWow congratulations!

PhilSauria

Quote from: Roselaar on November 21, 2018, 06:39:57 PM
This just in. Sucks for me, because I have officially run out of space...  :P

Ditto with the space issue!, though I ran out about a month or so ago. I have the really big rex and it is still in its box because there is no where to display it at the moment, but at least I have it (bought by way of compensation for the non-appearance of that Mosasaur over here). Soon I will be doing a collection audit and boxing off some of the older figures whose look has been eclipsed by the higher quality of more recent releases and purchases to make more space for such brands as Eofauna, PNSO, Papo, Safari, Collecta & Rebor. Also, my paleo collection battles for space with my growing extant fauna collection - and I have a lot of Elephants!, a couple of them somewhat on the large size.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: