News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Just a few items that came in last week:

^ I had a discount for Safari ltd's site that was expiring, so I put in a quick order for these four (honestly I threw in the shark ray for free shipping). Safari treated me with some more minis, too.
I must say, I really like how much texture Doug Watson's sculpts tend to have; it makes handling the figures much more enjoyable. Oh, and I still ended up surprised by how - ahem, mammoth - the Mastodon figure is. A most impressive figure, indeed!

^ My Vitae order from AliExpress arrived too. These are probably a bit overpriced, but they're still nice figures and I'm pleased to have them in my collection now.

ceratopsian

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon: nice haul.  I thought exactly the same as you regarding the Vitae figures.  A bit more expensive than they should have been, but I wouldn't be without them.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon I congratulate you on your new acquisitions. I recognize that dinosaurs Vitae are quite expensive for how small they are but in my case I could not do without them either. As far as I'm concerned, I'd prefer that I sell them at a more affordable price in an online store in Europe or America.

Dinosaurs and prehistoric Vitae animals, including PVC ones, are very expensive.

stargatedalek

Finally, some more dinosaurs! So much stuff lately but not many dinosaurs among them.

Beasts of the Mesozoic Saurornitholestes. I had to get Tamamo down off a shelf for scale (raptor is 1:6th, and she's 1:7th), but it will also make a great Utahraptor or Dakotaraptor stand-in for Figma's (give or take 1:13th). I love the roadrunner patterns, but it also has the advantage over some of the other BOTM raptors in being a bit more passable as generic gamebird patterns (probably most accurate reference).

I'm very impressed with the articulation and production quality on the raptor, though the base (not pictured) was a touch disappointing and is very finicky to balance the raptor on. perhaps I'll get one of those accessory packs, are the bases from those more reliable?

Are modern dinosaurs cheating?

Papo vulture, though only marketed as a generic vulture it's clearly based on a griffon vulture. The sculpt is incredible, though as usual for Papo the base coats of paint are blended wonderfully with the details being a bit less reliable (those claws...). Looks like Tsukihi has found someone to fight dinosaurs with.

Papo albatross, it's in a similar boat to the vulture but is almost certainly meant to be a black-browed albatross. The details on the head are not the best, it's just begging for a quick paint touch-up. I recommend anyone with a lot of flying birds or pterosaurs to display keeps an eye out for these clawed Figma bases, they work wonders.

Faelrin

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek Good to see you got one of those roadrunner raptors. Also pretty neat thing you've done with the vulture for one of your figures there.

And today I picked up my Battle Damage Gallimimus that I ordered on Walmart online the other day, and while shopping at Target with my nieces, I managed to spy a Legacy Gallimimus after like three times failing to find one now. It's paint apps along the back are a little mismatched, but nothing I can't live with (especially considering how hard this was for me to find so far). They also had the new Legacy Pteranodon but I'm not too interested in that one so I passed it up for now. So with these I'm now set on the Gallimimus figures I was after, and that's one more (film) species off my checklist for the 2018 Mattel Jurassic World things.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

Got some Wagner Margarine Figures:

#9 Ersthornsaurier, #10 Panzerlurch and #20 Kamsaurier, or should I say Protoceratops, possibly Mastodonsaurus and Dimetrodon?
Also got Schleich Wild Life 42277 Plants and feed set. Found it for just 2,99 Euros. The plants might be useful for dioramas, the box not so much. And then there is the butterfly...Nobody ever suspects the butterfly!

Found Jurassic World Herrerasaurus and Masie & Tyrannosaurus in the wild!

Ironically the clone was the only of her kind, while there was a dozen Owens or so.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

bilder hochladen forum

Just got myself this little DISGA Plesiosaurus.

Halichoeres

Cool! Where are you finding Disga figures?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 09, 2018, 03:04:58 AM

By accident.  I did not Search for one on purpose,  just strolled through eBay Germany.

Jose S.M.

I got this lovely theropod batch thanks to Brett. Baryonyx is one of the dinosaurs that I've been waiting ever since I started my collection so having one that's accurate makes me happy. This year has given me a lot of wished for dinosaurs: Camarasaurus, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus and Carnotaurus by Safari, this Bary , CollectA Borealopelta... and who knows what's to come.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 09, 2018, 07:25:49 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 09, 2018, 03:04:58 AM

By accident.  I did not Search for one on purpose,  just strolled through eBay Germany.

Wow! I've been looking for their little Teratosaurus for a while; maybe I should keep an eye on eBay Germany.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

MLMjp

These are my last Jurassic World acquisitions until Christmas.

AND THIS TIME IS FOR REAL.

Doug Watson

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 05, 2018, 08:18:34 PM
Finally, some more dinosaurs! So much stuff lately but not many dinosaurs among them.

Beasts of the Mesozoic Saurornitholestes. I had to get Tamamo down off a shelf for scale (raptor is 1:6th, and she's 1:7th), but it will also make a great Utahraptor or Dakotaraptor stand-in for Figma's (give or take 1:13th). I love the roadrunner patterns, but it also has the advantage over some of the other BOTM raptors in being a bit more passable as generic gamebird patterns (probably most accurate reference).

Hey avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek who makes that Penguin in the background. At first I thought it was my IC Humboldt but the neck is too short and it looks like the head and legs are articulated. As for Tamamo well we sure didn't have toys like her when I was a kid, whew!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Doug Watson on November 10, 2018, 08:10:14 PM
Hey avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek who makes that Penguin in the background. At first I thought it was my IC Humboldt but the neck is too short and it looks like the head and legs are articulated. As for Tamamo well we sure didn't have toys like her when I was a kid, whew!
That is the Kaiyodo Sofubi Toybox Humboldt penguin, the head, legs, and wings are articulated. I hadn't known about that IC Humboldt, it looks lovely! They're going to make a great pair.

I'd considered putting Tamamo under a spoiler but somehow that made it feel even stranger. I like her a lot and she's a favorite character, but for scale if I'd had another human in the same scale I would have used them.

Doug Watson

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 10, 2018, 08:30:36 PM
That is the Kaiyodo Sofubi Toybox Humboldt penguin, the head, legs, and wings are articulated. I hadn't known about that IC Humboldt, it looks lovely! They're going to make a great pair.

I'd considered putting Tamamo under a spoiler but somehow that made it feel even stranger. I like her a lot and she's a favorite character, but for scale if I'd had another human in the same scale I would have used them.

You may have a hard time finding one, for some reason Safari Ltd discontinued it a while back. I was really disappointed since I think it was one of the best pieces I ever did. I guess no one else thought so.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Doug Watson on November 10, 2018, 08:40:54 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 10, 2018, 08:30:36 PM

You may have a hard time finding one, for some reason Safari Ltd discontinued it a while back. I was really disappointed since I think it was one of the best pieces I ever did. I guess no one else thought so.
I just ordered one a few minutes ago, managed to find some being sold on Ebay from France for very good prices. Thanks so much for mentioning it, I'm very excited.

PhilSauria

Quote from: Jose S.M. on November 09, 2018, 01:50:08 PM
I got this lovely theropod batch thanks to Brett. Baryonyx is one of the dinosaurs that I've been waiting ever since I started my collection so having one that's accurate makes me happy. This year has given me a lot of wished for dinosaurs: Camarasaurus, Stegosaurus, Allosaurus and Carnotaurus by Safari, this Bary , CollectA Borealopelta... and who knows what's to come.

Great pic of these. Every time I see images of them I feel a pang of regret that I was not able to order them at the time due to cash-flow issues and may have gotten myself off-side with Brett after the cancellation of my initial request. Guess that's a bridge I've burnt so I just have to live with it, and without the Favorite Bary and Neo.

Sim

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria, I think Brett still has the Favorite Baryonyx and Neovenator available, based on Reply #1 here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=7387.0

If you'd still like to have the Favorite Baryonyx and Neovenator, why not speak to Brett about this?  You might be imagining things as worse than they actually are, and THAT ends up being the only thing stopping you from having something you'd like.  :)

PhilSauria

Thanks for the comment but I did get the impression that he was not amused, especially as the cancellation was only about a month later than another order I had to back out of for the same reason - unexpected lack of cash! (Who'd own a car? - necessary evil).

Shonisaurus

I really like this Quarto of theropods of Favorite but in my case the baryonyx has stability problems must be due to a factory defect. Anyway, Favorite's baryonyx is one of the best baryonyx made in the dinosaur toy market so far. The same can be said of the neovenator whose touch of paint is beautiful.

I congratulate Favorite for doing a tarbosaurus, a tyrannosaurus species that is not the tyrannosaurus rex and that is quite big, I am happy for that detail except the Favorite tarbosaurus and Rebor yutyrannus normally the toy dinosaur companies do not make large theropod figures from the tyrannosaurus rex family to a considerable size as I would like. Naturally the protagonist steals the tyrannosaurus rex aspect that I do not discuss but I would like other tyrannosaurus figures such as daspletosaurus, albertosaurus, gorgosaurus and alioramus for putting examples that compete in size with the emblematic and unique tyrannosaurus rex. I understand that they would be like I have repeated countless times very demanded figures almost like tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: