News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

I got these some weeks ago, but I finally took a picture. I can't be a completist on all Carnegie collection because of space, but I decided to get some figures that were a must for me since the first time I saw them. And then I decided to complete a bit more of the latest Carnegies (my bad because they are the most scarce and expensive, but that is my "fate" hehehe as I started late collecting).

This is my first bunch. I'll post individual pictures and opinions in my thread.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Duna @Duna some how you were able to get all of the very best Carnegies! Well done!

JimoAi

Nothing really prehistoric but worth to share IG

DragonRider02

With help of my aunt from UK I can finally remove my most wanted dinosaur figure from 'to buy' list!

Fembrogon

Congrats, avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02! The BotM ceratopsians always look awesome in photos. One of these days I need to get some for myself!

avatar_Duna @Duna, that is a GORGEOUS haul. Bravo on those acquisitions!

I like the snapping turtle, avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi!

Strepsodus

Today the second part of my Play Visions acquisition arrived today.

Platyhystrix

With Play Visions Crassigyrinus. Easily some of the rarest models in my collection.

BlueKrono

S @Strepsodus Congratulations on that Platyhystrix! Truly one of the most beautiful prehistoric figures ever made. 1990's Play Visions was next level.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

Patagotitan is here!

...With a few friends for the fun of it. I can't help being distracted by how BIG the Carnotaurus and especially the Hyaenodon are.

Strepsodus

I like the Patagotitan, I got it a few days ago because of the sale that was until the end of May.

Dusty Wren

Congrats on the Safari haul, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon. Yeah, the Hyaenodon is an absolute monster. I know H. gigas was a big predator, but the size just makes it feel oddly out of place with the rest of Safari's mammals. Still, the detailing (especially around the mouth and teeth) is top notch on that figure.

Also, I didn't know Safari had a wolverine! It looks great, I might have to pick it up.
Check out my customs thread!

Theriz

At the National Museum of Natural History I grabbed the Safari Kaprosuchus and Dimorphodon. Really like the Kaprosuchus, but the Dimorphodon surprised me with how much I like it.

paintingdinos

Quote from: Theriz on June 07, 2022, 04:43:11 PMAt the National Museum of Natural History I grabbed the Safari Kaprosuchus and Dimorphodon. Really like the Kaprosuchus, but the Dimorphodon surprised me with how much I like it.

Some very good picks! I really like the Kaprosuchus too, one of my favorite Safari models even if its not a dino :)

SidB

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 07, 2022, 12:14:56 AMPatagotitan is here!

...With a few friends for the fun of it. I can't help being distracted by how BIG the Carnotaurus and especially the Hyaenodon are.
Doug Watson doesn't do 'shrink wrapped!

Roselaar

Added a very long and graceful figure to the mix, the EoFauna Diplodocus. It's a beauty!

RobinGoodfellow

..some not-theropods  ;)  from Paleo Prints:

More infos  on my thread:  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg321969#msg321969

Regards
 :)

Carnoking

Nanmu Paras in the house! After a grueling wait, the new "Nutcracker Soldiers" have arrived.

Love the inclusion of the mini maquette with this one, and the bases are quite nice. The water running between the stones is a great touch!

I don't usually spring for variants right out of the gate, but since Parasaurolophus is one of my all-time favorite dinosaurs and both boast more or less screen accurate paint decos, it seemed like a reasonable exception. If I had to pick one though? I'd go with the green!

Die_Maulquappe

Finally my last wanted piece of Sideshow Dinosauria : Gastonia

https://youtu.be/-BMlR9i-oI4

And new really unique model is on the way from china :D
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

SidB

Well done, avatar_Die_Maulquappe @Die_Maulquappe , for your persistence in pursuing these magnificent pieces.

Faelrin

Here's a pic of my recent acquisitions/haul from the past week (the minis, ED Velociraptor, ED Coelurus, ED Allosaurus, Dsungaripterus, Wild Pop Up Dilophosaurus, Claire & Dilophosaurus, and Quetzalcoatlus) and some from earlier. It's all the Dominion stuff I have so far, minus some kinder egg figures, and the 3 Dr. Pepper cans I've tracked down so far (Dilophosaurus, Pyroraptor, and Atrociraptor).

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

PNSO's Fergus the Acrocanthosaurs has arrived! Loving this figure!

Spoiler

There's been a lot of great Acros over the year but I think this one takes the cake!

Also love pairing it with REBOR's Cerberus Clan! I think he looks better with them than Hercules himself!

[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: