News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Pliosaurking on September 27, 2022, 12:10:29 AMI have that ceratopsian kicking around somewhere...
The ride identified it as a Styracosaurus.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Eocarcharia on September 26, 2022, 11:03:23 PMThe Carnotaurus is from a set of dinosaur figurines sold in Dinoland U.S.A. at Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World. They're based on the Dinosaur ride there. The vehicle is a small replica of the 'time rover' ride vehicle. Though upon closer inspection, the one in avatar_Pachyrhinosaurus @Pachyrhinosaurus's post looks slightly different than the one I have.

I got an iguanodon and velociraptor in the lot with the carnotaur and they also look slightly different from those in the above image. I have an alioramus somewhere I found at a flea market, too. The carnotaurus was the one I was mostly interested in, though since it matches the animatronic seen on the ride pretty well, save for the large forearms.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

triceratops83

Bandai Tyrannosaurus skeleton. Just thought I'd share this, because it's worth getting if you're into plastic kits. I've lost patience with model kits over the years, even Tamiya irks me these days. I've got a few half finished tanks lying around somewhere. However, I've done a few of those little Bandai Star Wars sets and I've been quite impressed. They, like this Tyrannosaurus, just slot together firmly without the need for glue, which makes the whole process easier. I might just stick with Bandai from now on. Anyway, I recommend this kit.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SidB

I'm with you on the plastic model sentiment, avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 , having assembled over 200 or so in my life - planes, ships and miscellaneous. Just burned out - no more for me. But the snap together, easy assembly is attractive. Like your assembly job.

triceratops83

Thanks, S @SidB And yeah, I really can't praise Bandai enough. I think they did a Triceratops in this series as well. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for more kits from them.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

EmperorDinobot

Now I'm almost done with the Amber collection. I'm usually very critical of this line, but they have grown on me quite a lot.

ceratopsian

Yesterday my husband and I drove about 120 miles or so to the grounds of Prinknash Abbey to collect the lots I won last week when Anthony Beeson's wide-ranging art collection etc was auctioned. I came away with four lots (six paintings) of John Sibbick's work to add to the originals already in my collection. All are in need of reframing, but here's a taster....

I came away with other things too: two old watercolours of some Roman ruins to add to the prints and paintings of classical ruins that decorate some of my rooms; and an amazing lot of books about illuminated medieval manuscripts, including several facsimiles.

Thanks to avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur for the heads up that the auction was taking place!

Duna

Congrats avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian for that incredible piece of art. John Sibbick and Zdenek Burian are my favourite vintage paleoartists.  You should show all your pictures one day, I'm sure they are all incredible as this is.

ceratopsian

Thank you avatar_Duna @Duna.  I particularly liked this one of the group of hadrosaurs.  And yes, although his work is now old fashioned, I love Sibbick's artistry.  His work is always so detailed.  When I have them framed, I'll try to put something together.

Quote from: Duna on September 30, 2022, 03:23:47 PMCongrats avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian for that incredible piece of art. John Sibbick and Zdenek Burian are my favourite vintage paleoartists.  You should show all your pictures one day, I'm sure they are all incredible as this is.

Libraraptor

Wow avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian, those are beautiful acquisitions! John Sibbick has always been one of my favourite paleoartists. :)

EmperorDinobot

That is very impressive avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian. Truly an unique find.

Halichoeres

Wow, Sibbick originals! What an incredible piece of art history to own.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

Thanks everyone.  I feel very fortunate indeed and am so looking forward to seeing them in their new frames and on my walls.  On the back boards Anthony wrote quite a bit of information about when he bought the paintings and what they were created for.  I'll carefully keep all this information so it isn't lost when the old frames are jettisoned.

triceratops83

Wow, I can't wait to see the rest. Like so many others here, I grew up with John Sibbick art that influenced my view of prehistoric life.

Roselaar

Picked up a few new items from my local dino dealer, who much to my amazement has started selling PNSO. Very happy with this development!

Faelrin

Scored all these last night. Three were on sale (Grant was 50% off just about), and all cheaper then their online prices. Saved quite a bit, and to be honest I intended to pick up the Ceratosaurus and Triceratops last night. Instead caught up with a good bit on my wishlist as far as the Mattel stuff goes.

Also my cat Spaz (F, black and white), and my brother's cat Buddy (M, orange and white) were present as I took the pic of my haul below this morning.

Another before Spaz went off.

'
I'll have pics of the Target I popped into last night in the 2022 Jurassic World thread. It was so nice seeing how stocked it was.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roselaar

Some lovely stuff arrived today! First, some new JW figures:

Next, an assortment of Inpro and Quick WWD classics. Many thanks to avatar_Duna @Duna for these little gems!:

TooOldForDinosaurs

Wow! avatar_Roselaar @Roselaar very nice additions  :)

These are a couple figures I've recently picked up. Wanted to get these for quite some time but never got to it. I was blown away by the size of Papos Theri. I've seen many reviews on it but never realized what a hefty piece of plastic it is - I love it. Planned on customizing it but I think if I wanna go through with that I need a second one because I really like the original (despite being so stylized).

The more special one is the non dinosaur figure: the Safari TASC Great Crested Newt. On that note: if anybody owns any of the salamanders from that collection and would be willing to sell/ trade them, please hit me up :).

And lastly: 200th post - yay!

AcroSauroTaurus

A few additions this time, as opposed to my usual one or two.
Mattel Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus

Mattel Hammond Collection Ceratosaurus

Jurassic World Dominion Quilmesaurus

PNSO Borealopelta

PNSO Acrocanthosaurus

Jurassic World Dominion Genyodectes

Jurassic World Legacy Collection Sarah Harding and Stegosaurus

Jurassic World Dominion Megaraptor

Jurassic World Dominion Dreadnoughtus(taken at a friends place, since that's where I was at the time) I love how big this thing is, would've been bigger if they didn't make the torso shorter than it should be.

Jurassic World Dominion Liopleurodon
I am the Dinosaur King!

Primeval12

Rescued a vintage red rex from Goodwill today! It was covered in dirt as you can see so I cleaned it up. Now it's almost good as new save for a bit of mold. Hopefully I can get rid of that and have it in peak condition!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: