News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_crazy8wizard @crazy8wizard That Kaiyodo Ichthyostega is one of my favorite little figures in my whole collection. It's also a genus that I've loved since I was a kid, so I was super glad to find out there was a figure of one out there when I started collecting.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Still need to get my hands on that Utahraptor (and the Gorgosaurus, and uh many others). Glad to see you have it now on hand though. I also got my hands on that SDCC exclusive. I do like the little Dimorphodons included, and think the display setup is really nice (much like the Nedry from all those years ago). Wonderful tribute to the man who passed away last year.

After the hot mess I just went through the past few weeks, I must say I am very very glad Ramses arrived to me when he did. That timing could not have been better. Glad to see you got your hands on that one as well (unless you already posted and I clearly forgot from everything going on as of late).

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Glad to see you got your hands on it, and some of their other recent figures. Do you happen to have the PNSO Deinocheirus and/or Therizinosaurus as well? Curious how the new Safari Ltd figure compares next to them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

Quote from: Fembrogon on September 07, 2024, 01:12:54 AMThe latest batch from Safari. I was telling myself to wait since budgets have been tight, but I couldn't resist grabbing the Theri as soon as possible.

Could this snake work as a 1/35 titanoboa ?

Fembrogon

Quote from: Faelrin on September 07, 2024, 07:16:11 AMGlad to see you got your hands on it, and some of their other recent figures. Do you happen to have the PNSO Deinocheirus and/or Therizinosaurus as well? Curious how the new Safari Ltd figure compares next to them.
I do indeed, and I wasted no time in photographing the Theris together! I'll try to upload those to an appropriate thread soon.

Quote from: SenSx on September 07, 2024, 09:26:45 AMCould this snake work as a 1/35 titanoboa ?
Maybe? I haven't measured the anaconda myself, but I recall one or two other members saying it scales pretty well for that.

SidB

My first CollectA acquisition for 2024, the Dreadnoughtus:

A close-up of the surface detailing -

A comparison with their previous Manmenchisaurus and Ruyangosaurus:

Primeval12

What are those holes in the neck supposed to be? Mine has them too and I thought they were a factory defect

SidB

Quote from: Primeval12 on September 10, 2024, 11:55:36 PMWhat are those holes in the neck supposed to be? Mine has them too and I thought they were a factory defect
Are they an aftermath of the manufacturing process? More a necessary consequence of a process unique to CollectA?

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on September 11, 2024, 03:24:01 AM
Quote from: Primeval12 on September 10, 2024, 11:55:36 PMWhat are those holes in the neck supposed to be? Mine has them too and I thought they were a factory defect
Are they an aftermath of the manufacturing process? More a necessary consequence of a process unique to CollectA?

The model features scars from predation and intraspecific combat according to EverythingDinosaur's blogpost.
May very well represent a healed puncture wound of some sort.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on September 11, 2024, 03:58:09 AM
Quote from: SidB on September 11, 2024, 03:24:01 AM

The model features scars from predation and intraspecific combat according to EverythingDinosaur's blogpost.
May very well represent a healed puncture wound of some sort.
That's better! Good to know.

SidB

My turn to showcase Safari's 'new' Therizinosaurus, I suppose. It's been a long wait since November of 2023, but my order at Dan's finally arrived off backorder. Definitely not a disappointment - glad that they took their time to get it right.

A quick comparison with PNSO's excellent figure and also with the older, rather larger Papo one, which has now obviously been superceded by these two new ones (though I still like it). The Safari is a terrific value dollar-wise, and a worthy rival to the PNSO. It's a striking figure on a shelf with its bald eagle headgear.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.