News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

A couple of goodies from Martin:
Safari Estemmenosuchus inspired by the unreleased Kenner JP Series 2 Estemmenosuchus colour scheme
- The Kenner JP Estemmenosuchus has always been holy grail figure of mines. Never seen it be offered for sale, and had pretty much given up hope of finding one. So this is the next best thing!

Painted Forgotton Bloodlines: Agate Moropus
- It'd be a shame to leave such a stunning sculpt unpainted. Looking forward to acquiring more sculpts from the young and immensely talented Max Bellomio. (who also sculpted the upcoming Eons x Creative Beast Studio Gomphotherium!)

Carnoking

The Moropus looks amazing all painted up!

EmperorDinobot

I have two TLW Estemmenosuchus avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy . They would both be complete but some guy named Shane stole the dino damage part from one of them. Oh, how I wish I had some more unreleased toys, as the TLW does not count.

Dusty Wren

That's a very handsome paint job on the Moropus, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy. It feels realistic while still being eye-catching. That model is a 3D print, right? I'm impressed with the quality of the print!
Check out my customs thread!

Flaffy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 24, 2024, 03:49:04 PMI have two TLW Estemmenosuchus avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy . They would both be complete but some guy named Shane stole the dino damage part from one of them. Oh, how I wish I had some more unreleased toys, as the TLW does not count.

That's a shame! I believe someone on Etsy sells custom Estemmenosuchus dino damage pieces, but not the cheapest I'm afraid. I have a TLW Estemmenosuchus as well, but sadly not complete.

The only unreleased JP toys I have are the Kenner Ornithosuchus w/ Dino Trapper prototype, and the Mattel Franklin (which sadly does not come with the advertised Microceratus). Both chance encounters. Would gladly trade either for the JP Series 2 Estemmenosuchus.

Quote from: Dusty Wren on August 24, 2024, 10:21:23 PMThat's a very handsome paint job on the Moropus, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy. It feels realistic while still being eye-catching. That model is a 3D print, right? I'm impressed with the quality of the print!

Indeed! Same colour scheme as its documentary counterpart in fact. ^-^ I prefer it to the CollectA one in both size and anatomy.

Yes it's a 3D print, very impressed with how far the technology has advanced. Loads of subtle dimples, textures and folds not properly captured on my phone camera. The resin(?) material is still a bit brittle for my liking though.

EmperorDinobot

That is insane that you own that Ornithosuchus. EExcept I don't remember it. Who's your dealer?

Flaffy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 25, 2024, 01:25:11 AMThat is insane that you own that Ornithosuchus. EExcept I don't remember it. Who's your dealer?

This one. Chance encounter on Xianyu, a chinese site. Got it for a steal considering its rarity!

EmperorDinobot

That is amazing. What is the site?

Fembrogon

Ramses has arrived at long last!

It feels surreal to finally be holding this figure in my hands.

Deinonychus!

Oooh! that's a really nice Spinosaurus!

Flaffy

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 26, 2024, 09:07:36 PMThat is amazing. What is the site?

I believe Xianyu is owned by Taobao. The chinese equivalent of eBay. Plenty of goodies lurking there if you have the patience and access. From my experience Taobao and it's sister sites have been increasingly inaccessible to foreign consumers since the pandemic.

I got the Ornithosuchus quite a few years ago at this point. I don't recall the seller being a dedicated vendor for vintage JP merch unfortunately. Just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. The package on my sample certainly wasn't mint either, but thankfully all the contents were present.

Faelrin

My Spinosaurus has also arrived:

I'll have even more pics in the Mesozoic Life thread posted next.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Roselaar

Finally the leading toy chain in the Netherlands is releasing some new JW stuff! :)  They had nothing but Dominion deadstock for the last few years.

Torvosaurus

Two new Irish elk. The one in the back is one that I already had, by Steve Barber Models (not Copplestone Castings as I initially said), while the two new ones are an Irish elk standing and an Irish elk with its head down, both by Acheson Creations. These two are actually similar with the older one as far as size and sculpting go.

Torvo

Roselaar

Bunch of brand spanking new JW figures:

Flaffy

I'm surprised they didn't make the Mapusaurus the same size range as the Rex and Spino. You'd think Mattel would milk as many megatheropods as they could in that scale.

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy The Dino Escape Carcharodontosaurus got the same treatment. And the accidentally revealed new Tyrannotitan is too. Oh the Tarbosaurus from a few years ago. Basically any large mega theropod that isn't a film dino gets this treatment for some reason.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

crazy8wizard

I've been on a recent stegocephalian "fishapod" kick lately and two of them arrived!
First is the Oumcraft Life Tiktaalik. It's pretty cute and looks nice with the others but I may have to get the Paleozoo model for a better representation.
Next is the Kaiyodo Ichthyostega. Huge thanks to avatar_Sim @Sim for selling this one to me, since I've been having trouble finding it.
These two transitional fish reminded me that I have this cool glass tray that parodies Zallinger's "March of Progress" poster but with a more diverse group of related animals. Unfortunately I don't have any mesozoic mammals or primate figures in my collection so we're gonna skip a few million years and jump straight from Cynognathus to Jimmy Buffett.

And yes, I am fully aware that these are by no means a direct lineage, I just thought they looked nice together

Carnoking

A few days late but here are my August acquisitions. Pretty tame month for me overall, mostly just pre-ordered items coming in. Only exception was the PNSO Tyrannotitan which I caved and ordered during some brand promotion on Amazon. Still, definitely a month of quality over quantity I'd say.

BotM Utahraptor is an absolute delight. I spent a lot of time going back and forth between this and the Cyberzoic version but after getting it in hand, I feel pretty confident that I made the right choice!

Jimmy's in the house. Certainly not my favorite SDCC exclusive, and I can think of a handful of things I would much rather see, but at least Mattel decided to commit to the bit with this one.

Ramses was a long time coming but safe to say worth the wait!

And then there's Mateo. Not much to say about this one. Nice to see some inventive colors on a PNSO figure but other than that, it's another big toothy theropod from PNSO, what else is there to talk about?

Fembrogon

The latest batch from Safari. I was telling myself to wait since budgets have been tight, but I couldn't resist grabbing the Theri as soon as possible.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: