News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: MLMjp on September 10, 2019, 10:06:40 PM
The amber collection looks great...if only Mattel put all their effort into the main line instead of these 6 inch figures...
Im calling it, this line will affect the quality of the main line.

And I think I know how, humans will only be made on the amber collection and no more humans will be made in the 3 3/4 inch assortment. Just look at the toy line right know, only two new human figures, one was an exclusive and the other does not appear anywhere. The main toy line will become a dinosaur only series.

That Triceratops actually looks really good, i said I would buy repaint/retools of medium/big size figures but I got to admit, it is tempting.

Man if the mainline becomes dinosaurs only that's gonna kill some of my hype. I need some humans and vehicles to terrorize. Well if that happens I'll probably prowl toy aisles looking for some good vehicles/humans that scale.

As for the Amber collection if they show up locally I might pick up a raptor or two. I much prefer the scale used in the mainline but the additional articulation offered by the Amber collection is very tempting.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

MLMjp

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on September 11, 2019, 03:37:25 AM
Man if the mainline becomes dinosaurs only that's gonna kill some of my hype. I need some humans and vehicles to terrorize. Well if that happens I'll probably prowl toy aisles looking for some good vehicles/humans that scale.

As for the Amber collection if they show up locally I might pick up a raptor or two. I much prefer the scale used in the mainline but the additional articulation offered by the Amber collection is very tempting.
Hopefully I am wrong, maybe they are reserving the human figures for the toy line of the next movie, but who knows.

It would' hurt to get some human figures THAT ARE NOT OWEN here and there right?

Anyway, I'm not going to collect the amber collection for obvious reasons.

terrorchicken

will the Amber Collection figures be available everywhere or are they exclusives to one place? Do you think they'll make dinosaurs other than raptors?

MLMjp

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 11, 2019, 06:32:38 PM
will the Amber Collection figures be available everywhere or are they exclusives to one place? Do you think they'll make dinosaurs other than raptors?
They are exclusive to Gamestop in USA. No idea if they will be distributed internationally.

Which is good news for me, this means they wont overshadow the main line and that I won't be seeing them in my country.

Dilopho

If you are in need of human figures then The Corps is a good line to check out, it's military themed but there are plenty of cool vehicles and humans. They're only slightly larger and more cartoon-proportioned than the JW figures.
Lots of varieties of people, men and women, and loads of cars and ATVs and things that fit perfectly as, say, A.C.U vehicles.

Oh, but here's the kicker; You've probably seen them already, but Lanard actually released a dinosaur-themed Corps line named Jurassic Clash. They've been talked about on this site before.

There's quite a lot of interesting figures in this line which scale very well with the JW stuff.

And is it just me, or do these dinosaurs look..pretty impressive for what they are?

Dilopho

By the way, one of my wishes from this new AC is a T. rex in the scale. I don't mean a T. rex that is correctly scaled to match the raptors and people, I mean a T. rex that is about the same size as those raptors, maybe a little bigger.

There aren't many Tyrannosaur figures that are both fully articulated and in that sort of scale. As of now, the closest thing I have is the WWD small Gorgosaurus which is much smaller than what I want. (Price is also important, lol.)

Plus, the Stan Winston T. rex is my favourite interpretation of T. rex out there in terms of visuals. There's just something so menacing about it that can't be beat.

stargatedalek

If anyone is curious, the Super Colossal rex is in scale with the Amber Collection humans and raptors (and Attack Pack Dimorphodon).

terrorchicken

Quote from: MLMjp on September 11, 2019, 09:13:08 PM
They are exclusive to Gamestop in USA. No idea if they will be distributed internationally.

Which is good news for me, this means they wont overshadow the main line and that I won't be seeing them in my country.

thanks! I forgot to ask, when are they being released?

MLMjp

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 13, 2019, 09:45:48 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on September 11, 2019, 09:13:08 PM

October it seems.

Also does anyone think that the Amber Collection boxes look really like they have been squashed?

The bend on the JP logo makes it look like the box is damaged, also some of the yellow lines look a lot like damage marks

PhilSauria

Just saw a video review for the Amargasaurus, yet another Mattel that I think I can be pretty safe in saying that we won't see on the shelves here in Australia, and I saw an online listing for one at $130 AU plus $47 shipping. I ask you...!

terrorchicken

^Im from the USA and I haven't seen it anywhere. The Quetzal neither. And I go to Target/Walmart 2-3 times a month.

Quote from: MLMjp on September 13, 2019, 11:21:56 PM

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 13, 2019, 09:45:48 PM

October it seems.

Also does anyone think that the Amber Collection boxes look really like they have been squashed?

The bend on the JP logo makes it look like the box is damaged, also some of the yellow lines look a lot like damage marks
thanks and yes it does make the boxes look damaged.

ITdactyl

ALL my envy receptors are triggered every time a member posts their new JW quetzal.

I requested for an early notification from the local toy chain if they're getting the new JW batch.  Sure enough, I got an email saying a small shipment made its way to Philippine shores.  I rushed to the store only to be told that a couple of guys sniped the whole flock before they could go on display.

Ah well... the waiting game continues.

RobinGoodfellow

It seems to me that Mattel's distribution policy is crazy..  :-[
Here (in Italy) is extremely difficult to find others than Mattel' Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops and Stegosaurus.
Despite of that, last week I found Amargasaurus, Quetzalcoatlus and Mussaurus at a local store.

Is it strange or not ?

???

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 15, 2019, 02:49:40 AM

ALL my envy receptors are triggered every time a member posts their new JW quetzal.

I requested for an early notification from the local toy chain if they're getting the new JW batch.  Sure enough, I got an email saying a small shipment made its way to Philippine shores.  I rushed to the store only to be told that a couple of guys sniped the whole flock before they could go on display.

Yo fellow pinoy! What new stock was supposed to come?

The latest stuff I've seen are the dual attack third wave (allo/concavenator/nasutoceratops), extreme chomping rex, posable indoraptor, and the wave 3 savage strikes (Velociraptor/Blue/Stiggy/pachycephalosaurus-never saw the Dilophosaurus!)

stargatedalek

I've seen a couple of Quetzals around locally. Would gladly trade one if anyone is interested.

Mattyonyx

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on September 15, 2019, 09:44:14 AM

It seems to me that Mattel's distribution policy is crazy..  :-[
Here (in Italy) is extremely difficult to find others than Mattel' Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops and Stegosaurus.
Despite of that, last week I found Amargasaurus, Quetzalcoatlus and Mussaurus at a local store.

Is it strange or not ?

???

Yeah, distribution in Italy is crazy. However, I was surprised to see the most recent Battle Damage dinosaurs in italian stores: that line included the purple monolophosaurus, which I wanted so badly!

ITdactyl

yo avatar_Kotori_Sonoda @Kotori_Sonoda , I got an email notification for the Amargasaurus, Quetzal and repainted Stego batch. 'Went to the megamall branch where they were supposed to be stocked, but the staff said they were bought by a group.  I think it's already common practice that some toy groups get first dibs - though that's only my opinion. Due to my work, I'm unable to check other stores.

Thanks for the offer avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek .  It's been a constant temptation to import the quetz, but the terrible situation with our customs keeps me from doing so.

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 16, 2019, 01:25:27 AM

yo avatar_Kotori_Sonoda @Kotori_Sonoda , I got an email notification for the Amargasaurus, Quetzal and repainted Stego batch. 'Went to the megamall branch where they were supposed to be stocked, but the staff said they were bought by a group.  I think it's already common practice that some toy groups get first dibs - though that's only my opinion. Due to my work, I'm unable to check other stores.

Thanks for the offer avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek .  It's been a constant temptation to import the quetz, but the terrible situation with our customs keeps me from doing so.

Damn so that TK instagram post that used pictures of the Amargasaurus and Quetzal wasn't a lie hahaha. I wonder if this means the savage strike Plesiosaurus is supposed to show up here as well... distribution is so spotty. Every sunday I visit the TRU Robinsons Manila (since its near the church my family goes to) and it seems they never got the Big Rock wave.
My work is close to the Greenbelt-Landmark-Glorietta-SM Makati chain, so I often check TK and TRU there during payday, didn't spot any of those sadly. And I really want an Amargasaurus, too...

Piltdown 龍

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on September 15, 2019, 12:15:23 PM
Quote from: ITdactyl on September 15, 2019, 02:49:40 AM

Yo fellow pinoy! What new stock was supposed to come?

The latest stuff I've seen are the dual attack third wave (allo/concavenator/nasutoceratops), extreme chomping rex, posable indoraptor, and the wave 3 savage strikes (Velociraptor/Blue/Stiggy/pachycephalosaurus-never saw the Dilophosaurus!)

This afternoon I saw a purple Dino Rivals (?) Dilophosaurus at TRU Trinoma, as well as a brown and orange Proceratosaurus...
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

ChrisLikesDinos

https://youtu.be/C7kbVvpOGdQ

If there's one thing I can for certain after seeing Battle at Big Rock - Mattel botched the Allosaurus toy design entirely.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: