News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoarCrossovers

Spotted the Amargasaurus in Smyths today and picked it up.

Kotori_Sonoda

Joined this forum because of Jurassic World :D

In my country distribution has been rather spotty... we've gotten all the dual attacks (from the first wave up to the big rock guys), the first two mega dual attacks, waves 1 and 3 of the attack packs, and it seems like we only got the third wave of the savage strikes.
Latest purchase is the dino rivals extreme chomping Rex, because I missed the boat for the first one so I'm very happy with this guy.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Digibasherx

Jurassic World Dino Rivals series 2? or 3? has arrived at TRU in Canada, got the D&D Indom,  recoloured Concavenator, Para, Nausto and Allo.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on August 24, 2019, 07:27:57 AM

Welcome to the forum! You'll find many wonderful toys here :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 25, 2019, 04:35:19 PM
Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on August 24, 2019, 07:27:57 AM

Welcome to the forum! You'll find many wonderful toys here :)

Thank you! :D
Looking for reviews on JWFK toys is how I found dinotoyblog and the mattel toys have made me rediscover my childhood love for these prehistoric beasts. Now i have a slowly growing collection!

Faelrin

avatar_Kotori_Sonoda @Kotori_Sonoda Welcome to the forum here. I hope you enjoy your time here.

And I forgot to post this, but I saw the Indominus rex for the first time the other day at Target. I didn't have the money for it then anyways and was just there to pick up some dishwasher stuff, but I haven't checked the toy isle in months so was curious to see what it looked like. Well it was pretty disappointing as usual with them being behind and poorly stocked, but seeing the Indominus rex took me by surprise, if mostly because of the size of it. I knew it was bigger then the Spinosaurus, but still, seeing it in person is a better experience. I got a 15% off coupon to use between the 3rd and 14th, so just a little longer before I bring this one home.

In other news, my Hammond figure from EE has finally shipped with an estimated arrival date of September 3rd, which is also the same estimated date for my Amargasaurus on Amazon. I'm so excited to have all of these coming hopefully by next week or the one after.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dino Scream3232

Triceratops 2.0 is now shipping from Amazon. Definitely my favorite trike color scheme. Just wish it was more "blue" like the first promotional images. https://youtu.be/blXbStOQ3Jw

Kotori_Sonoda

Huh, so that Trike is more grey than blue. Interesting. I agree though, that color scheme looks great.

Faelrin

Well I finally ordered one from Amazon (the $14.99 one, not the UK listing), with a date of early October. I really dig that this one is a bit more on the grey side, though I would have been fine if it were more blue. I really do love the resemblance to the canceled Kenner TLW one, and I think the final product here looks a bit closer to it in coloration. It's really neat how many repaints we've gotten that come close to their figures, such as the green Baryonyx.

And an update on my Amargasaurus Amazon pre-order is that it was supposed to be here tomorrow, but it hasn't shipped yet apparently. I did notice that it did say they were temporary out of stock when I was checking it and wasn't signed in, so maybe this will be like the Quetzalcoatlus for me all over again, and I'll just have to wait until they get more in. My Hammond figure should be here tomorrow from Entertainment Earth though. I guess I will be editing this once it arrives.

Edit: So I have some disappointing updates for both of the Hammond and Amargasaurus figures. Hammond now has an arrival date of the 5th, so later this week, which is not a big deal really, and the Amargasaurus on Amazon now has an arrival date of mid October to late November, which is disappointing. Has this happened to anyone else here?

Toasaurus

Quote from: Faelrin on September 03, 2019, 03:41:24 AM
Well I finally ordered one from Amazon (the $14.99 one, not the UK listing), with a date of early October. I really dig that this one is a bit more on the grey side, though I would have been fine if it were more blue. I really do love the resemblance to the canceled Kenner TLW one, and I think the final product here looks a bit closer to it in coloration. It's really neat how many repaints we've gotten that come close to their figures, such as the green Baryonyx.

And an update on my Amargasaurus Amazon pre-order is that it was supposed to be here tomorrow, but it hasn't shipped yet apparently. I did notice that it did say they were temporary out of stock when I was checking it and wasn't signed in, so maybe this will be like the Quetzalcoatlus for me all over again, and I'll just have to wait until they get more in. My Hammond figure should be here tomorrow from Entertainment Earth though. I guess I will be editing this once it arrives.

Edit: So I have some disappointing updates for both of the Hammond and Amargasaurus figures. Hammond now has an arrival date of the 5th, so later this week, which is not a big deal really, and the Amargasaurus on Amazon now has an arrival date of mid October to late November, which is disappointing. Has this happened to anyone else here?
i had simular cause when the mussaurus was up for preorder said it would ship june 1st i even called them to make sure they say yes then the 1st came i noticed the listine had changed to 13 offers  and my order didnt ship so i asked amazon and they said they didnt get it in stock i was so frustrated. My advice never trust amazon preorder listings

Faelrin

Yeah that happened with me too from the Mussaurus. My Quetzalcoatlus, and other figures back in June had several delays and all sorts of issues too. Hopefully by the time they have gotten them in, they get the grey Triceratops too, unless other retailers get to these first (I do know EE has the Amargasaurus but I'm not interested in paying $7 in shipping for it either right now).

Though today wasn't a total disappointment, as I finally got the Indominus rex, and 15% off from a storewide sale coupon I got from the last time I went to Target, that was valid as of today. I posted pics in the recent acquisition thread.

Edit: This was the proper film accurate Indominus rex figure I've waited 4 years now, since Jurassic World came out. It truly does this creature justice, and it's nice to finally knock off what is an important species from my film species collection. A few variations aside, this leaves only the Brachiosaurus now (and of course the new Sinoceratops coming next year), until hopefully an Apatosaurus and Corythosaurus are made.

jean

Hi everyone , I am looking for a Mattel spinosaurus and concavenator , does anyone know where I could get it in Australia ? Preferably a local store in Perth

PhilSauria

You might try either Kmart or BigW, where I have seen both colour variants of the Concavenator - but I have never seen the Spinosaurus over here and I suspect it is part of the two thirds of the range that has never and probably will never appear on retail shelves in Australia.

jean

Thanks , I was going to try and see  if TARGET would have the spino, have you been there before ?

Btw , have you seen any Papo dinosaurs on any retail shelves here?

PhilSauria

You could still try Target but if the stores near you are anything like the stores near where I am then they seem to be scaling back the Mattel JW stock. Most of the Mattels I have came from Big W.

The only place that I've seen any Papo, and that was just a handful of figures, was at a toy store in the next suburb. Most places, if they have any Dinosaurs (aside from the ubiquitous Chinasaurs!) in my experience will have shelves full of Schleich, though I know of two places that sell CollectA - I was surprised to discover the second one of those only recently.

Gwangi

I'm not too excited about the 6" range but having not bought a single Mattel Velociraptor so far I gotta say, I'm tempted by the original JP Velociraptor.

Faelrin

So I already pre-ordered the JP raptor, and Malcolm because why not, but I got to say I do want all of these, even though I'm mainly collecting the 3 and 3/4 line. I really like how accurate Charlie (and of course Blue) seems to be (mostly), so I'm hoping that Echo and Delta are too, if they do them (why wouldn't they?), though what a shame they didn't do it right with the smaller figures to begin with (except the SS or BD Blue, and Charlie comes close, but still isn't quite there, Hopefully if they ever do SS or BD figures of the rest of the squad they are much more accurate). Pretty interesting that she comes with the headset too. Also lol at the cardboard cutout placeholder of Owen in the packaging. And speaking about the packaging I really like how it looks so far.

I would also like to see them do the tiger striped male TLW raptors, and maybe even the male and female JPIII ones, though I would also still like to see the male JPIII released for the smaller scale too (as well as a proper JP female raptor).

And not too long after seeing this stuff on instagram, etc, I had a nice surprise waiting for me today that was dropped off. It was my grey Dual Attack Triceratops from Amazon, that I was expecting not to come until next month or later. Really glad to have this one in my collection now. I took a bunch of fun comparison pics with it, and my other Mattel JW ceratopsians. I also really do love the coloring on this one. Definitely is the next best thing to owning that canceled Kenner TLW Triceratops too.

MLMjp

The amber collection looks great...if only Mattel put all their effort into the main line instead of these 6 inch figures...
Im calling it, this line will affect the quality of the main line.

And I think I know how, humans will only be made on the amber collection and no more humans will be made in the 3 3/4 inch assortment. Just look at the toy line right know, only two new human figures, one was an exclusive and the other does not appear anywhere. The main toy line will become a dinosaur only series.

That Triceratops actually looks really good, i said I would not buy repaint/retools of medium/big size figures but I got to admit, it is tempting.

Flaffy

Not too excited for these personally. The teeth are too blunt, and the raptor sculpts are based on Jurassic World's, which is easily the worse raptor design out of all the movies.

That being said, I do hope we'll eventually see a screen accurate Jurassic Park dilophosaurus in this line. Since Mattel failed to deliver on that front. Wouldn't mind seeing a AC Gallimimus and Pachycephalosaurus as well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: