News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: MagicGluelong on September 30, 2019, 10:55:16 AM
In case anyone in Metro Manila is interested, there is a Jurassic World Plesiosaurus at Landmark (not TRU) Trinoma this afternoon. There was also a Carnotaurus, but not anymore. . .

Edit: Sheesh. I just saw the average price for sold items for the Loch Ness wannabe on eBay was 50 USD  :-X Had I known I would have gotten it to resell >:D

Edit 2: The plesiosaurus decided this afternoon to follow me home. And they said plesiosaurs couldn't waddle on dry land  ;D

Oh dammnit I'm like a walk away from landmark hahaha
I checked there last week and they didn't have anything new.
I hope it gets a wider distribution...
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

Piltdown 龍

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on October 02, 2019, 01:50:46 AM
In case anyone in Metro Manila is interested, there is a Jurassic World Plesiosaurus at Landmark (not TRU) Trinoma this afternoon. There was also a Carnotaurus, but not anymore. . .

Edit: Sheesh. I just saw the average price for sold items for the Loch Ness wannabe on eBay was 50 USD  :-X Had I known I would have gotten it to resell >:D

Edit 2: The plesiosaurus decided this afternoon to follow me home. And they said plesiosaurs couldn't waddle on dry land  ;D

There's another plesiosaurus at UPTown Center Toys R Us :) I guess each store gets only one of this figure, as opposed to the grossly overpriced Stegosaurus and Triceratops toys hogging shelf space  :-\
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Dino Scream3232

Don't know if everyone is all caught up with the USA Brachiosaurus release. So here's a quick rundown. It started showing up in stock on brickseek about two weeks ago. It had a street date of October 6th and was locked from sale at the registers. A few days ago all inventory "mysteriously" vanished from brickseek stating they are out of stock. Which isn't the case. Last night reports poured in that the street date was lifted and and available to purchase. I grabbed mine this morning. Showed a target employee the DPCI (087-16-0499). They kindly got one out of the back for me. Well fast forward to a couple hours ago. The street date being lifted was a glitch and is now locked at the registers again. If you happen to find one just as guest services to hold it till Sunday. What a wild ride the last 24 hours have been. I wish everyone good luck in finding one easily. It truly is a magnificent figure. So here's me struggling to review this monster for your enjoyment. https://youtu.be/GaHH0J91ouo

MLMjp

Hopping to see that big girl in my country by November (Don't fail me El Corte Inglés...). Or at least available through Amazon.

Toasaurus

Does anyone know if the brachiosaurus will appear on the international target website on October 6th?

Dino Scream3232

Quote from: Toasaurus on October 02, 2019, 08:52:34 PM
Does anyone know if the brachiosaurus will appear on the international target website on October 6th?
no one knows. It was up weeks ago if you searched out of stock. But then was pulled without explanation. Hopefully once get 6th rolls around we'll have a better answer.

Faelrin

D @Dino Scream3232 Congrats for being able to get your hands already on this amidst the chaos of this releasing (why am I not surprised).

I also really do agree with wanting another retailer getting the Legacy Collection instead, instead of Target, although I'm not really sure what else they could do, besides the Ford Explorer, the kids, another release of Hammond, a proper version of the JP raptor (if the new 6 inch line gets one, we need one for the smaller scale line too), and of course the canceled Dilophosaurus and JPIII quilled raptor. Speaking of those, if I had to guess Target is to blame with those being canceled, obviously the Spinosaurus was mishandled, and they also failed to carry the three Legacy Collection raptor sets from this (which I'm still behind with getting, particularly the white raptor set, since while not the best, is the only representation of a raptor from JPIII released so far, unless we count the repainted SS one).

Though granted Walmart hasn't done much better with their exclusives this year, with the exception of the Albertosaurus, Baryonyx set, and hopefully the BD Spinosaurus, as they were way too backed up with last year's figures, that those in the states are still waiting for the new Pteranodon (though it was finally for sale on their website), the Plesiosaurus, and the new Proceratosaurus, Monolophosaurus, and Herrerasaurus still have yet to show up here, if they even do. Hopefully next year won't have as many of these unfortunate distribution issues, because it ultimately means the collector's (and perhaps the target audience, kids) have to pay in some form (either going without, or shelling out).

Anyways really glad you showed it with both the larger figures and some of the smaller ones. Is it really 28 inches tall, or is it much bigger?

It might be a few weeks anyways before I can afford to drop the money on this one, but no way I'm not getting it. Not only is this probably a once in a lifetime chance to see this figure made (in this scale no less, with this much articulation, and is film accurate in sculpt and paint scheme mostly), it's obviously the last (other then the JPIII white raptor) of the released figures that I need to finish off my JP and JW species collection, until hopefully the Apatosaurus and Corythosaurus are made, etc.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Toasaurus

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on October 02, 2019, 09:21:48 PM
Quote from: Toasaurus on October 02, 2019, 08:52:34 PM
no one knows. It was up weeks ago if you searched out of stock. But then was pulled without explanation. Hopefully once get 6th rolls around we'll have a better answer.
thanks Cause I doubt the brachiosaurus is not coming to Canada cause idk why but Mattel seems to not stock the legacy collection up here and it frustrates me that I can't get the big girl for a decent price :(

Faelrin

No sooner then I got done writing my previous post, my Amber Collection figures arrived (one of them is for my pal in Guatemala that I deal with on instagram, who helped me get the Battle Damage Plesiosaurus). Would have posted the pics of them sooner, but wanted to fiddle around with them some more, and also was busy writing my Beasts of the Mesozoic Acheroraptor review.

Anyways I think these are fantastic figures, and in the case of the raptor it really fulfills a long desire for a proper JP based raptor in my collection (brown and green eyes at the minimum). The only option was Kenner's (which is still a nice toy, that I certainly have fond memories of playing with), if not the less articulated Papo and Rebor ones.  I am certainly eager to get the raptor together with my Beasts of the Mesozoic gang for some photo shoots, and possibly the Indoraptor as well.

I am also really a fan of the packaging design. There's some imprinted (is that the right term?) fossils on the sides that feel nice to touch, and I really like the inclusion of the images and descriptions (which I certainly giggled at). I am certainly hoping to see the rest of the JP cast, and maybe other dinosaurs like the Dilophosaurus, and Stygimoloch (I at least recall seeing concept art for these, and TLW raptor a while back). I'm at least looking forward to getting my hands on Blue, Owen, and Charlie. I am also left wanting a raptor in the smaller scale with this color scheme.

The articulation on the raptor is really impressive too. Very similar to both the Indoraptor or the Beasts of the Mesozoic ones. Worth mentioning is that it does have a bendy wire rubber tail (and mine has a kink from the way it was packaged, but reminds me of the Kenner rexes that had this issue, etc), the sickle claws on both feet are articulated (though not the toe itself), and the top jaw has some movement, as well as the bottom jaw as expected. Also thanks to the oversized feet, the raptor doesn't need the base to stand (though I suppose it would be handy to have in certain poses). I haven't tested Malcolm too much, but he seems to have the joints I have come to expect on larger highly articulated human figures by now (such as from Play Arts Kai, etc).

The base for the raptor is actually tied to the background part of the packaging.

The Amber Collection JP raptor with the 3.75 inch scale Battle Damage Blue:

The Amber Collection Malcolm with the 3.75 inch scale Legacy Collection Malcolm (or mini Malcolm, as I've now decided to call him, lol).

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: MagicGluelong on October 02, 2019, 10:43:15 AM
Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on October 02, 2019, 01:50:46 AM

There's another plesiosaurus at UPTown Center Toys R Us :) I guess each store gets only one of this figure, as opposed to the grossly overpriced Stegosaurus and Triceratops toys hogging shelf space  :-\

Those damn trikes are everywhere lol, both the dual attack and the old roarivore (which I already have)

Well I suppose they only get a case or two, and in that case there's like 1 Plesiosaurus or something, so it sells out fast. Distribution on the savage strikes has not been the best IMO, I assumed we skipped the first two waves and went straight to the third but I haven't seen the Dilophosaurus anywhere.

MoarCrossovers

I don't suppose anyone knows if the Amber Collection has made its way to the UK or not?

Kotori_Sonoda

avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGluelong  I got a savage strike Plesiosaurus from Robinsons Manila Toys R us! There was only one and i grabbed it immediately.

Piltdown 龍

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on October 06, 2019, 06:47:33 AM
avatar_Piltdown 龍 @MagicGluelong  I got a savage strike Plesiosaurus from Robinsons Manila Toys R us! There was only one and i grabbed it immediately.

8)  I feel like buying a shoal of them  ;D

It's been difficult though scouring through all of the store displays looking for the rarer toys, given the traffic  :(  Not to mention jostling with the other buyers young enough to be my grandchildren  :-[  ;D I just gave up and decided to import the rest from amazon and ship them by balikbayan box.
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: MagicGluelong on October 06, 2019, 07:12:33 AM
Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on October 06, 2019, 06:47:33 AM

8)  I feel like buying a shoal of them  ;D

It's been difficult though scouring through all of the store displays looking for the rarer toys, given the traffic  :(  Not to mention jostling with the other buyers young enough to be my grandchildren  :-[  ;D I just gave up and decided to import the rest from amazon and ship them by balikbayan box.

The first wave of Dino rivals humans (AKA more Owens) are also available in the department store of the same mall.

Hahaha! I remember when I bought my Mussaurus the cashier asked if its for my collection. Because she says kids don't buy stuff like this anymore, only adults lol

Oh nice!
I'm just gonna take it easy and wait for stuff to come here I suppose. If it doesn't then money saved, if it does then its time to open up the wallet.

tanystropheus

I just picked up the Jurassic World Brachiosaurus from Target for $49.99.  The street date is today Sunday, Oct 6 for U.S Targets (You can also look up Target Inventory Checker to see if your store has inventory). I didn't see any on the shelves but the guy was kind enough to get one for me from stock. The box is a lot smaller than what I anticipated (I suppose there is some smart assembly involved). Next mission: Walmart Exclusive Battle Damage Spinosaurus

I hope the sales are robust enough to justify the release of other large sauropods such as Mamenchi or Apatosaurus.

BrightYellowTriceratops

I had the brachiosaur in my hands on Friday night when an employee came up and said "You can't have that. We can't sell it until Sunday," and took it away from me. I was annoyed by the idea that someone might beat me to the store and scoop them all up to sell on ebay (as people are asking ridiculous amounts for them) especially when I had it in my hands. So close...

So I made sure I was the first customer into the store this morning. The shelf spot was empty but I asked an employee and he got one from the back for me (he also said they had three in stock). So glad to finally have it. I was really worried they'd disappear and not be restocked. I definitely breathed a sigh of relief when I walked out with it. I hope everyone else who wants one is able to get one (without supporting those ridiculous sellers on eBay).

I decided to then try my luck at Wal-Mart and I found the Matchbox Jeep series JP Wrangler #10 on the pegs. So my JP/JW needs are satisfied for the immediate future.

Toasaurus

Does anyone know if the brachiosaurus will come to Canada case there not really any legacy collection figures for sale here in Canada and idk if anywhere will ship it to canada

Pachyrhinosaurus

I went out to my nearest store today only to find them sold out. Went out to the car and called the next closest, twenty minutes away, and they had one. Got there and it was nowhere to be seen. These scalpers are terrible.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

ITdactyl

Starting to see people posting their pics with the JW Brachiosaurus over on FB... all big smiles and *ehem*, multiple boxes.

I feel my envy rising...   ;D ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 07, 2019, 01:18:24 AM
I went out to my nearest store today only to find them sold out. Went out to the car and called the next closest, twenty minutes away, and they had one. Got there and it was nowhere to be seen. These scalpers are terrible.

Some will hold them for you.  its also popping up online off and on :https://www.target.com/p/jurassic-world-legacy-collection-brachiosaurus/-/A-76152815?clkid=4758d99eN71b93371fec58024e925de3e&lnm=81938&afid=ShopStyle%20Inc.&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: