News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piltdown 龍

Quote from: Kotori_Sonoda on December 08, 2019, 02:08:28 PM
Quote from: MagicGluelong on December 08, 2019, 02:01:14 PM
Just curious--do those who take the dinos out of the boxes for display still hold on to the packaging? I know that it can no longer be described as MIB, but... anyway, just wanted to know  :)

I just throw it away since the packaging is open air anyway so I can't really it put the figures back in for storage. And of course for certain figures that require assembly once you snap the tail that's never coming back off so you can't put it back in the box even if you want to.

Also for pinoy collectors SM Mall of Asia has a lot of Savage Strike Plesiosaurus, both TK and the Department store...

Great, thanks :) I forgot I can no longer detach the tail. As it is the spinosaurs had already expressed great displeasure at the prospect of being returned to their boxes :D

I was hoping against hope that the toy stores here would carry the new Control and Conquer Carnotaurus for Christmas, but no such luck  :-[
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 03, 2019, 08:37:08 AM

But that Brachio sure is a chonker.... a killer of tiny apartments.

Haha it really is! The only drawback I could find with my Brachiosaurus, lol. I was worried by its size the moment I put it together, but now at least it has a brilliant top shelf spot  :)

Faelrin

I have all of my packages still. They are beginning to fill up my closet. Quite frankly I don't know how many more I can shove in there. Honestly I'm not entirely sure why I have held on to them perhaps other for nostalgia reasons in the future (I also still have all my Hasbro JW packaging for better or worse), or perhaps for resource materials (which I have actually needed in a few instances, and rather recently, for the product codes for the Dino Toy Collector site, but keeping around the battery info for the electronic figures is good too I suppose), as I do tend to take all my figures out of the boxes, and most of those have one time assembly's and cannot be returned to their packaging.

The only figures I have not opened but do not plan to, include the Lockwood Ultimate Battle set (which the top of also serves as a nice display for all my mini figures to stand upon currently), an extra Mosasaurus, and the Legacy Collection John Hammond figure. I also have a bunch of those Imaginext baby egg dinosaurs that are still in their packages hanging (on a board against) my wall, and a few of the Matchbox mini vehicles that I quite like in the packaging as is (the Jeep, Explorer, and Submarine).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ItsTwentyBelow

Yes! Just found the Dino-Damage Spinosaurus at Walmart! Such a beauty, and BIG!

If anyone is looking for it, be sure to check the special Christmas toy aisle in the center of the store. They had four copies there and no shelf space for Spinosaurus on the usual toy aisle.

Also spied the Amargasaurus for the first time. Next time on that guy, although I was not impressed to see that one had a limp neck and broken attack function, while another had a SUPER creaky, squeaky neck attack function. That head and neck are hefty.

Also did some Christmas shopping for the fam at Target, which still had Brachiosaurus available on the shelf. Nothing else new.

MLMjp

The Brachiosaurus is finally mine. I knew she was going to be big, but man, she is HUGE. If Mattel had made this girl a bit smaller I wouldn't have complained cause she just dwarfs the other big ones like the I.rex or the Mosasaurus...in fact, I do think they could have made her a bit smaller.

Nevertheless, she is beautiful and IMO, dinosaur figure of the year. My only complaint is that I just noticed that the roof of the mouth is not painted...C´mon Mattel, its ok with the smaller dinos, but all you big ones have the roof of their mouths painted...

All I can say is....IT´S...IT´S A DINOSAUR.

tanystropheus

Quote from: MLMjp on December 25, 2019, 05:15:46 PM
The Brachiosaurus is finally mine. I knew she was going to be big, but man, she is HUGE. If Mattel had made this girl a bit smaller I wouldn't have complained cause she just dwarfs the other big ones like the I.rex or the Mosasaurus...in fact, I do think they could have made her a bit smaller.

Blasphemy! Don't complain or Mattel will go ahead and give us a micro-Mamenchi next year  ;)

I was fortunate enough to pick up Brachio on Day 1 from my local Target. I arrived there like there super early even before they officially stocked it. They got one from the back for me.

Kotori_Sonoda

Pinoy collectors, I saw the gray Trike at Grenbelt TRU and SM Makati has the last wave of attack packs (I picked up the only Mononykus there).
At least in SM attack packs are also discounted to PHP500, so I got the Mononykus at a discount even though it's technically new product :D
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

terrorchicken

funny I have yet to see amargasaurus in person at any store which is the figure Ive had trouble finding that I really want but the brachio Ive seen a whole bunch a times already, like 3 or 4 times, and often more than one box. Guess they weren't popular over here. I think its neat but its just too big for my living space.

tanystropheus

Quote from: terrorchicken on December 26, 2019, 06:44:27 PM
funny I have yet to see amargasaurus in person at any store which is the figure Ive had trouble finding that I really want but the brachio Ive seen a whole bunch a times already, like 3 or 4 times, and often more than one box. Guess they weren't popular over here. I think its neat but its just too big for my living space.

It's definitely a sight to behold! I have it sitting somewhere in my living room because its' way too big for my bedroom. I also haven't seen the Amarga in any stores. Fortunately, Amazon still stocks it and it hasn't gone up in price as of yet.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Finally received my EE Tarbosaurus. You can find several youtube reviews already, but it's well detailed, motion is nice, and it's really neat sitting side by side the orig Rex, a JP design compared to a more....accurate?    design in the same line.

Appalachiosaurus

Nevertheless, she is beautiful and IMO, dinosaur figure of the year. My only complaint is that I just noticed that the roof of the mouth is not painted...C´mon Mattel, its ok with the smaller dinos, but all you big ones have the roof of their mouths painted...

It's honestly kind of ironic. I've been begging for a good quality giant Sauropod toy for years, and when I finally get one, my initial thought was "maybe this is too big" lol. Eyes were too big for my figure shelf apparently, I still love it (best Mattel figure by far) but I wouldn't complain if it was about %10 smaller.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on December 27, 2019, 05:43:43 AM

It's honestly kind of ironic. I've been begging for a good quality giant Sauropod toy for years, and when I finally get one, my initial thought was "maybe this is too big" lol. Eyes were too big for my figure shelf apparently, I still love it (best Mattel figure by far) but I wouldn't complain if it was about %10 smaller.

There are other smaller, JP Brachs.  The JP3 Hasbro, the Papo, harder to find but Tsukuda made one.   Me I love them big, if it had been 10' tall I would have bought it..though it would have had to stay outdoors...   

This one easily goes with my Horizon, Sideshow Apato, Dino Riders Brontosaurus and the Playskool Ultrasaurus too.. ( I think that's all the biggest ones ? )

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 27, 2019, 07:56:44 AM

There are other smaller, JP Brachs.  The JP3 Hasbro, the Papo, harder to find but Tsukuda made one.   Me I love them big, if it had been 10' tall I would have bought it..though it would have had to stay outdoors...   

This one easily goes with my Horizon, Sideshow Apato, Dino Riders Brontosaurus and the Playskool Ultrasaurus too.. ( I think that's all the biggest ones ? )

My DR Brontosaurus is completely dwarfed by this behemoth. I remember those days when I was absolutely blown away by the size of DR Brontosaurus and the Playskool Ultrasaurus (which I didn't own). Glad to see that Mattel didn't skimp out. I really hope they make a Mamenchi at some point.

Gwangi

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 27, 2019, 04:02:35 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 27, 2019, 07:56:44 AM

My DR Brontosaurus is completely dwarfed by this behemoth. I remember those days when I was absolutely blown away by the size of DR Brontosaurus and the Playskool Ultrasaurus (which I didn't own). Glad to see that Mattel didn't skimp out. I really hope they make a Mamenchi at some point.

CityRaptor

Look on my size, ye Mighty, and despair!
Look on my shipping costs, and despair even more!

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 27, 2019, 04:26:32 PM
Look on my size, ye Mighty, and despair!
Look on my shipping costs, and despair even more!
And look on my import taxes, and despair to the extreme!

Thankfully my parents got her for me for Christmas but I feel sorry for making them pay so much for it. Price was high but not scalper levels, but the shipping cost and those import taxes (screw those) made her very expensive.

Blade-of-the-Moon

If we get another large sauropod ( I recall Universal was originally against releasing one ) it would probably be an Apatosaurus.  They have given us minis of an Apato and Diplodocus but being the current films I would guess Apato is the most likely. I would like a Mamenchisaurus though..we really didn't get to see them much in The Lost World.   That also brings up another point. We only have a couple items from both TLW and JP3, still a lot of room there for Mattel to make things.

ITdactyl

Thanks for sharing that avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi .  That's a photo I didn't know I needed to see.  What a nice representation of the decades too. Big guns of the 80's, 90's and 2000's representing.

Dilopho

Can anyone else who has the Indominus rex tell me about the leg joints? I just picked it up today and it's really great, but the leg joints scare me a little due to how stiff they are and how they lock into place. The hips also move separately so idk how safe it is to try and move the legs independently.  Thanks.

Faelrin

Only the one leg can move independently, to a minor extant. However it can be posed to look up or down, which is tied into one of the features it has.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: