News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom by Mattel - new for 2019

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, August 04, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I figured I would give folks an update on my luck and lack of luck with the Battle Damage Spinosaurus and Legacy Brachiosaurus. The one Walmart store I called yesterday certainly has or had several of the Battle Damage Spinosaurus in stock which is good. Considering how many Walmarts are having an end cap with this alongside the Indominus rex and BD Super Colossal rex, stock should be plentiful for this. I'll have to wait a little bit to get to getting one though.

Bad news for the Brachiosaurus however. After calling several stores for the past several days straight I finally have some unfortunate answers. Store A that I called sold their last one on the 11th. Store B sold their last on the 16th. I was given info that the warehouse has been empty on them and while requests are made to carry this item by the stores employee's, nothing else can be done until or if the warehouse gets more in.

This lack of supply around here (if not elsewhere in the US like the Target Brachiosaurus page has me leading to think) currently leads me to believe this either is an issue with Target not carrying enough and/or not interested in carrying more then the initial stock (like the Spinogate issue), or Mattel seriously underestimated the demand for this item and now I and possibly others are in the lull while more product is made and then shipped to the US from the factory in China to customs and then to the distribution centers and then eventually the stores which I can only guess could take several weeks if not longer.

All I can do is be patient for now and hope that maybe by December I can finally get my hands on this one then.

And speaking of the Brachiosaurus if folks are not already aware here I heard that Kmart (online, but maybe in stores too) in Australia is now carrying this. I just wanted to give a heads up on that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tanystropheus

Why can't I check the online stock for Spinosaurus at Walmart? Whenever I click on the link it takes me to Indominus Rex (no point trying to sell me an item that I already own!)

Faelrin

avatar_tanystropheus @tanystropheus It does that for me too, and I've seen others mention the same. I would suggest calling your stores and ask them to check actual stock (assuming it has any and on the shelves).

ItsTwentyBelow

So, availability of the Brachiosaurus will probably vary, even across the US unfortunately for some.

I got lucky and checked at the Target nearest me yesterday, and they said they were getting a shipment of Brachys in today. Called in earlier today and the clerk said they'd been delivered nine of them!

I went in and picked one up soon after and the lady at the register also practically THREW a 25% off coupon at me, so it came out to $40 after tax! That coupon was from their holiday catalog, so now is the time to strike folks. Happy hunting.

Faelrin

I actually managed to catch it in stock online earlier today (and with free ship to store), and managed to get 10% off it because my dad is an Air Force veteran (because of their Veteran's day discount thing), which was nice (saved like $5).

I won't get my hands on it until next week though (probably since it is estimated to be there for pickup on the 13th (or I hope so), but I'm like so relieved to have this one so soon. I wasn't necessarily worried about not getting it, but when and for how much I would get it.

Edit: I forgot to mention I finally got the Mononykus today too (which was ordered from Amazon):

And here it is with the Beasts of the Mesozoic one (which was also my first acquired Mononykus figure):

Edit 2: In case it isn't clear, like some of Mattel's other figures it is out of scale with most of their figures, but it's a nice little toy regardless, especially since it is their first offering to have feathers although this was also because of the one in the film it was based on also had them.

ItsTwentyBelow

My god...this Brachiosaurus!!

Took her out of the box yesterday and after attaching the neck and tail, I was honestly a bit freaked out! This thing is HUGE. For some reason I didn't fully expect it to be quite so huge, but it's not like I didn't know.

After some massive shelf rearranging yesterday evening, I have her posed in a nice looking top shelf spot (that will also be easy for me to take it down from when I want) but I had to box up some Safaris/Collectas/Battats to make room.

The hands down centerpiece of my collection now. Gorgeous and impressive! My main hope is that the neck articulation doesn't fatigue over time and become super loose, but for now it is not  8)

Halichoeres

I'm not sure if people are still having trouble finding the Brachiosaurus, but I happened across one at a Target earlier this week. I didn't buy it, but I'm happy to keep an eye out if anybody still needs one.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dino Scream3232

So I was finally able to track down the Battle Damage Spinosaurus. Had a frustrating time getting one. Brickseek said two Walmart's near me had them in stock about two weeks ago. Went 20 times between both Walmart's over 12 days. One when has the planogram up in the seasonal aisle for over a week for them. Nothing every single time. Finally one the Walmart app it had them available for in store pickup with the aisle number listed. Went again and still nothing. So I ordered one for in store pickup while I was there. 20 minutes later get an email saying the order is delayed till Tuesday (I ordered on Saturday). Next get an email saying they are out of stock and the order is canceled. Ordered in store pickup from the other Walmart. Same thing 20 minutes later email about the order being delayed until tues. Then later on that day brickseek says out of stock on those two Walmart's despite them never putting out. Same thing on the Walmart app too. Was fully expecting to get another canceled email. But never got one. Finally Tuesday morning checked my order day it was out for delivery to the store (remember this store originally had them in stock but never put them out). So after all that I finally received my spinosaurus. So a very odd, confusing, and frustrating situation that had a happy ending. Hope everyone else has a easier finding one than me. So anyways here's my review on the big blue meanie. https://youtu.be/kq4fZDKOB7g

Appalachiosaurus

Finally got the Brachiosaurus, definitely the centerpiece of the collection.

Faelrin

avatar_Appalachiosaurus @Appalachiosaurus Congrats on finally picking the Brachiosaurus up. What a wonderful display and collection there too.

Primeval12

MLMjp

Quote from: primeval12 on November 11, 2019, 06:39:50 PM
So..... Where's Franklin?
Most likely canceled cause Mattel is not making more humans in the 3 3/4 inch scale, they will only be mede in the amber collection. Our only hope to get the 3 3/4inch humans back is with the toyline of Jurassic World 3, if Mattel does not bring them back by then, forget about humans, vehicles and playlets forever.

Kotori_Sonoda

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on November 07, 2019, 03:15:45 AM
So I was finally able to track down the Battle Damage Spinosaurus. Had a frustrating time getting one. Brickseek said two Walmart's near me had them in stock about two weeks ago. Went 20 times between both Walmart's over 12 days. One when has the planogram up in the seasonal aisle for over a week for them. Nothing every single time. Finally one the Walmart app it had them available for in store pickup with the aisle number listed. Went again and still nothing. So I ordered one for in store pickup while I was there. 20 minutes later get an email saying the order is delayed till Tuesday (I ordered on Saturday). Next get an email saying they are out of stock and the order is canceled. Ordered in store pickup from the other Walmart. Same thing 20 minutes later email about the order being delayed until tues. Then later on that day brickseek says out of stock on those two Walmart's despite them never putting out. Same thing on the Walmart app too. Was fully expecting to get another canceled email. But never got one. Finally Tuesday morning checked my order day it was out for delivery to the store (remember this store originally had them in stock but never put them out). So after all that I finally received my spinosaurus. So a very odd, confusing, and frustrating situation that had a happy ending. Hope everyone else has a easier finding one than me. So anyways here's my review on the big blue meanie. https://youtu.be/kq4fZDKOB7g

I've given up hope on this figure since my country seems to have passed on the Battle damage assortment entirely, but man it looks cool. It may not be movie accurate but I like the colors and I actually like how they implemented the battle damage, since you can pose another dinosaur biting the skin off him!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.

Jurassic Park toys collector

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: MLMjp on November 11, 2019, 07:26:23 PM
Most likely canceled cause Mattel is not making more humans in the 3 3/4 inch scale, they will only be mede in the amber collection. Our only hope to get the 3 3/4inch humans back is with the toyline of Jurassic World 3, if Mattel does not bring them back by then, forget about humans, vehicles and playlets forever.

Do we have word from Mattel that they will no longer release 3 3/4 inch humans? That's a shame, because human figures have always been central to the Jurassic toy lines. I've been noticing that pretty much everywhere but my local Fred Meyer and Target do not even have space for them any more. I was looking forward to finding Franklin since I have Claire and the Baryonyx too.

I wonder why they didn't sell as well? I don't remember the humans being that much less popular when the toy lines in the 90s were being sold when I was a kid. Maybe there being 10 different versions of Owen killed everything for kids and/or parents this generation?

The Legacy humans must have sold well, I would be surprised to hear that they did not. But what do I know? So much more potential there like Nedry and Dr. Harding, plus characters that have never had a figure like Arnold and everyone's favorite T. rex fodder, Gennaro. Plus the "baby dino" figures to accompany each of those are obvious!  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Franklin is supposed to be back in the next film last  I heard so they might release him then.   I havent seen any of the human figures on walmart's planograms or ads. It looks like they dropped that part of the line for now. 

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on November 11, 2019, 07:26:23 PM

I can see you're an optimist.

We are in the inbetween stage right now, two years since the last movie and a year till the next one. We aren't getting many playsets because the toyline is on the back burner until interest ramps up again.

Faelrin

I think perhaps the largest factors for why humans sold poorly was an over abundance of Owen and shortage of the other film characters (and possibly only the adult collectors were really interested in them though). Heck my local Targets are still carrying a few 2018 humans that haven't sold in over a year now. The Legacy humans ended up being shelf warmers here (exception with Ellie and Ian) until being clearanced off not once, but twice, because of poor distribution of them world wide and an abundance of stock going to Target (which might be why they canned carrying those raptor story pack sets. They probably didn't want to deal with those possibly shelf warming). Additionally children are possibly more interested in the creatures which could also cause poor sales of humans. Additionally in 2019 many stores are not or have not carried any of the new humans which again leads me to guess either bad sales if not another reason like poor distribution.

It no doubt contributed to Hammond being a SDCC (and Universal parks) exclusive, aside from him being an older man that the main demographic is not likely going to be interested in.

My guess is that Franklin was canceled due to these reasons, and is likely the driving force behind why 2020 will not have any new humans, which if I recall correctly either Jurassic Outpost or Collect Jurassic confirmed to be the case.

2021 might have new humans and vehicles because of it being a film year and the demand will likely be stronger then, but honestly who knows. I'm not feeling too hopeful, which is sad as I was still wanting to see them make a Ford Explorer and Nedry but I'm not sure if I should keep holding out for them. And this is coming from someone who is primarily interested in collecting the creatures anyways. Yet it wouldn't be Jurassic Park or World if not for the possible interactions with people as a consequence of prehistoric creatures being brought back from extinction.

Loon

I feel that, realistically, we won't see any new humans until the next movie. Franklin's is the only one announced so far. I image he'll pop up in some discount retail chain in Europe for 1.99  in like 3 years.

I wonder if packing in the humans with dinosaurs, like in that horrid Jumanji line, would be better.

Takama

Personally, i never gave that much care for the Human figures. However i was looking forward to getting Fraklin because he was suposed to have come with the Microceratus.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on November 12, 2019, 10:52:46 PM
Personally, i never gave that much care for the Human figures. However i was looking forward to getting Fraklin because he was suposed to have come with the Microceratus.

The same reason why I would also pick it up  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: