News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2019

Started by Takama, August 13, 2018, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Schleich has done well with the juvenile Giganotosaurus,  the Dracorex and the Diabloceratops.  Let us hope they keep this level.

Jose S.M.

I like the color scheme on this one but I prefer the Safari Diablo. Schleich has released some pretty good figures in recent years. Let's hope they keep on this path of improvement. Remember what collectA used to be and how it is now, there's promise here too.

Shonisaurus

I pass the video of the juvenile giganotosaurus of Schleich 2019 of Andy's Dinosaur Reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIOvkUrgVH0&feature=em-uploademail

The figure passes as one of the best carnivorous theropods of Schleich made so far along with the adult tyrannosaurus and the juvenile Schleich.

The positive that is very detailed and has a very detailed sculpture.

The negative is that it lacks lips, something that does not happen with the theropods of PNSO, Eofauna or Safari for giving three examples, and the feet have a painting that sincerely gives it an appearance as if it were wearing riding boots. On the other hand it is also true that he has too big feet but for my part and I know that it is a very unpopular opinion I prefer a carnivorous theropod with "clown feet" but that you do not have stability problems as they have magnificent figures with proportionate feet and that They have to keep on removable bases. Otherwise I would put a note of 7.9 out of 10 is a very good figure and very worthy and recommended for those who collect toy figures of dinosaurs that for me are figures of pure collecting.

tanystropheus

The Giga looks pretty decent (it would have benefited tremendously from less symmetrical teeth) but I would be embarrassed to place that side by side with my Eofauna version or even the upcoming Papo version j/k  ;)

Killekor

As usual, the promotional pictures of the Dracorex ruined it.
Seriously, it looks amazing! It is probably the best Schleich figure ever!
It's a must have for me.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 14, 2019, 07:33:18 AM
The Giga looks pretty decent (it would have benefited tremendously from less symmetrical teeth) but I would be embarrassed to place that side by side with my Eofauna version or even the upcoming Papo version j/k  ;)

Are you implying that Papo is going to perform the long-awaited giganotosaurus? I wish it was not your speculation and it was a well-founded rumor. I'm looking forward to a Papo giganotosaurus. On the other hand I agree with what you comment about the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna I think it is superior to its Schleich counterpart without that means that Schleich with that giganotosaurus has made the best of that genre to date.

Libraraptor

The Giganotosaurus is as one of very few other Schleich figures made from the more Bullyland like, very light rubber.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 16, 2019, 10:42:29 PM

Are you implying that Papo is going to perform the long-awaited giganotosaurus? I wish it was not your speculation and it was a well-founded rumor. I'm looking forward to a Papo giganotosaurus. On the other hand I agree with what you comment about the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna I think it is superior to its Schleich counterpart without that means that Schleich with that giganotosaurus has made the best of that genre to date.

It will come out eventually but I am under the impression that Papo repurposed their originally planned Giga schematics to make the Acrocanthosaurus. Papo also needs to update a number of their dinosaurs including, the T-rex, Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops and Pteranodon as they are all either outdated or can benefit from a new sculpt (not repaint). Also, now that Sinoceratops is under the radar...

japfeif

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 18, 2019, 09:40:07 AM

Well, a couple of weeks ago I finally got the last of this year's Schleichs. As predicted, the Dracorex and the Diablo are awesome. The Giga I'm not crazy impressed with, mainly because of the weirdly flattened & symmetrical teeth, but also that I'm not terribly fond of the "juvie" dinos, and even if it's not actually SUPPOSED to be a juvenile, as someone hypothesized, it still looks kinda "cutesy" to me. Possible because it's been built up so much in speculation that I guess the actual thing was bound to be a bit of a letdown.

On the other hand, the Plesiosaurus, while not a great figure by any standards, is not as bad in person as in the pics....again, maybe because this one was already doomed to fail before it even came out based on the pics, and when actually in hand it's not....horrible. Well, not as horrible as I was fearing!  :D
(I'll just stick him in the back on my shelf!)

mgaguilar

For those in the states, the new schleich figures are now available via Prime shipping:
https://www.amazon.com/Schleich-15014-Dracorex/dp/B07LB5X96X/

Kileskus

It will come out eventually but I am under the impression that Papo repurposed their originally planned Giga schematics to make the Acrocanthosaurus. Papo also needs to update a number of their dinosaurs including, the T-rex, Allosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops and Pteranodon as they are all either outdated or can benefit from a new sculpt (not repaint). Also, now that Sinoceratops is under the radar...
A am quite disagree with that. These Papo dinosaurs are really not accurate, but other conpanies released their better figures, while a hundreds of other species are missing any figures AT ALL. Papo trike is not good, but remember chasmosaurus and centrosaurus, a truly classic ceratopsians that havent any figure that isnt an overscaled BoM or some miniature. Same with parasaurolophus. Why "stock dinosaurs" are needing a permanent accurate representation, while other taxa are have nothing, and nobody cares? For me, a permanent wanting of Papo giganotosaurus is childish caprice, because we already got amazing Vitae and Eofauna gigas, while a lot of species, as i said, got nothing. I also have a huge premonition of potentionally released Papo giga, that would have some their standart problems, like crazy pose or different proportions.

CityRaptor

Well, that is how it goes. Everyone needs to produce the Stock Dinosaurs to stay more relevant.

Speaking of Stock Dinosaurs, Schleich can be found in Happy Meals, and guess which 4 are getting variants for that?

Is this just me or does that T.rex have three fingered hands?

Also coming soon is this Advent Calendar, which is hilariously out of scale:
https://www.schleich-s.com/de/DE/dinosaurs/produkte/adventskalender-dinosaurs-2019-97982.html
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

Quote from: Kileskus on September 01, 2019, 06:41:05 AM

A am quite disagree with that. These Papo dinosaurs are really not accurate.

You can't disagree. Those earlier generation Papos were not meant to be accurate. They were based on the JP license and were relatively faithful interpretations as far as the films were concerned. Of course, there are more expensive better versions (e.g. REBOR, DamToys, SideShow, Nammu etc.).

Halichoeres

Quote from: Kileskus on September 01, 2019, 06:41:05 AM

A am quite disagree with that. These Papo dinosaurs are really not accurate, but other conpanies released their better figures, while a hundreds of other species are missing any figures AT ALL. Papo trike is not good, but remember chasmosaurus and centrosaurus, a truly classic ceratopsians that havent any figure that isnt an overscaled BoM or some miniature. Same with parasaurolophus. Why "stock dinosaurs" are needing a permanent accurate representation, while other taxa are have nothing, and nobody cares? For me, a permanent wanting of Papo giganotosaurus is childish caprice, because we already got amazing Vitae and Eofauna gigas, while a lot of species, as i said, got nothing. I also have a huge premonition of potentionally released Papo giga, that would have some their standart problems, like crazy pose or different proportions.

I agree. I'm really tired of the same few dinosaurs getting endless retreads.

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 01, 2019, 10:59:42 PM
Also coming soon is this Advent Calendar, which is hilariously out of scale:
https://www.schleich-s.com/de/DE/dinosaurs/produkte/adventskalender-dinosaurs-2019-97982.html

This is somehow worse than the 2016 advent calendar, which at least had the ammonites and the (cf.) Potanichthys. And they included an agave again, a plant group that probably didn't evolve until the Paleogene.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

I wish they would release the advent calendar ammonites and (cf.) Potanichthys as standalone releases, or as a mini figure box set.
Hell maybe throw in that prehistoric frog and the mini bearded dragon into the box set as well.

DragonRider02

Tbh I would buy that calendar Just for that tiny Quetzalcoatlus.

Shonisaurus

In my case I am not going to spend for these novelties of Schleich, the only one that interests me is the spinosaurus variant of color but the rest I have them all. It would be wasting my money to buy these figures taking into account that the others already have them on my shelves. That money I prefer to dedicate to more valuable figures of Schleich for example some of the novelties of Schleich 2020 that are equal or better than their spinosaurus, diabloceratops and dracrorex.

Halichoeres

Quote from: DragonRider02 on September 04, 2019, 02:24:08 PM

You can get it in the nest set: https://www.amazon.com/Schleich-America-Dinosaur-Quetzalcoatlus-Playset/dp/B0743VM7V4

(This was the first result on Google; I'm confident you can find it for cheaper elsewhere)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DragonRider02

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 06, 2019, 01:04:08 PM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on September 04, 2019, 02:24:08 PM

You can get it in the nest set: https://www.amazon.com/Schleich-America-Dinosaur-Quetzalcoatlus-Playset/dp/B0743VM7V4

(This was the first result on Google; I'm confident you can find it for cheaper elsewhere)
I know, I would buy it but I already have the large Blue Quetzalcoatlus

terrorchicken

I hate how the eggs in these sets are like those clear Easter eggs you buy at craft shops. Cant they at least try to make them look more natural?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: