News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Giganotosaurus

Started by Reptilia, October 06, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauropelta

Sauropelta (Meaning 'lizard shield') is a genus of nodosaurid dinosaur that existed in the Early Cretaceous Period of North America. One species (S. edwardsorum) has been named although others may have existed. Anatomically, Sauropelta is one of the most well-understood nodosaurids, with fossilized remains recovered in the U.S. states of Wyoming, Montana, and possibly Utah.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Sauropelta @Sauropelta Thanks for the comparative photos of the giganotosaurus prototype and the real giganosaurus of Eofauna. Honestly the prototype was by far much better than the dinosaur that is commercialized in sculpture and painting. Although I am a fan of Eofauna I have to recognize now that the quality of the actual product differs unfavorably from the company's giganotosaurus presented in photographs that sincerely made me fall in love with that product.

I hope that the giganotosaurus sold in January-February is much better than that figure shown by the Monsterhouse company, is undoubtedly a bit frustrating, regardless that it remains a large sculpture the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna and although it will buy To swell my collection of dinosaurs sincerely the initial giganotosaurus announced by Eofauna had a charm that the Monsterhouse figure lacks to a large extent.

Hopefully the prototypes announced by other companies of prehistoric toy animals do not differ as much as that of Eofauna or the theropods of Mojo 2018 and that they maintain the charm of their prototypes and are more than equal or brighter than these, for example the company Collecta.

ceratopsian

I think we should wait to see Eofauna's own images before getting too agitated.  There is a strong green cast on that Monsterhouse photo.  It really is just a snapshot.

terrorchicken

also the legs look shorter/chunkier and head stretched out, there's def something off about the photo.

ok I saw the other pics, the biggest difference is the color, it looks "muddier"...

Eofauna

Quote from: Sauropelta on November 23, 2018, 10:41:52 PM

Hi collectors!

We would like to let you know that our promotional photos, are NOT taken on the prototype but on final PVC sample. Thus the scupture is exactly the same in both comparisons photos. The different lights of both photos disturb the colors and details a lot, obviously a studio photo can not be compared with a phone photo. We recommend to wait to have on hands for a more objective opinion on the figure.

Kind regards,

Thanks!

Eofauna

Shonisaurus

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna Thank you Eofauna for your clarification. So, fortunately, the real figure does not differ with the prototype. Anyway, I have already ordered it at urzeitshop.de and I hope to receive it at the end of January beginning of February.  :)

It is grateful that a company of your quality intervenes in the conversations of the forum is a deference that very few companies of prehistoric animal models do with which we are members of DTF. Your clarifications have left me calm and I see that you will be the giganotosaurus of your company one of the best figures of dinosaurs of 2019 at the level of toy dinosaur brands.

Eofauna

No problem. There might be some differences on paint job as the samples we receive are sightly better painted than mass production, but the difference is small. The warm light used on the studio photo session, makes the colors look somewhat lighter.

We are very happy to be in contact with you, collectors, your comments are always welcome, they help us to improve and be better.

Minmiminime

avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna thank you for your reassurance ^-^ Regardless of any minor differences, this will still be one of the most beautiful dinosaur models available, and I'm greatly looking forward to receiving mine!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Dinoreplicas

Achieving good colour accuracy in photography can be tricky, even for some pros. Also don't trust the results from phone cameras, they are designed for generic use and their results can be thrown off in certain lighting situations.

One thing that occurred to me is that some folk here like to do figure re-paints. I'd love to see a great custom paint job on this model, it  just oozes potential for it.

Syndicate Bias

Rejoice its actually not as bad as MHHK made it out to be its on point!

suspsy

I still wonder how well it stands up on its own.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PhilSauria

What a great image! So looking forward to being able to place an order for one of these. Available here (Australia) late Dec / early Jan I'm told.

mgaguilar

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on December 05, 2018, 01:56:59 AM

Rejoice its actually not as bad as MHHK made it out to be its on point!

That image is BAE.
But also the colors of the paint job in that image looks just like the Battat Terra T-Rex. It's fascinating how similar the tonalities of the colors are.

Minmiminime

Ah, that's truly gorgeous 😻 Thank you for sharing, S @Syndicate Bias !
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

In my case I ordered the giganotosaurus in urzeitshop.de and in fact I bought it. I am waiting for your arrival home, I hope you will receive it soon Miromimus, is one of the most awaited figures in my collection with the infamous Indoraptor also pre-ordered.

Syndicate Bias

Good news again! I contacted the person that posted these pictures initially on FB and they have also just made a video of the Eofauna Giganotosaurus!

Its a quick look but nonetheless this is a very exciting release from Eofauna I cannot wait to have 3 of these in my hands! 😊

https://youtu.be/FU3MTqW3JtQ

tanystropheus

If I was Eofauna, I would be incredibly disappointed with MHHK. It's almost as if MHHK made the product look far worse than it is. Perhaps, not give MHHK early samples for the next round unless they  can get someone to take decent pictures (not the type of low quality pictures that are reserved for cryptids).

Overall, I quite like the paint job, even though it does have a very strong battat flair to it.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 05, 2018, 07:23:51 PM
If I was Eofauna, I would be incredibly disappointed with MHHK. It's almost as if MHHK made the product look far worse than it is. Perhaps, not give MHHK early samples for the next round unless they  can get someone to take decent pictures (not the type of low quality pictures that are reserved for cryptids).

Overall, I quite like the paint job, even though it does have a very strong battat flair to it.

Totally agree with you regarding the photographs taken of the Eitan giganotosaurus were deceptive and disappointing. Fortunately, he is the great figure he had always wanted to collect from a giganotosaurus.

It seems that Monsterhouse by the way, magnificent Chinese seller of which I am a client made an error in making such photographs, the giganotosaurus had gone tarnished. It will be one of my favorite figures for the year 2019 if it is not surpassed by another theropod or another prehistoric mammal by Eofauna.

At first glance the texture I see it smooth and clean like its prehistoric proboscides and fortunately it remains standing without problems of sustainability. Five stars for Eofauna on my part and note of honor plate at the time of making such a figure. It will make a good set with my Safari carnotaurus and also with the one sold from Collecta this coming year.

On the other hand if the style according to you is similar to Battat for me it is very good news. The dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of Battat are legendary and compare even if only in the painting to this awesome giganotosaurus of Eofauna with the figures of Battat for me the positive appreciation of this figure. I agree in many aspects with you regarding the giganotosaurus of Eofauna that I will wait to receive it at the end of January in the best of cases by urzeitshop, at least that is what I expect.

On the other hand the video is sincerely to "open mouth" with said product. I will still have a lot to look forward to that beauty.

Reptilia

Honestly I don't like, and don't understand, the bright red they used for the inside of the mouth. A muted down colour would have worked far better, this way looks unnatural and gives the figure a toyish, cheap feel. Still an amazing sculpt though.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on December 05, 2018, 09:25:32 PM
Honestly I don't like, and don't understand, the bright red they used for the inside of the mouth. A muted down colour would have worked far better, this way looks unnatural and gives the figure a toyish, cheap feel. Still an amazing sculpt though.

After viewing the video, I don't think the inside of the mouth is bright red. It is an illusion that is produced because the dinosaur's body uses subdued and somewhat faded paint schemes. This creates a high level of contrast between the mouth and the rest of the model.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: