News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Giganotosaurus

Started by Reptilia, October 06, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Concavenator on January 22, 2019, 02:17:16 PM
Th skull is kinda shrink wrapped  :-\ otherwise it looks very good
Not really, it's far less shrink-wrapped than your profile pic. This Giga has brow ridges but doesn't have sunken eye sockets or anything.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Fembrogon

Mine arrived from ED over the weekend; that was a great surprise to come home to!

Here are some comparison shots:

Without a doubt, this is a marvelous figure. Mine teeters a little bit, but otherwise stands just fine. I'd still love to review this one!

Shonisaurus

I have since before the giganotosaurus of Eofauna, the details and the modeling is excellent, the only problem that my figure poses is that it has no sustainability, I have it in my shelves but with the plastic support that came along with the packaging, if It was not as I indicated by the sustainability problems would be a figure of honor registration. From my point of view, it would have been preferable if Eofauna had done it with a fixed base.

That will not be an impediment on my part for this figure to be one of the ten best figures of the year 2019. My vote for this figure of Eofauna is guaranteed.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 23, 2019, 07:43:17 AM
I have since before the giganotosaurus of Eofauna, the details and the modeling is excellent, the only problem that my figure poses is that it has no sustainability, I have it in my shelves but with the plastic support that came along with the packaging, if It was not as I indicated by the sustainability problems would be a figure of honor registration. From my point of view, it would have been preferable if Eofauna had done it with a fixed base.

That will not be an impediment on my part for this figure to be one of the ten best figures of the year 2019. My vote for this figure of Eofauna is guaranteed.

As a rectification, it is a figure of honor registration. I just received an e-mail from Eofauna communicating with an explanatory photo that the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna is perfectly standing. I send the message left by the members of Eofauna explaining to me how I should keep upright and without falls that outstanding figure completely pass the text of the message except my real name,

Eofauna statement

Hi,

We've read that your Giga does not stand well. The figure should be very stable, but some figures may suffer some distortions in transportation. In order to recover its original stability you should do the next:

Following the next photo, its stability should be corrected. You have to have some force on the legs to the inner side of the figure as if your fingers were a clamp.

If you are still in trouble, feel free to contact us again.

Best!

As always, this company is deferential and courteous with clients, for me they have a ten in attention and cordiality.

KeU

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 23, 2019, 01:26:47 AM
Mine arrived from ED over the weekend; that was a great surprise to come home to!
Here are some comparison shots:
Without a doubt, this is a marvelous figure. Mine teeters a little bit, but otherwise stands just fine. I'd still love to review this one!
Great photos.
It displays really well next to Dan's Tyrannosaurus.

DinoToyCollector

I wish I could share more than this:

:-[

Very nice comparison shots!

Minmiminime

Oh no, avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector :-[ That's a real shame, how disappointing for you! I've never seen a toy dinosaur arrive in that condition before. Very bad luck, hope you get it sorted soon
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

BRONSON

At least we now know how its constructed, make sure there is no damage to its head and use a small amount of Araldite epoxy glue to stick it back only if its undamaged.

Fembrogon

^^^Yikes!! Something clearly went wrong with that one. I actually discovered an issue with my own today - the very tip of the tail has a scuff! NOOOOOOOOOO-

Okay, I kid, that's not an issue I'm concerned about.  :)) I hope you can get yours replaced, avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector. In all seriousness, avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna seems to be doing a very good job at reaching out to their customers and guaranteeing quality, which is most commendable.

I shot some more photos today, comparing with the prior Eofauna releases and some assorted sauropods:

Run for your lives; there's a new carnosaur toy in town!

suspsy

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on January 23, 2019, 09:18:09 PM
I wish I could share more than this:

:-[

I should hope that you will be reimbursed for that!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollectorI suppose that not only will you be reimbursed for the money, but you will be sent a new giganotosaurus from Eofauna for free in replacement for the damaged figure. The responsibility is of the online store or of the carriers that by accident destroyed that figure from my humble point of view.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: BRONSON on January 23, 2019, 10:46:09 PM
[...] At least we now know how its constructed [...]

Yes, you always have to see the positive   :))

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus & avatar_suspsy @suspsy
Oh, that's no big deal. I think that everything will turn out well. I'll probably get a new model from the store. I do not want to blame anyone. In my view, it's just bad luck. Such things happen and as an online shop, you know the risk of such things.
Having already been able to see the giganotosaurus so close, I'm looking forward to it even more. The wait is rather the bad thing  ;)

Dimitar_E

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 23, 2019, 01:19:03 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 23, 2019, 07:43:17 AM

As a rectification, it is a figure of honor registration. I just received an e-mail from Eofauna communicating with an explanatory photo that the Giganotosaurus of Eofauna is perfectly standing. I send the message left by the members of Eofauna explaining to me how I should keep upright and without falls that outstanding figure completely pass the text of the message except my real name,

Eofauna statement

Hi,

We've read that your Giga does not stand well. The figure should be very stable, but some figures may suffer some distortions in transportation. In order to recover its original stability you should do the next:

Following the next photo, its stability should be corrected. You have to have some force on the legs to the inner side of the figure as if your fingers were a clamp.

If you are still in trouble, feel free to contact us again.

Best!

As always, this company is deferential and courteous with clients, for me they have a ten in attention and cordiality.

Million thanks to Shonisaurus for the forwarded advice 👍
Mine came totally unbalanced (although in it's plastic tray) and this helped a lot. 48 hours and still standing perfectly upright!
Just one clarification - you have to force the legs to the inner side, that means front-back direction, not left-right. At least with my Giga. :)

Shonisaurus

You're welcome D @Dimitar_E  everything we can to contribute to the forum positive members is always welcome.  :)

DinoToyCollector

Much earlier than expected, I got my Giganotosaurus today  ;D
When I saw the first pictures, I was curious how the color would look in nature. But the figure looks original as the promo picture, as already discussed.

Since there are already many pictures, I wanted to add some different views here:

The figure is very well balanced. I like that - overall, I like this figure very much.

But again I seem to have bad luck: the left arm on the new figure looks very strange. The broken model does not have that. (Sorry for the blurry images)

Mister "Headless" and Mister "broken arm"

Does anyone have any idea if I can bend my arm?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Apply heat with a hairdryer, should open up and swing out.

DinoToyCollector

Thanks for the quick tip avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon . Although it did not just swing out, it worked perfectly. Now I can sleep peacefully  :)

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on January 25, 2019, 07:11:06 PM
Thanks for the quick tip avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon . Although it did not just swing out, it worked perfectly. Now I can sleep peacefully  :)

Yeez where are you buying them from? Seems like the worst shipping service

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on January 25, 2019, 07:11:06 PM

No problem, prob more like slowly eased open. heh  They get warm somewhere and packed tightly and that happens to a lot of figures especially ones made like this. 

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Oh dear avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector you seem to have terrible luck with that Giganotosaurus. Will you try to get another one or just fix the second?

Congrats everyone, it seems the Giganotosaurus is being picked up everywhere. I myself have just picked it up, as wEll as Eofauna's Steppe Mammoth (completing the trio) and Safari Ltd Woolly Rhino (Coeolodonta).

I can also confirm the Giganotosaurus is listed as No. 3, and the Mammoth as No. 1.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: