News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna 1:35 Giganotosaurus

Started by Reptilia, October 06, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 25, 2019, 07:40:05 PM
Yeez where are you buying them from? Seems like the worst shipping service

S @Syndicate Bias
No, because I got a quick replacement and the other figures (of the same delivery) were in great condition, it's just bad luck. I'm not going to tell where I got the figures from, so as not to hurt the dealer's reputation (which is not necessary, as he's not responsible for the second figure).

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 25, 2019, 07:54:18 PM
Oh dear avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector you seem to have terrible luck with that Giganotosaurus. Will you try to get another one or just fix the second?

I already bent the arm of the figure back. I'm going to miss another replacement as the Giganotosaurus now looks the way it should.
I'm happy now  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

DanDinosaurs just shipped mine, we'll see.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 26, 2019, 07:26:56 AM

DD is usually pretty good about their services. I don't think I've encountered any bad retailers so far. Except maybe buying stuff off of EBay because people   :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 26, 2019, 07:44:21 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 26, 2019, 07:26:56 AM

DD is usually pretty good about their services. I don't think I've encountered any bad retailers so far. Except maybe buying stuff off of EBay because people   :P

Yeah Dan is a collector too, so he checks everyone's orders before mailing them out. eBay..is..50/50 shot.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on January 24, 2019, 01:11:03 PM
Quote from: DinoToyCollector on January 23, 2019, 09:18:09 PM
I wish I could share more than this:

:-[

I should hope that you will be reimbursed for that!

Yeah, that pic reminded me of some of the Mortal Kombat 11 fatalities.... :o

gnetum2015

I got my Giga from Urzeitshop - but the Giga hadn't any chance to stand on his own feet.
I send him back and will get my money back soon. I wished Eofauna would create the Giga with a base like the one of Safari and many other Therapods from Collecta.  I do not buy any Dinos to have hard work preparing them with steam, ice or something else. Eofauna should think about the problem in future. So I will take my repaid money to PNSO...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: gnetum2015 on January 30, 2019, 10:50:58 PM
I got my Giga from Urzeitshop - but the Giga hadn't any chance to stand on his own feet.
I send him back and will get my money back soon. I wished Eofauna would create the Giga with a base like the one of Safari and many other Therapods from Collecta.  I do not buy any Dinos to have hard work preparing them with steam, ice or something else. Eofauna should think about the problem in future. So I will take my repaid money to PNSO...

Well it's not all that hard to fix something like this that occurs all the time. Search the forum and you can find a multitude of similar problems, fixes and opinions.

Eofauna

Dear G @gnetum2015

We are sorry about your received Giga. It is a pity you returned it because it is very easy to recover its stability. It was earlier explained in the forum how to do it.

Following the next image: https://ton.twitter.com/1.1/ton/data/dm/1086237216786001925/1086237039106904064/PWwY3ZGb.jpg:large

It has just to do some force on the legs to the inner side of the figure as if your fingers were a clamp, and problem solved.

Also, we are going to prepare a document with the correct position of the footprints, so anyone can print it at home and correct their Gigas stability if necessary.

Best!

Eofauna

BRONSON

Quote from: Eofauna on January 31, 2019, 09:51:20 AM
Dear G @gnetum2015

We are sorry about your received Giga. It is a pity you returned it because it is very easy to recover its stability. It was earlier explained in the forum how to do it.

Following the next image: https://ton.twitter.com/1.1/ton/data/dm/1086237216786001925/1086237039106904064/PWwY3ZGb.jpg:large

It has just to do some force on the legs to the inner side of the figure as if your fingers were a clamp, and problem solved.

Also, we are going to prepare a document with the correct position of the footprints, so anyone can print it at home and correct their Gigas stability if necessary.

Best!

Eofauna

That link does not work mate.  ;)

Eofauna

Fembrogon

Your communication remains most commendable, avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna; be sure that it is appreciated!

mgaguilar

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 31, 2019, 10:40:59 PM
Your communication remains most commendable, avatar_Eofauna @Eofauna; be sure that it is appreciated!

Definitely the reason why I will be a return customer to Eofauna, besides the beautiful product.
Absolutely wonderful.

Shonisaurus

The deal with customers by Eofauna is great. Sincerely, the business team of Eofauna is loved.

Fembrogon

Well, my figure had its first tumble this morning; but after a couple takes of hot water and squeezing the legs, the figure is standing without trouble again - possibly even better than before.

*edit* It fell over again this evening... so now I'm doing rubber band treatment.

PhilSauria

It's unfortunate to read of many instances now of this figure taking a tumble.

I have one on order and can see another home-made base coming into play here, so time to crack open a packet of air drying clay and ready the blu-tack on its arrival.

Minmiminime

Ah, the curse of the bipedal theropod model..! Mine's still fine on most surfaces but doesn't like our coffee table any more. Hot water treatment is a wonderful thing ;) Says a lot about the integrity of the paintwork that it's barely damaged despite the odd fall; I've found that the paint comes off some figures if you just look at them the wrong way, but not this one
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

gnetum2015

Hello Eofauna,

you make such beautiful models, and yes, the Giga is the third of them. Nowbody begins perfect, we all are learning all life long. But in the past I worked sometimes with hot air, hot water, the refrigerator and so on. Sometimes there were only few days, sometimes some month, but always the problems with legs and feets comes back. So maybe the way of safaris Giga and some Therapods of Collecta with a continius base would not the way for everybody - but the way of PNSO for me is the best. You get a base, you can use it or not, and sometimes you can glue the model to a good looking base. In your Giga case I could only take a Stone or some plastic to glue it.  With a base, that could be used or not, could be glued or not, there is an ability for every customer. At your turn I would think about this solution for your Therapods in future (which would be as good as your recent modells, they are great).

best

ceratopsian

In the end, I refrained from purchasing this model mostly because of worries about its long-term stability.  Yes, I could get busy with hot/cold treatment to rectify any problem - but it would come back at some point.  It's also a big concern to me that when it falls over, it will take other models with it and damage them.  I'm not "handy" enough to make my own bases.  I have a couple of larger theropods that stand either by leaning over a poor herbivore or that stand at the side/rear of my shelves leaning their nose against the glass for a bit of extra support - but after a few years' collecting I have come to the conclusion that I don't want to do that too often.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Falling models is nothing really new to me, as a kid most of my toys had to lean on something. We've had the big feet vs base discussions before too.  I think just either getting the company to provide a cheap clear plastic stand or we just improvise one is the best solution.

My one complaint with this piece is the teeth aren't very sharp, the larger ones look sort of globular. For a Safari or Schleich I would have expected that, but this is a more expensive model so I feel nitpicking that is ok.

Concavenator

Did your Giganotosaurus arrive already, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon ?Does yours stand?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: