News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Eofauna - new for 2019

Started by Dan, October 14, 2018, 06:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Flaffy on November 22, 2019, 12:02:15 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on November 21, 2019, 11:31:23 PM
...... The yellow band is distinctive and it's not something that I would have a hard time imagining in a real, living animal.

Ringneck snakes exist

^just say your picture. Exactly what I was thinking when they revealed it! looks serpentine

Ravonium

Personally, I like that the Atlasaurus colouration appears reptilian, but doesn't go out of its way to do so.

Fenestra

Quote from: Fenestra on November 21, 2019, 04:20:07 PM
Wonderful!  ^-^
Mine will be here next week. I can hardly wait!

Look who's here already!

Concavenator

On their website it may say that it will arrive the 26th, but Urzeitshop told me via Facebook that they have it in stock now, so here it is:

https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/eofauna/3349-atlasaurus-dinosaur-figure-by-eofauna.html?search_query=Atlasaurus+&results=1

Loon

In Plastic Prehistorica's most recent video she said Eofauna (via Everything Dinosaur) should be revealing 2 new figures soon. Has anyone else heard about this?

Joey

It's definitely possible that they'll reveal some figures soon, may it be this year or early (January) of next year.

Concavenator

In which video did she say that? Her most recent video is a review of the new Papo Spinosaurus. I have seen that video and I didn't hear anything about Eofauna. I also saw her Eofauna Atlasaurus review and didn't hear anything about upcoming releases either.

Lanthanotus

Still being in the process of organizing all those stuff we own in our new house I stumbled upon the several Eofauna cards
that go with the figures. Especially nice is, that the cards show the animals in just the same pose as they are sculpted....
however, the statistics are somewhat weird, for example I can`t by no means imaging how a 20 ton four legged behemoth
as the Atlasaurus should move up to 34 km/h fast, but hey..... and what do these fans/stars in the upper corner mean?

Well, for all of you who do not have them... enjoy :)

Duna

Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 08, 2019, 12:55:40 PM
Still being in the process of organizing all those stuff we own in our new house I stumbled upon the several Eofauna cards
that go with the figures. Especially nice is, that the cards show the animals in just the same pose as they are sculpted....
however, the statistics are somewhat weird, for example I can`t by no means imaging how a 20 ton four legged behemoth
as the Atlasaurus should move up to 34 km/h fast, but hey..... and what do these fans/stars in the upper corner mean?

Well, for all of you who do not have them... enjoy :)

Thank you for posting all your card pics! If had enough room I'll get also the elephants, they are so nice.

Loon

Quote from: Concavenator on December 08, 2019, 09:48:20 AM

In which video did she say that? Her most recent video is a review of the new Papo Spinosaurus. I have seen that video and I didn't hear anything about Eofauna. I also saw her Eofauna Atlasaurus review and didn't hear anything about upcoming releases either.

I could've have sworn I heard it in the Spinosaurus video, but now, I'm not sure. I'll have go back through my watch history to see where I heard it.

Faelrin

Those cards are absolutely gorgeous. I kind of regret not having any of these yet. They certainly would be nice to have on display alongside the figures for sure.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

Quote from: Loon on December 08, 2019, 05:18:53 AM
In Plastic Prehistorica's most recent video she said Eofauna (via Everything Dinosaur) should be revealing 2 new figures soon. Has anyone else heard about this?
Any update on this? I could've sworn I heard that Eofauna was gonna reveal another 2 figures at the end of the year.

SidB

Getting in on these superb offerings by Eofauna at this point in time is a lot less of a jolt to the pocketbook than trying to play catch-up at a later date. Bring 'em on!

Nimravus

Quote from: Faelrin on December 09, 2019, 05:53:44 AM
Those cards are absolutely gorgeous. I kind of regret not having any of these yet. They certainly would be nice to have on display alongside the figures for sure.
For me Eofauna elephants are absolutely  superb, much better than others for the money they are sold, worth acquiring them! The Giganotosaurus and Atlasaurus are really nice as well!

Ravonium

Nice cards Lanthanotus; they do definitely add to the collectability of these guys!  :)

and what do these fans/stars in the upper corner mean?

I don't know for certain, but I assume it's a star rating representing how good the species is overall, based on the stats on the card (and I agree that some of them are somewhat weird or inconsistent, including the Atlasaurus speed).

Killekor

Quote from: Ravonium on December 13, 2019, 05:12:00 PM
and what do these fans/stars in the upper corner mean?

I don't know for certain, but I assume it's a star rating representing how good the species is overall, based on the stats on the card (and I agree that some of them are somewhat weird or inconsistent, including the Atlasaurus speed).

Maybe Eofauna plans to make a card game with the collectors cards when they've released enough figures.
It would be unusual choice, considering that usually only blind bag figures come with a card game with them.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Ravonium

Quote from: Killekor on December 14, 2019, 08:42:26 AM
Maybe Eofauna plans to make a card game with the collectors cards when they've released enough figures.
It would be unusual choice, considering that usually only blind bag figures come with a card game with them.

Killekor

Yeah, I think that's their aim with these cards; as you say, it's unusual for a non blind-bag line, although I do like the idea  :)

SidB

Quote from: Ravonium on December 14, 2019, 04:31:56 PM
Quote from: Killekor on December 14, 2019, 08:42:26 AM

Killekor

Yeah, I think that's their aim with these cards; as you say, it's unusual for a non blind-bag line, although I do like the idea  :)
If so, that might imply quite a few releases in a relatively short time frame. Wouldn't that be something?

mpchi

I am very much looking forward to what Eofauna will bring later. Upon the 3 models I collected, Deinotherium and Giganotosaurus both excellent in form and sculpt, but lacking in fine details and paintjob. But they really stepped up the game with Atlasaurus, turning out to be one of the finest looking sauropod model I own, with much sharper, denser small details and skin folds, as well as much more layers of paint and washes. I hope they keep up to this standard in their future dinosaur releases, and that would be very exciting.

Also bumped into their theropod book at local Barnes & Nobles during Christmas, and its really great. Now looking forward to their volume two on the sauropods coming out in June.

https://www.eofauna.com/publications/theropod-dinosaurs-records

Concavenator

I´m very looking forward to more releases from them. I own both of Eofauna´s dinosaurs, and they are totally out of the ordinary. Their proboscideans are top notch too, although I mainly collect dinosaurs. That´s why I want to see more dinosaurs from them. Can´t wait to see their first ornithischian!
I get the feeling it will be a Triceratops, although someone asked them if they ever planned to release a figure of a big hadrosaur and they said yes, so who knows. What is sure is that whatever species it will be, the model will be a masterpiece just as every Eofauna figure has been to date.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.