News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bullyland Lambeoaurus Retirement

Started by IrritatorRaji, October 24, 2018, 09:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Couldn't find an official Bullyland thread, forgive me if I missed it.

But yeah, Bullyland have officially retired their Lambeosaurus, there's no more in production.

Shame, I thought it was one of their best figures :(

Jose S.M.

Poor ornithopods. Instead of getting the love they lack, they get axed   :(

Gwangi

It is one of their best figures, and I don't have it yet. I guess I better get on the ball with that.

CityRaptor

And so the fall of Bullyland's museum line continues...

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 24, 2018, 10:02:32 PM

Which is ironic, given that their mammalian counterparts, horses, are extremely popular and among the most often reproduced animals in toy form.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Gwangi on October 24, 2018, 10:11:32 PM
It is one of their best figures, and I don't have it yet. I guess I better get on the ball with that.

I bought one as soon as I heard the news, it really is one of their best figures, can't believe they've given it the axe :/

ceratopsian

I am extremely happy I bought one earlier this year. It's a good figure.

Faelrin

Well that's a shame. It might be the only decent figure of this genus, and now it will just be harder to get. It really is sad that hadrosaurids just don't sell much, or get retired so soon, as like with ceratopsians they have a lot interesting cranial ornamentations (at least in the Lambeosaurinae group), that there would be potential to make some interesting figures of them (not to mention the numerous skin impressions and mummy specimens discovered that could surely aid in how a figure is sculpted). Like the prehistoric equivalent of a deer or elk or something similar.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Such a shame, it's a very nice Hadrosaur figure, and Bullyland's best dinosaur in my opinion. Luckily I bought this one earlier this year, the last thing I want is to add another Ornithopod to my 'really want but can't get' pile.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Takama

Honestly, I wont be suprised to see the REST of the Collection to follow suit in the comeing years.

Bullyland has moved on from the animal toy market, Giveing us nothing really new for 2018, and instead focusing on there Licenced models.

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 24, 2018, 10:20:25 PM
And so the fall of Bullyland's museum line continues...

Quote from: Jose S.M. on October 24, 2018, 10:02:32 PM

Which is ironic, given that their mammalian counterparts, horses, are extremely popular and among the most often reproduced animals in toy form.

I've seen you pitch that notion a lot but I still don't see how you can compare horses to ornithopods. Humans have a long and intimate relationship with horses, not ornithopods. The people that buy toy dinosaurs are not the same ones that buy toy horses, they aren't even marketed to the same demographic.

Ravonium

Quote from: Gwangi on October 25, 2018, 01:35:39 PM
I've seen you pitch that notion a lot but I still don't see how you can compare horses to ornithopods. Humans have a long and intimate relationship with horses, not ornithopods. The people that buy toy dinosaurs are not the same ones that buy toy horses, they aren't even marketed to the same demographic.

While I agree that ornithopods to horses is an awful comparison for the reasons you mention, I think CityRaptor is making that comparison solely in the sense that horses and ornithopods are both large, reasonably bulky, grazing herbivores.

As for the actual topic of the thread, it is a shame to see one of Bullyland's last good figures go :(  It is obvious licensed figures are the only market in which they have any edge over Schleich anymore  >:(

Gwangi

Quote from: Ravonium on October 25, 2018, 01:54:58 PM
While I agree that ornithopods to horses is an awful comparison for the reasons you mention, I think CityRaptor is making that comparison solely in the sense that horses and ornithopods are both large, reasonably bulky, grazing herbivores.

Yeah, I know that they're ecologically comparable but in no way does an interest in horses have anything to do with an interest in ornithopods.

Ravonium

Quote from: Gwangi on October 25, 2018, 06:45:06 PM
Yeah, I know that they're ecologically comparable but in no way does an interest in horses have anything to do with an interest in ornithopods.

I think all that CityRaptor was trying to say in that post was that horses and ornithopods are ecologically similar, yet one of the two has more people interested and willing to buy figures/models of them than the other. Nowhere did he/she suggest that interests in the two are related.

Gwangi

Shonisaurus

Bullyland's lambeosaurus was one of his best figures. I do not understand why they have removed it, in theory it is a relatively well known dinosaur, it is not a dinosaur obscure from my point of view. Anyway, I'm glad I bought it in its day, anyway it's a pity that it's removed from the market.

Takama

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 29, 2018, 10:59:54 AM
Bullyland's lambeosaurus was one of his best figures. I do not understand why they have removed it, in theory it is a relatively well known dinosaur, it is not a dinosaur obscure from my point of view. Anyway, I'm glad I bought it in its day, anyway it's a pity that it's removed from the market.

As i said earlier.

Bullyland is moveing away,(Or at least no longer careing) about the Animal toy Market,a nd instead focusing on there licensed Disney products.

I think this is why they have not released anything new (Dinosaur wise) for 2018.

dyno77

Im glad iv got 2 of these figures. Despite thats its one of the most well known hadrosaurs, its isn't that well known in the mainstream as maiasaura or even edmontosaurus . But in general hadrosaurs are well known from the fossil record as mentioned above, with skin impressions and near complete skeletons. Realistically there's no excuse for getting it wrong when ever the companies decide to sculpt another hadrosaur as they have so much information on there appearance.

Shonisaurus

It is a pity that Bullyland only focuses on making figures of Disney characters, at least already if they make figures Disney could Bullyland reproduce the dinosaurs of WWD3D are of the Disney franchise even if they were for the children's audience.

I have very good memories of my last youth of the Bullyland dinosaurs. We have lost another great brand with the Battat company after the death of Dan LoRusso. Two companies to keep in mind for all of us who are fans of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals.

Fortunately, I have the Bullyland lambeosaurus and the Europasaurus, I suppose that they will continue to discard all their prehistoric animals and dinosaurs.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.