News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saurox

Shonisaurus

But they are the same figures of the acrocanthosaurus of Papo 2018 with its new color of paint and the compsognatus Papo 2018. That is not new. What I said for now is little inspired Papo. Maybe you do not want to risk making new figures for commercial reasons.

Syndicate Bias

Welp its all for now. Maybe next week we will see

Ceratosaurus

Everything Dinosaur mentioned to me that they had the information but weren't allowed to divulge it yet. They were hoping sometime around the 3rd week of December. Something could leak out before then though.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Shadowknight1

I will say, I'm curious on how they'll do their Allosaurus.  If it's just a repaint or if they'll take it up a small notch and maybe fix the bunny hands.  It's honestly surprising they've gone this long without repainting it as many times as they've repainted their Rex and raptors.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

suspsy

I'd still like to see a repaint of the Triceratops, preferably a brightly coloured one.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Good point.Their Triceratops did surprisingly well in our recent poll, considering the uninspired paint job. It really is remarkable that they've never seen fit to upgrade the color scheme. If 2019 is going to be the year of the repaint for Papo, this figure should be at the forefront for this treatment.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on November 24, 2018, 01:46:28 AM
Everything Dinosaur mentioned to me that they had the information but weren't allowed to divulge it yet. They were hoping sometime around the 3rd week of December. Something could leak out before then though.

That's alot of time.... :'(

Whyyyyyyyy

tanystropheus

Quote from: SidB on November 24, 2018, 03:02:46 AM
Good point.Their Triceratops did surprisingly well in our recent poll, considering the uninspired paint job. It really is remarkable that they've never seen fit to upgrade the color scheme. If 2019 is going to be the year of the repaint for Papo, this figure should be at the forefront for this treatment.

They would also need to update the feet to match their other ceratopsian models.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 24, 2018, 05:01:48 AM
Quote from: Ceratosaurus on November 24, 2018, 01:46:28 AM

That's alot of time.... :'(

Whyyyyyyyy

Normally Papo revealed his novelties many years at the end of December - beginning of January so it does not surprise me at all that we have to wait. Honestly in my case I would make a reissued dinosaur (eye that is not repainted) or a novelty (whatever it is). I sincerely prefer few figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that are sculpted to many poorly sculpted or that are mediocre.

Better a new figure of dinosaur by Papo but that is outstanding, to be five figures half acceptable.

It is true that I like many and varied figures of dinosaurs, but nowadays I prefer them to be in general not only in Papo but in the rest of the dinosaur and prehistoric animal brands of few and good toys.

My philosophy is as follows, a dinosaur figure or another prehistoric animal well sculpted and outstanding in all aspects, worth more than ten figures of prehistoric animals that do not have this quality. Apart from that, a company risks little from the commercial point of view and prevents it from failing as a toy company in this case and thereby prevents it from losing jobs among its employees. It is preferable an excellent prehistoric animal and well received by the general public (children and collector) and that it is a commercial success on a large scale, that one hundred figures of prehistoric animals that suppose a commercial failure and with it lead to the loss of jobs in a company.

Saurox

Hopefully it's worth the wait

SidB

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 24, 2018, 05:54:38 AM
Quote from: SidB on November 24, 2018, 03:02:46 AM

They would also need to update the feet to match their other ceratopsian models.
Yes, and then smooth over the cracks on the horns too, I suppose. However, if the upgrade was limited to a repaint, then these improvements would be overlooked. A new sculpt, or even a partial, might be a stretch, unfortunately.

Saurox

I'm really surprised there's been no leaks or anything :/

Syndicate Bias

Nothing yet. I found a FB post of some store that announced stocking papo now and they had a Dimetrodon that was a different colour than the current one so i asked if it was a repaint or what but its a store so it could be a 2019 repaint but i havent posted it because im uncertain

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sentry on November 26, 2018, 01:00:41 AM
I'm really surprised there's been no leaks or anything :/

Like this year they do not reveal any novelty of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. It may be that Papo does only some repainting and wait a year to make new figures. We must have in the last two years have revealed a lot of figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. They may have taken a break in production and conform to the repaints of Tyrannosaurus Rex, Allosaurus and Dimetrodon ?.

Acro's comics

Shonisaurus

@Acro's comics According to comments a member of the forum saw a repainted dimetrodon but it is not safe that's why I have put it into question.

oscars_dinos

I personally hope they don't release yet another t rex... I was lucky enough to snatch up the old brown one but currently in my display I have the 2 babies, the green, brown, and rainbow running and standing rex and not to mention an almost orange standing rex (not sure if that one is another variant like the stago and spino got). My point being theres 8 t rex's (9 if you count the orange one)....and if its simply another repaint of the running t rex, a sculpt that while I admire I'm not to fond of how unscientifically accurate it is, then I feel like it would be a waisted slot for 2019,

If papo truly wants to add another t rex to their catalog then a more scientifically sound and differently posed t rex would be really nice as apposed to the jp and King Kong movie sculpts we currently have.

As for the potential of another allosaurs, I don't think we need a repaint on the old figure, instead a different sculpt keeping the same artistic aesthetic as the old version but having a different pose to almost have as a counter part to the already existing model

Acro's comics

Paladinos - Dinosaurios PAPO en Mexico  has posted a teasing update.

Paladinos - Dinosaurios PAPO en Mexico
18 hrs ·
Cuando el destino te envía una señal de que debes comprar más Dinosaurios Papo :D
(y de lo que se viene para 2019 ;) Logras ver el mensaje y ya sabes qué es?)
www.paladinos-mexico.com

When Destiny sends you a sign that you must buy more dinosaurs papo :D
(and what is coming for 2019 ;) you can see the message and you know what it is? )

tanystropheus

Papo Einiosaurus? Torosaurus?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: