News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreioli

Toro all the way !
Please Papo !

Acro's comics

Also from Paladinos - Dinosaurios PAPO en Mexico

'yes, the secret is in the clouds'

Andreioli

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Acro's comics on November 27, 2018, 02:24:33 PM
Paladinos - Dinosaurios PAPO en Mexico  has posted a teasing update.

Paladinos - Dinosaurios PAPO en Mexico
18 hrs ·
Cuando el destino te envía una señal de que debes comprar más Dinosaurios Papo :D
(y de lo que se viene para 2019 ;) Logras ver el mensaje y ya sabes qué es?)
www.paladinos-mexico.com

When Destiny sends you a sign that you must buy more dinosaurs papo :D
(and what is coming for 2019 ;) you can see the message and you know what it is? )

Looks promising!
In the clouds, I also tend to see a stegosaurus...

Acro's comics

Quote from: Andreioli on November 27, 2018, 02:43:52 PM
I see an Allo and a Stego

Some of the hints in their post suggests possibly a stegosaurus :) / another t rex :( and a ceratopsian

Jose S.M.

I think it might be Pentaceratops.

Irritation

That creature definitely looks like a ceratipsian. Judging from it's long crest and horn, it could be either a Torosaurus of a Pentaceratops.

Acro's comics

With the retirement of two ceratopsians in previous years, perhaps we are to expect one or two new breeds in comming releases?

Acro's comics

The one on the left could possibly be the rumoured Dimetrodon repaint?

???

Shonisaurus

Can it be a giganotosaurus (or brown tyrannosaurus) and a dimetrodon (repainted)?

On the other hand the ceratopsido shown can be as it says a pentaceratops or torosaurus and could even be a coahuilaceratops no one has stopped to think that it can be that rare Mexican ceraptosido?

Everything is very speculative. Papo like the rest of toy dinosaur brands plays with us as the cat plays with the mouse.

CityRaptor

Well, that's an interesting comparism.

As for the pictures: Where did you find those? They don't seem to be on the linked website.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Doug Watson

Quote from: Gwangi on November 21, 2018, 01:21:04 AM
Quote from: suspsy on November 20, 2018, 09:16:37 PM
If Papo is indeed rereleasing the brown Running Rex at mass retail, then my heart goes out to all the folk who have shelled out up to $500 for one in the past.  :-\

lol, mine doesn't. That's a ridiculous price to pay for a simple color variant.

From what I remember it wasn't a simple colour variant. I can't find the post but from what I remember it was only available to distributors in France and I seem to remember they were given away rather than being widely retailed (I maybe wrong on that last bit). Even if they only retailed in France that would still make them a lot rarer than a variant that is sold retail world wide. As long as the new version has a new product number or date I will still be happy with my purchase but I paid $94.00 not $500.00. And if someone paid $500 I have no problem either as I said those copies are still much rarer than any wide release reissue. An original is still an original.

P.S. I just remembered that after the initial France release at least one of the brownies ended up in Suspsy's hands through Mastermind here in Canada, but that also seems to have been a rare occurrence.

MLMjp

Could the cloud on the right being a short legged Spinosaurus?

And yeah, that Ceratopsian has to be either Torosaurus or Pentaceratops. Im leaning more towards the second because of the more prominent osteoderms since Torosaurus is not usually represented with them unlike Pentaceratops.

Minmiminime

All I can say for sure is this, whatever that ceratopsian is, it's a Mr Seo creation 😊
* also, if there is going to be a modern Spino, I might just pop!! 😁😁😁
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Moodyraptor

Dimetrodon is one of my favourite papo models, so a repaint would be awesome.  I hope it's not just another rainbow version, though.

Concavenator

That must be a Pentaceratops .Still, I don't think I will be interested in any ,since Papo's releases tend to be awesomebro and not scientifically accurate at all,so they will most likely be a pass  :P

Still,who knows?

LeapingLaelaps

I'm kind of disappointed about the Ceratopsian, since I'm waiting for David Silva's new Kickstarter for my Ceratopsian fix, but other than that I'm still very excited for what they have to bring this year!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Doug Watson on November 27, 2018, 06:50:08 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 21, 2018, 01:21:04 AM
Quote from: suspsy on November 20, 2018, 09:16:37 PM
If Papo is indeed rereleasing the brown Running Rex at mass retail, then my heart goes out to all the folk who have shelled out up to $500 for one in the past.  :-\

lol, mine doesn't. That's a ridiculous price to pay for a simple color variant.

From what I remember it wasn't a simple colour variant. I can't find the post but from what I remember it was only available to distributors in France and I seem to remember they were given away rather than being widely retailed (I maybe wrong on that last bit). Even if they only retailed in France that would still make them a lot rarer than a variant that is sold retail world wide. As long as the new version has a new product number or date I will still be happy with my purchase but I paid $94.00 not $500.00. And if someone paid $500 I have no problem either as I said those copies are still much rarer than any wide release reissue. An original is still an original.

P.S. I just remembered that after the initial France release at least one of the brownies ended up in Suspsy's hands through Mastermind here in Canada, but that also seems to have been a rare occurrence.

Woah, I didn't realize that Suspsy was/is a hardcore Papo fan!  :o

suspsy

I'm not. In fact, I gave up entirely on Papo this year. Too expensive and, compared to CollectA and Safari, dull.

My acquisition of the brown RTR was purely by accident. I ordered the RTR through Mastermind's website back in 2012, the package arrived, and when I opened it up, there was Brownie!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: