News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syndicate Bias

Papo Allosaurus (Repaint)

Papo Gorgosaurus

Papo Pentaceratops

Limited Edition Papo Spinosaurus

Papo Stegosaurus (Repaint)

Papo Brown Running T Rex

2019 Retirements
Papo Tupuxuara
Papo Archaeopteryx

Minmiminime

Its a shame about these two, especially since they're pretty recent releases. I guess they mustn't sell very well! Looking forward to seeing what comes next...
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

IrritatorRaji

I heard about these, I ordered the Tupuxuara along with Bullyland's Lambeosaurus as soon as I heard about their retirements. I honestly don't believe that the Archaeopteryx is that great a loss, but the Tupuxuara is definitely a shame.

Acro's comics

I'd like a Gignatosaurus (they've been teasing for a few years now), a gallimimus, a Stygimoloch and new marine reptiles (Mosasaurus and Liopleurodon).

:)

Shonisaurus

Because Papo's tupuxuara was one of his master figures, it is a pity that they withdraw it although I suppose the reason for his withdrawal from the market. It would sell very little. This is one of the reasons why traditional dinosaur figures are always commercialized and the same can be said of prehistoric animals, unfortunately the community of dinosaur figures collectors is a minority compared to the main buyers of children and their parents.  :(

Shonisaurus

The silence of Papo in relation to the novelties of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of 2019 intrigues and disconcerts me. Its silence is the same that exists before a storm or before an army undertakes an offensive against the enemy in a war. I think that silence can be a good sign, it gives me hope that they will release impressive news for me and most of the DTF members. I hope he is not wrong.

Saurox

Papo are well known to be one of the last to release any info regarding their releases for the upcoming year.

I wouldn't concern yourself about it. They are always one of the later ones.

Syndicate Bias

Patience mate, I've been dying to know every day I look at ED's twitter for news as they stated that they would release more information regarding 2019 papo releases in a few weeks time back in late October. So it's been a couple of weeks now unless they meant a month I would be looking towards the end of November or early December, we arent far now!

Shonisaurus

For my part, I'll wait for what's needed and point out in advance that I'll settle for the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that Papo makes in 2019, even if they only reveal one if it's well prepared I would be satisfied. I am not demanding in terms of the new figures of Papo I prefer a prehistoric dinosaur or animal figure that is well sculpted to six or seven figures of prehistoric animals that are moderately well sculpted or that are mediocre or bad figures.

The most practical thing in my case is to wait for as few revelations as possible and settle for what they offer, if then the revelations of new prehistoric animals are outstanding and exceptional is an additional favorable surprise that I did not expect.

SidB

By the way, Shonisaurus - congratulations for reaching and surpassing the 4000  post mark - that's quite an accomplishment.

Shonisaurus

S @SidB Thank you for your kind words I recognize for my part that many times I am too reiterative in my statements and repetitive and it is a self-criticism that I do. Sincerely, it is on the website that I enjoy the most of the entire Internet network. :)

Andreioli

So... is Papo releasing a brown running T. rex ?
https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Papo-T-rex-running-brown-55075.html

Also, a repaint of the Allosaurus, or a new sculpt ?
https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Papo-Allosaurus-Dinosaur-55078.html

Who's excited ??   ;D ;D

Minmiminime

"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

spinosaurus1

Andreioli

Quote from: Minmiminime on November 20, 2018, 05:41:45 PM
Can't see any pictures...

Well, there aren't any yet.
But the titles give some clues.

postsaurischian

I'm excited about the Common kingfisher :D . Can't wait to see pics!

I was expecting a brown running Tyrannosaurus one day ;D .
Maybe it'll be a new Allosaurus :-\ .

Shonisaurus

They can be two figures resculpted or only some figures repainted. I hope that I am wrong but I fear that it will be only repainted figures although I hope that they are improved figures of perhaps two of the most popular theropods among the general public and the best known.

Takama

I just hope these are not ALL thats being released.

Be a Disapointing year for me if it is, from Papo.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Takama on November 20, 2018, 06:07:06 PM
I just hope these are not ALL thats being released.

Be a Disapointing year for me if it is, from Papo.

In my case, I'm honestly satisfied with what Papo reveals, even if they are two repainted dinosaurs, for a simple reason, as I read, we are about to fall into another global economic crisis and we will still need that money to be able to eat. It is not to be doomsayers but in this life we must settle for those who offer us in this case Papo if it offers two repainted only will have to accept it. In my case, I do not complain that this would be an economic saving that we would all appreciate.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: