News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on March 31, 2019, 06:37:32 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on March 31, 2019, 03:31:38 PM
Quote from: Killekor on March 31, 2019, 02:36:51 PM

Plus, if reason 1 is the right one and I'll receive a bad quality Spinosaurus (as I said in another post) i'l NEVER get a Papo figure again, and I'll hope that that company fails like Bullyland.

Killekor

I have seen at least one other comment like this on the forum I can't remember by who and what company it was about but I commented on it as well,. This attitude it is something I really can't get my head around. You seriously want a company that has given you and so many others pleasure to go out of business because you may get a figure that doesn't live up to your expectations? If you are a serious dinosaur toy collector why would you want fewer companies and fewer opportunities for new pieces? Never mind the fact you are wishing for the loss income for many people who have never done harm to you. I have always been amazed at the quality of paint jobs of the Papo pieces and wondered how they could afford to sell them at those prices. It could actually be that they have been making them at unsustainable profit margins for years and are now realizing they either had to raise prices or reduce quality. Or it could be that the factory that has been producing them has substantially raised their prices to Papo. Either way I haven't seen a decline in the sculpting quality of their pieces and would still buy the ones I want even if the paint application has declined some what. And I would certainly never wish for a company to go out of business. I didn't buy Bullyland toys but I do mourn their demise and I pray Papo can survive.

I believe the other company was Rebor avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson

S @Syndicate Bias It took some digging (I had to go back through all my posts) but it was actually about Battat and how they weren't reissuing all of the old dinosaur line and the unreleased pieces by Dan. It got pretty heated. As I said back then I would never wish a company into oblivion as long as they weren't consciously hurting people or the planet. Even then I would prefer measures to be taken to correct the problem since the employees rarely have a choice in the matter. Also a lot of people seem to think these toy companies are huge faceless corporations, well Bullyland had 50 employees at the time of insolvency so those are 50 families that will have a huge impact on their incomes. Safari Ltd is also a small family company. Even when a small company goes under there is a ripple effect that spreads out to their contractors and suppliers so a lot of people can end up getting hurt.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 31, 2019, 07:17:17 PM
avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson I just connected to the forum and Doug my tyrannosaurus rex running brown of Papo puts the date of manufacture of 2012 on the top and inside of the right leg and on the hoof left below there is a circle with the number 19 on the right rear leg numbered from 1 to 12 (better said back hoof). I agree with the rest of the forum members in the location of the stamps.
avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus Thanks for checking

Killekor

Quote from: Doug Watson on March 31, 2019, 07:17:57 PM

Plus, if reason 1 is the right one and I'll receive a bad quality Spinosaurus (as I said in another post) i'l NEVER get a Papo figure again, and I'll hope that that company fails like Bullyland.

Killekor

I have seen at least one other comment like this on the forum I can't remember by who and what company it was about but I commented on it as well,. This attitude it is something I really can't get my head around. You seriously want a company that has given you and so many others pleasure to go out of business because you may get a figure that doesn't live up to your expectations? If you are a serious dinosaur toy collector why would you want fewer companies and fewer opportunities for new pieces? Never mind the fact you are wishing for the loss income for many people who have never done harm to you. I have always been amazed at the quality of paint jobs of the Papo pieces and wondered how they could afford to sell them at those prices. It could actually be that they have been making them at unsustainable profit margins for years and are now realizing they either had to raise prices or reduce quality. Or it could be that the factory that has been producing them has substantially raised their prices to Papo. Either way I haven't seen a decline in the sculpting quality of their pieces and would still buy the ones I want even if the paint application has declined some what. And I would certainly never wish for a company to go out of business. I didn't buy Bullyland toys but I do mourn their demise and I pray Papo can survive.

S @Syndicate Bias It took some digging (I had to go back through all my posts) but it was actually about Battat and how they weren't reissuing all of the old dinosaur line and the unreleased pieces by Dan. It got pretty heated. As I said back then I would never wish a company into oblivion as long as they weren't consciously hurting people or the planet. Even then I would prefer measures to be taken to correct the problem since the employees rarely have a choice in the matter. Also a lot of people seem to think these toy companies are huge faceless corporations, well Bullyland had 50 employees at the time of insolvency so those are 50 families that will have a huge impact on their incomes. Safari Ltd is also a small family company. Even when a small company goes under there is a ripple effect that spreads out to their contractors and suppliers so a lot of people can end up getting hurt.

I think that you're right. When I'd read that also the new Papo novelties were not only of a chinasaur quality, but also at an higher price I got offended with Papo, and it looked to me like a fraud. But now I understand that I had an exaggerated reaction.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Derek.McManus

I am interested in the Papo Cave Bear, nice to see you back buddy.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Killekor on April 01, 2019, 11:53:49 AM
When I'd read that also the new Papo novelties were not only of a chinasaur quality, but also at an higher price I got offended with Papo, and it looked to me like a fraud.

Killekor

Pretty sure the higher prices are just speculation and comparing Papo quality to Chinasaurs is quite the exaggeration. Up until now I've yet to come across a recent figure without more than minor flaws. Which can be said for all brands. Truthfully I believe the quality has only gotten better over the last few years which is nice for someone who orders mostly online and can't pick and choose. Most of my Papo figures come from ED so maybe they screen their figures well.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Syndicate Bias

Killekor

I think its the norm for being upset and genuinely wishing for the loss of someone's job and failure of their company but not really thinking it through aside from a superficial view of it. Sucks but cant change it. People will be people  :(

mgaguilar

Killekor

I think that you're right. When I'd read that also the new Papo novelties were not only of a chinasaur quality, but also at an higher price I got offended with Papo, and it looked to me like a fraud. But now I understand that I had an exaggerated reaction.

Killekor

avatar_Killekor @Killekor Jesus Christ I don't know if you even realized the gravity of what you said in that original post judging by your mellow demeanor in this response. You're talking about actual PEOPLE losing their well being because you're personally hurt by a potential factory defect? Also to echo Doug Watson, Papo is a fantastic company and I wish for their longevity and continuous production of figures that brings so many of us who value them joy. We may be living in a fantastic period of time where there are not only many suppliers that keep the quantity released high, but also the amazing beauty and design quality of each sculpt is definitely not something to be taken for granted, Papo included.

Faelrin

If I can chime in on this, this is definitely quite the time to be alive for dinosaur collecting right now (and I am so glad to have gotten back into it as an adult now) There's just so many well made (sculpted, etc) products out there these days, and there's still more on the horizon from potential new companies. And of course it is also quite nice to have a community to share this hobby with, etc.

In any case I'm actually sad we are losing Bullyland (and it was also sad to lose PNSO for the brief time that we did). They made some decent prehistoric mammal and invertebrate figures for the time, among others (such as their Therizinosaurus). I would not want to see Papo, or any of the others I can think of go down, at least not for quite a time, if ever.

And yes we must remember that there are real people giving us these figures. Not just the sculptors (some who are members here of course, such as Doug), but also the factory workers too, etc. There are many hands along the way before they end up in ours. Kind of mind blowing for me actually thinking about it all, when it is so much simpler to just see the product sitting on the shelf as if it were its own thing disconnected from the rest of the world, outside of our personal collection's, and lives.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 02, 2019, 04:46:13 AM

Killekor

Killekor

avatar_Killekor @Killekor Jesus Christ I don't know if you even realized the gravity of what you said in that original post judging by your mellow demeanor in this response. You're talking about actual PEOPLE losing their well being because you're personally hurt by a potential factory defect? Also to echo Doug Watson, Papo is a fantastic company and I wish for their longevity and continuous production of figures that brings so many of us who value them joy. We may be living in a fantastic period of time where there are not only many suppliers that keep the quantity released high, but also the amazing beauty and design quality of each sculpt is definitely not something to be taken for granted, Papo included.

Emphasis on Mellow Demeanor  ;)

Aight anyways I can't wait for that Papo Spinosaurus June is so close now!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: mgaguilar on April 02, 2019, 04:46:13 AM

Killekor

Killekor

Killekor do not worry about your opinions, they were heated. All human beings make mistakes throughout life and sometimes we say things that can hurt the sensibility of someone without knowing it. The only thing I hope is that the gorgosaurus and pentaceratops and of course the 2019 Paleo spinosaurus are the same at least as the prototypes and promotional photos and toy exhibitions. The disappearance of Papo as a company or its decline would be a great disgrace for the workers of that great brand and it would also be bad news for all collectors of this great company that has given so much hope to collectors and children for so many years.

Hopefully it does not have the end of Bullyland.

Concavenator

I think Papo is  hit or miss for me.Sometimes they release a spectacular model, but in many ways they end up screwing their models, mainly due to the poses.However, if I don't like I model I simply will not buy it.Wishing for a company to dissapear is quite harsh, specially having in mind its consequences.

I may not be interested in most of the sculpts Papo has been offering in recent years,but I certainly hope they don't disappear.They may release another great sculpt like the Spinosaurus, Dimetrodon...in the future.

Aight anyways I can't wait for that Papo Spinosaurus June is so close now!
I don't think it will be released that soon... ???

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on April 02, 2019, 12:26:38 PM
I think Papo is  hit or miss for me.Sometimes they release a spectacular model, but in many ways they end up screwing their models, mainly due to the poses.However, if I don't like I model I simply will not buy it.Wishing for a company to dissapear is quite harsh, specially having in mind its consequences.

I may not be interested in most of the sculpts Papo has been offering in recent years,but I certainly hope they don't disappear.They may release another great sculpt like the Spinosaurus, Dimetrodon...in the future.

I don't think it will be released that soon... ???

According to a businessman who bought Safari figures and told me that his company went bankrupt in 2014, he told me that Papo was not well economically (even then) and he told me it was because they can make very detailed and good figures like the Ferrari, to give an example, but if they sell very little the company sinks into ruin.

Concavenator

I asked Papo some time ago about more information of the Spinosaurus , and they answered me today:

"Hello,

First of all we would like to thank you for your message and your enthusiasm regarding our brand new spinosaurus!
Unfortunatly we can't reveale much information right now, you'll have to wait a little bit more. But, don't hesitate to follow our social medias more information are coming soon.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Papo Team"

So nothing new as of yet

Killekor

Quote from: Concavenator on April 02, 2019, 02:06:36 PM
I asked Papo some time ago about more information of the Spinosaurus , and they answered me today:

"Hello,

First of all we would like to thank you for your message and your enthusiasm regarding our brand new spinosaurus!
Unfortunatly we can't reveale much information right now, you'll have to wait a little bit more. But, don't hesitate to follow our social medias more information are coming soon.

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Papo Team"

So nothing new as of yet

From what they're saying it looks like they're preparing another surprise... I'm curious to see what it happens!

Killekor

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Killekor on April 02, 2019, 02:15:43 PM

"Hello,

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Papo Team"

So nothing new as of yet

From what they're saying it looks like they're preparing another surprise... I'm curious to see what it happens!

Killekor

I'm dying to know what news Papo awaits in relation to dinosaurs or other prehistoric animal. My dream would be the longed-for Papo giganotosaurus but physically well made and finished and not like the allosaurus and tyrannosaurus running brown of Papo 2019 or perhaps a paraceratherium? For asking not to be left, but you know that "against the vice of asking is the virtue of not giving" and that is only in the hands of Papo.

hao_bao

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 02, 2019, 07:03:50 PM
I asked Papo some time ago about more information of the Spinosaurus , and they answered me today:c

"Hello,

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Papo Team"

So nothing new as of yet

Killekor

I'm dying to know what news Papo awaits in relation to dinosaurs or other prehistoric animal. My dream would be the longed-for Papo giganotosaurus but physically well made and finished and not like the allosaurus and tyrannosaurus running brown of Papo 2019 or perhaps a paraceratherium? For asking not to be left, but you know that "against the vice of asking is the virtue of not giving" and that is only in the hands of Papo.

Ahh the galli is coming...

MLMjp

Quote from: hao_bao on April 03, 2019, 03:48:26 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 02, 2019, 07:03:50 PM
I asked Papo some time ago about more information of the Spinosaurus , and they answered me today:c

"Hello,

Have a nice day.
Best regards,
Papo Team"

So nothing new as of yet

Killekor

Ahh the galli is coming...
Ehhh...you are thinking out of the box too much guys. The only thing that the message implies is that we will get more info about the price and release date of the Spino later. Also probably a picture in its box.

I dont know where do you get the impresion that there is something extra coming.
Its good to have dreams but I suggest you to keep your feet on the gound. Otherwise you will be dissapointed.

Syndicate Bias

So what you're saying is papo Giganotosaurus 2030???  :-X

Concavenator

Ehhh...you are thinking out of the box too much guys. The only thing that the message implies is that we will get more info about the price and release date of the Spino later. Also probably a picture in its box.

I dont know where do you get the impresion that there is something extra coming.
Its good to have dreams but I suggest you to keep your feet on the gound. Otherwise you will be dissapointed.

Yeah, I don't get where all you guys' guesses come from  ;D I asked specifically about the Spino and they answered me regarding it.They will probably announce the price, a more up-to-date release date, a picture of it inside its box, as avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp says, or a picture of the final figure that will end up being released,not the model we saw on those pics from the Toy Fair ( although  this probably won't happen).

Killekor

Quote from: Concavenator on April 03, 2019, 04:40:57 PM

Yeah, I don't get where all you guys' guesses come from  ;D I asked specifically about the Spino and they answered me regarding it.They will probably announce the price, a more up-to-date release date, a picture of it inside its box, as avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp says, or a picture of the final figure that will end up being released,not the model we saw on those pics from the Toy Fair ( although  this probably won't happen).

Well, I was thinking that maybe the Spinosaurus will be not sold alone in his box, because usually when Papo releases a "special" box this contains 2 dinosaurs (like the Rainbow T-Rex+Raptor, Ceratosaurus+Junior Spino etc etc...)
In any case if there's another model with the Spinosaurus, which is an huge figure, it will surely be a small/medium sized toy. And a Gallimimus is a good candidate, exactly as a Microraptor (which for me will be a really good news), or a Psittacosaurus.

Killekor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: