News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Hopes & Dreams

Started by ZoPteryx, August 18, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

More Dinosaurs and non-mammals would be prefered.

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 14, 2012, 11:39:02 PM
SABRE TOOTH TIGER!!!!

(Sorry, had to do that )

This is however how Bullyland lables all the prehistoric mammals. And the Raublaufvogel.
I aso agree that a new Version of that fellow would be nice, especially since I can now directly compare it with my old one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Seijun

More gaping-mouthed cats *sigh*

I honestly think they are quite ugly, but I will probably still get them just to keep my bully mammal collection "complete"
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on September 15, 2012, 04:25:04 AM
I already pointed that out.

Sorry.  ::) He did ask though, evidently after you already pointed it out.

DC

Geoworld Falcarius Jurassic Hunter series

[attachment msg=18730][/attachment]
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Horridus

All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

ZoPteryx

DC

Play Mobil has released in their new Dinosaur sets in Germany.  anyone seen them? 

Balaur

I'm upset at the Falcarius. Mine as well call it "Failcarius"

tanystropheus

Quote from: Gwangi on September 15, 2012, 01:19:34 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on September 15, 2012, 12:20:44 AM
Just for clarification, I would imagine that the Bullyland 'tiger' is analogous to the Smilodon, and the Bullyland 'cat' is analogous to the Eusmilus? Is the Eusmilus a juvenile Smilodon or are they discrete species? (I'm not up to date with knowledge regarding prehistoric mammals, unfortunately)

I'm also quite puzzled why the team responsible for creating the gorgeous Papo lions were not assigned the task to recreate the Smilodon.

I'm actually reading "Big Cats and Their Fossil Relatives" by Alan Turner as it turns out so I actually feel semi-qualified to answer this one. My knowledge of prehistoric mammals is not very great either.
The "tiger" is indeed supposed to be Smilodon. The "cat" or Eusmilus is a member of the Nimravidae family that are very similar to cats but not actually members of the Felidae family. So yes, they are different species from entirely different families. Smilodon is more closely related to house cats than to Eusmilus but house cats are more closely related to tigers than tigers are to Smilodon. Smilodon is not a tiger and Eusmilus is not a even a cat.

Thanks for the clarification! I truly appreciate it :)

Jetoar

Quote from: DC on September 16, 2012, 09:08:36 PM
Play Mobil has released in their new Dinosaur sets in Germany.  anyone seen them?

The new playmobil dinosaurs do not arrive in Spanish even. I would like to see in my hands the new Stegosaurus  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

DC

PlayMobil releases in germany first and then the nexy year exports. So we should see some in 2013?

CityRaptor

You mean if the German members saw them? They have been around for a few months, I think April or May. A Version of the Baby T.rex even came as an Extra in a Playmobil magazine.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: DC on September 16, 2012, 09:08:36 PM

Which sets would that be? The latest sets I've seen in stores include the Stegosaurus, Dimetrodon and Ankylosaurus figures.

Balaur

Any news on what Safari is coming out with 2013?

Yutyrannus

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 20, 2012, 01:56:00 AM
I want to know this too. I hope they make a Yutyrannus figure.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Balaur

Quote from: Yutyrannus on September 20, 2012, 02:08:29 AM
Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 20, 2012, 01:56:00 AM
I want to know this too. I hope they make a Yutyrannus figure.

That would be awesome!

Balaur

Any new news? I am too inpatient unforotunentaly!

DinoToyForum

Yutyrannus, don't forget to update the first post with pics ;) Thanks! You've taken on the responsibility by creating the thread  :P  ;D

Ikessauro

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 16, 2012, 09:39:23 PM
I'm upset at the Falcarius. Mine as well call it "Failcarius"

Hahaha, that pretty much describes it, right! Those Geoworld models look a mix of early Colletas with Dinosaur Train figures. I like the new "cats" from Bullyland. Hope they release more species, ones never done before in toy form.

Balaur

Reminds me. We need a good Falcarius figure from something like Safari or Carnegie.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: