News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Hopes & Dreams

Started by ZoPteryx, August 18, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Interesting--having an idea of how many figures to expect, I wouldn't have guessed that 2 would be more neandertal.

Balaur

Quote from: Takama on September 11, 2012, 03:31:45 AM

Comeing from CollectA?

Neanderthal teen and child

Intresting... More neanderthal? That wasn't expected.

tanystropheus

Why do they always make Neandartals so 'derpy'---they must have been at least sexy enough for Homo sapiens to want to mate with them, no?

Takama

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 11, 2012, 04:46:41 AM
Why do they always make Neandartals so 'derpy'---they must have been at least sexy enough for Homo sapiens to want to mate with them, no?

It depends on the Individul sapian. Though thinking of that makes me......... *yuck*

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on September 11, 2012, 04:58:25 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on September 11, 2012, 04:46:41 AM

It depends on the Individul sapian. Though thinking of that makes me......... *yuck*

LOL. I would assume that interbreeding was quite prevalent based on the fact that the majority of humans seem to have DNA that is roughly 2% Neandartal derived/integrated.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Takama on September 11, 2012, 03:31:45 AM

Comeing from CollectA?

Neanderthal teen and child

Hahaha! Just what we need >:D
What is that sauropod in the background, is that the Deluxe Brachio?

CityRaptor

Given how the male and female from this year look so much alike, would the kid be the equivalent of Milhouse?
Also, the "teen" looks a bit buff to be a teen.

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 11, 2012, 12:53:20 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on September 09, 2012, 09:54:47 AM
Is there a non-shiny green Corythosaurus?

Collecta made a brownish one a while ago.  Its not pretty though.

I meant a non-green Safari Cory. Because the one I have is green and it is not rare, even if no longer in production.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

More CollectA Neanderthals? I'll pass on them like I did on this year's Neanderthals. They're not CollectA's most appealing achievement.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Roselaar on September 11, 2012, 10:07:14 PM
More CollectA Neanderthals? I'll pass on them like I did on this year's Neanderthals. They're not CollectA's most appealing achievement.

Neandertals are boring and safe.  They should have made H. erectus!--Perfect for bigfoot/sasquatch figures  :)) Meganthropus--Giants  ;) Giganthropus--King Kong!
Even better, why not make H. floresienses >:D I could make a town of hobbits, yay  :D
...and some of the other hominids/proto-hominids looked like funky aliens...

Gryphoceratops

CollectA should really do a Dryptosaurus. 

SBell

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 11, 2012, 11:44:57 PM

Neandertals are boring and safe.  They should have made H. erectus!--Perfect for bigfoot/sasquatch figures  :)) Meganthropus--Giants  ;) Giganthropus--King Kong!
Even better, why not make H. floresienses >:D I could make a town of hobbits, yay  :D

Those descriptions make me think you've never actually seen a fossil of any of those hominids...(yay, anthropology degree!)...but I still find the addition of more hominids uninspiring too.

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on September 12, 2012, 01:35:16 AM

Those descriptions make me think you've never actually seen a fossil of any of those hominids...(yay, anthropology degree!)...but I still find the addition of more hominids uninspiring too.

LOL, I don't have an anthropology degree (well, I do have a minor in cultural anthropology  ;))! Unfortunately, many of the illustrations and CGI renderings in circulation make these hominids look rather comical. It would be nice if they faithfully adhered to the fossil findings, though.

This guy does look like an alien, though (e.g. Gears of War):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6VJk2dxg3uY/T-bFMSQ8tUI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/4jE76WT6D7E/s1600/Homo+rudolfensis.JPG

And I think I see an Ewok here:
http://www.elauladejc.es/evolution_1903_wideweb__430x328,1.jpg

Balaur

Quote from: tanystropheus on September 12, 2012, 01:53:38 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 12, 2012, 01:35:16 AM

LOL, I don't have an anthropology degree (well, I do have a minor in cultural anthropology  ;))! Unfortunately, many of the illustrations and CGI renderings in circulation make these hominids look rather comical. It would be nice if they faithfully adhered to the fossil findings, though.

This guy does look like an alien, though (e.g. Gears of War):
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6VJk2dxg3uY/T-bFMSQ8tUI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/4jE76WT6D7E/s1600/Homo+rudolfensis.JPG

And I think I see an Ewok here:
http://www.elauladejc.es/evolution_1903_wideweb__430x328,1.jpg

Lol!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 12, 2012, 12:45:57 AM

Or an Appalachiasaurus..which I've heard might be similar.

ZoPteryx

Totally agree.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on September 12, 2012, 12:45:57 AM
and a dicraeosaurus and deluxe olorotitan :)

tyrantqueen

Erm, this is a bit off topic but is the h in Neanderthals sounded out?

I always pronounced it how it is written, but some people say "Neandertals"

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 12, 2012, 10:31:26 AM
Erm, this is a bit off topic but is the h in Neanderthals sounded out?

I always pronounced it how it is written, but some people say "Neandertals"

Its the same that a dinosaur names. For example in Spain, Deinonychus is Deinonico and Triceratops is Triceratopo. Neanderthal is cientific form a short name of Homo neanderthalesis.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Jetoar

I would like to see a Papo Postosuchus an Liopleurodon and Carnegie Pelecanimimus  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

TheAllosaur

Oh, I want the CONCAVENATOR!!!
I was going to buy something, but when I saw this, I began to save for something else. :)
Does anyone know how much this will cost?
Part-time genius!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: