News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Hopes & Dreams

Started by ZoPteryx, August 18, 2012, 05:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

Well it's getting toward that time of year when a 2013 Figures thread should be posted (based on the last few years).  So, before that happens, I figured there was one last opportunity to play everyone's favorite game; mindless hoping, dreaming, and guessing about what the toy companies will surprise us with next year! ::)  (Although if you guess correctly I suppose it won't be a surprise!)

Instead of just throwing out names of animals would like to see/think the companies will make, also provide some insight as to why you think they'll make that species.  You can be as vague or detailed as you like. :)

I'll start.

Safari:
I predict there will be 5 figures: Elasmosaurus (good seller, prey for Lio or Mosa), Prionosuchus (big, cool, and exotic), Herrerasaurus (fairly well known, educational), Sauropelta (looks cool, they don't have an ankylosaur), & Suchomimus (replaces old version, probably a good seller).  I think there will also be two new tubes, one will be Early Land Dwellers (focuses on tetrapod evolution, educational) featuring Eusthenopteron, Tiktaalik, Ichthyostega, Diplocaulus, Gerrothorax, Crassigyrinus, Seymouria, & Hylonomus.  The other will be Prehistoric Fliers (popular, some exotic), featuring Coelurosauravus, Sharovipteryx, Dimorphodon, Sordes, Ludodactylus, Quetzalcoatlus, Archaeopteryx, & Confuciusornis

Carnegie:
I predict an updated Stegosaurus, Pteranodon, and a Concavenator (wasn't there some hint a while back about this last one?)  Wikipedia says there will be an updated Deinonychus and an Einiosaurus; the first sounds good, not sure about the second. ???

Schleich:
No clue, perhaps a Liopleurodon (good seller).

Bullyland:
I predict two figures, a Mosasaurus (popular lately) and a Quetzalcoatlus (popular, will replace the Pteranodon they're retiring).

Mojo:
I predict a Diplodocus with its baby (popular, nice and big).

Papo:
I predict 3 figures: a Dilophosaurus (finally give in to JP fans, but with no frill), a Saltasaurus (seems good for their style), and an Ouranosaurus (odd looking, exotic).

Last, but certainly not least, CollectA:
18 Regular Figures:
- 7 Therapods: Masiakasaurus (cool looking), Shuvuuia (very exotic), Struthiomimus flock (another landscape piece), Balaur (they like European dinos & it's cool), Yutyrannus (big news), Monolophosaurus (cool, exotic), & Coelophysis (well known)
- Gigantspinosaurus (about the only stegosaur they haven't done)
- Aardonyx  (recent, need more prosauropods)
- Heterodontosaurus (with quills, exotic appeal)
- Pachycephalosaurus (they don't have one yet)
- Scutellosaurus (European, exotic)
- Darwinopterus (recent news, first long-tailed pterosaur)
- Dimetrodon (don't have any pre-dinos yet)
- Sivatherium (cool and a first)
- Placerias (well known but little made)
- Synthetoceras (iconic but little made)
- Dakosaurus (looks cool, little made)
3 Deluxe Figures:
- Shonisaurus or Shastasaurus (big and their first ichthyosaur)
- Basilosaurus (in demand and very cool)
- Carcharodontosaurus (cool, well known, answer to their lack of a Giganotosaurus)

Okay, those my predictions and theories, what are yours? :)

Takama

Ok Here it goes, and forgive the spelling on the names

Carnegi
Stegosaurus
Concavenator

Safari Ltd also said that there will be some Special dinosaurs relesed that year)

CollectA
Standerd sized
Yutyrannus
Saurapelta
Saichania
an Icthiosaur
Icthiovenator
Dromeciomimus
Supersaurus
Yagchaunosaurus
Gasosaurus
Mei
Megaloceras
Torvosaurus
Dino Prey Allosaurus on Apatoesaurus/Diplodocus
Dino Prey Ornitholestys with soaropodlet
And also cretures from before the dinosaurs(you can thank me if it happen because i was credited by them for bringing that up)

Deluxe
Allosaurus
Pachycephalasaurus Head butting
Shonisaurus
Ornithochirus
Alioramus
Argentinasaurus
Diplodocus
Giganotosaurus

Papo
Dilophosaurus (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, OH LORD, PLEASE)
Brown Running Rex. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, OH LORD, PLEASE)
Apatoesaurus
Dimetrodon
Carnotaurus.
Giganotosaurus. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, OH LORD, PLEASE)

Mojo
Spinosaurus (confirmed via Facebook pole)
Brontotherium
Deinotherium
More Deluxe Models(I hate there standerd ones)

Schleich
Remakes
Edmontasaurus
Ceratoesaurus
Caurnotourus
Saurapelta
Shonisaurus
Pteranodon
Styrachosaurus

New cretures
Concavenator
Mosasaurus
Tarbosaurus
Argentinasaurus

OH also

QuotePachycephalosaurus (they don't have one yet)
No but they have a Dracorex, which could be a juvinile Pachycephalasaurus 8)

Tyrannosaurid lover

Carnegi
Utahrator.
Camarasaurus.
Ornitholestes

Safari Ltd
Magnacuerna.
Labocania
Edmontosaurus.

CollectA
Standerd sized
Albertosaurus
Baryonix
Yutyrannus
Edmontonia

Deluxe
Alamosaurus.
Estreptopondilus.
Eoraptor.
Baluur

Papo
Megalosaurus.
Iguanodon
Hyaleosaurus.
DILOPHOAURUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gallimimus

Schleich
Ornitholetes
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

tyrantqueen

Carnegie
I would like to see some updated sculpts from them of their old ones, like their Allosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus for example. More than anything else, I want them to release more than one figure a year :X An allosaurus by Forest Rogers would be awesome :DDD

And for the love of God, please bring out a feathered raptor...

CollectA
Again, I want them to go back and improve their old sculpts. Perhaps they can learn from the fan feedback next year, and avoid making the same mistakes with their theropods. Specially, I'd like to see a Yutyrannus and Ichyovenator as far as new species go, and that feathered Megalosaur (can't remember the name of it now)

Papo
In a perfect world I'd like them to start making scientifically accurate toys XDDD
But seriously, I'd like a Carnotaurus, Dilophosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Iguanodon and maybe another sauropod (Mamenchisaurus or Barosaurus perhaps)

I also want someone to release a decent Megalosaurus figure.

Schleich
I'd like them to stop sucking

QuoteSafari Ltd
Magnacuerna.
Labocania
Edmontosaurus.

amargasaurus cazaui

Not one request for a Psittacosaurus, or Oviraptor, or Amargasaurus...You are ALL fired !!!  :P
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

pylraster

Serious lack of Edmontonia. The last decent one I know of is the Dino Riders version. Should Papo do this, it will be an instant hit.

Seijun

Dear carnegie and safari. More hadrosaurs please. And NOT ones that look like they are about to be lunch.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 18, 2012, 06:53:54 AM
Carnegie
I would like to see some updated sculpts from them of their old ones, like their Allosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus for example. More than anything else, I want them to release more than one figure a year :X An allosaurus by Forest Rogers would be awesome :DDD

Schleich
I'd like them to stop sucking

I believe Forest has done all of the Carnegie pieces..it's just her technique has much improved. :)  Would love to see an updated Allosaurus or really updates of ANY of the older figures.

That bit about Schleich... ROFL !  ;D ..and I NEVER use " ROFL ".. :))

Papo..really could make just about any dino and I would probably end up getting it.

Safari..I would like to see more marine reptiles, pterosaurs and yes a Suchomimus.. I'm doing my best to forget that previous atrocity to spinosaurs everywhere. ;)

I figure Yutyrannus will get made by someone..probably CollectA..they can also do a Diabloceratops as well.  I really hope they make the Argentinosaurus a Deluxe figure..or just go all out and make it really nice and big...at least the same as the big display Rex.

Quote from: Seijun on August 18, 2012, 08:40:28 AM
Dear carnegie and safari. More hadrosaurs please. And NOT ones that look like they are about to be lunch.

Seconded. I  would like to also see some more well done hadrosaurs. Specifically a Lambeosaurus.

Balaur

Carnegie
Deinonychus - Updated Sculpt
Einiosaurus

Safari Toobs
Pterosaur Toob -
Dimorphodon
Anurognathus
Rhamphorhynchus
Tupandactylus
Tapejara
Anhanguera
Pteranodon
Dsungaripterus
Hatzegopteryx Walking with Baby Sauropod in Mouth
Hatzegopteryx Flying
Scleromochlus
Dorygnathus

CollectA
Yutyrannus
Sciurumimus

Not very good with CollectA so I'm predicting thats some of the creatures released next year. But I'm really excited about what will be released next year by Safari, Carnegie, and the toobs! We're waaaaaaayyy over due for a pterosaur toob.

Brontozaurus

Pretty sure CollectA will do a Yutyrannus, since it's such a significant discovery and they like to do newly described dinosaurs. I'd like to see them do a Balaur as well, because they seem to put a lot of thought into their reconstructions and it would be interesting to see their attempt at Balaur. If they did some updated sculpts, I'd like them to do Eustreptospondylus, Alioramus, Gigantoraptor, and Becklespinax again because those could be interesting if done well.

I want to see a new Carnegie Deinonychus. Bonus points if it's a trio of them, only updated to current knowledge and Carnegie quality. I love the original trio but they're kind of ugly.

I hope Papo do a Dilophosaurus, it'd be mental with all the detail they give their sculpts.

I predict that if Schleich release anything, it won't be pretty. Maybe an Oviraptor, except without feathers.

Also, since Jurassic Park is getting a 3D re-release next year, I would really really really like to see new JP toys. A whole heap of stuff was released for the re-release of Star Wars Episode One this year, so it's not unlikely.

QuoteNot one request for a Psittacosaurus, or Oviraptor, or Amargasaurus...You are ALL fired !!! 

CollectA has a pretty good Psittacosaurus, Carnegie has TWO good Oviraptors, and both CollectA and Safari have made Amargasaurus. Why do we need more?
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Brontozaurus

Whoops. Accidental double-post for the win.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Brontozaurus on August 18, 2012, 01:59:35 PM
QuoteNot one request for a Psittacosaurus, or Oviraptor, or Amargasaurus...You are ALL fired !!! 

CollectA has a pretty good Psittacosaurus, Carnegie has TWO good Oviraptors, and both CollectA and Safari have made Amargasaurus. Why do we need more?

Well my comment would be both the Carnegie which was retired rather quickly and the collect-A psittacosaurus managed to to make the figure look like an overgrown tree squirrel. A nice figure with a more dinosaurian sculpt perhaps with neutral hands, and more accuracy would be agreeable. Even barring that, given the fact it is the single most well known and documented dinosaur out there, and there are only two replicas currently around? As for the Carnegie Oviraptors...you are referring to the figures missing the primary on each hand I believe? I also did not much care for the fact both figures were made as tripods and still stand rather catch and miss. Another very key dinosaur that is under-represented in the toy market. The Amargasaurus figures were alright I guess, I just did not care much for the sculpts or paint patterns, although I do admit I have seen the Carnegie repainted to look very nice .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Primeval12

Carnaige
New Protoceratops
Therizinosaurus
Torvosaurus

Wild Safari
Titanis
New Spinosaurus (With three fingers)
Saurosuchus
New Pachycephalosaurus

Toob
Life before dinosaurs toob
Dimetrodon
Gorgonops
Lystrosaurus
Estemmenosuchus
Seymouria
Longisquama
Euchambersia
Diictodon
Bothriolepis
Tiktaalik

Schleich
Pachycephalosaurus

Bullyland
Ceratosaurus

Papo
Carnotaurus
Dilophosaurus

CollectA
Gallamimus
Calicotheirum

Balaur

Quote from: primeval12 on August 18, 2012, 04:11:41 PM
Toob
Life before dinosaurs toob
Dimetrodon
Gorgonops
Lystrosaurus
Estemmenosuchus
Seymouria
Longisquama
Euchambersia
Diictodon
Bothriolepis
Tiktaalik

Now that is a freaking toob right there! Awesome idea! But I still want a pterosaur toob!! Awww!! :D

Dan

Hm, looks like at least one person is going to get their wish.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan on August 18, 2012, 07:27:37 PM
Hm, looks like at least one person is going to get their wish.

Darn you Dan...just plain  >:D lol  :))

Carnotaurus would make a great piece for Papo as well..of course I think I've been saying that for years..and nada.  heh

Seijun

I've also been hoping for Papo to do a carno.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Balaur

I predict more flora will come in 2013. ( :P Too easy)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Seijun on August 18, 2012, 08:04:51 PM

It makes a lot of sense given their past criteria. I figure eventually. lol

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2012, 08:10:26 PM
Quote from: Seijun on August 18, 2012, 08:04:51 PM

It makes a lot of sense given their past criteria. I figure eventually. lol

If it happens, I bet it will be a hit.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: