News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA - new for 2019

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Andreioli on November 21, 2018, 08:53:11 PM
Wait, has there ever been an Elasmotherium figure ?
I don't think any company ever made one.

So far CollectA hasn't revealed a prehistoric mammal for next year, so it there will be one, I'm hoping for an Elasmotherium to pair with the new Safari Coelodonta.

None of the big companies seem to have ever made an Elasmotherium. That certainly would be sweet if CollectA revealed one tonight. Whatever's in store, I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it's not a Coelodonta.

QuoteAnd if they also reveal a marine creature, maybe a Megalodon ?

That would also be neat, although I'd much rather see some other prehistoric shark. Helicoprion (which is technically a chimera) would be fantastic, especially since it would be another Paleozoic beast.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Cross your fingers to make it an elasmotherium the prehistoric mammal and not the coelodonta antiquitatis. Sincerely the elasmotherium is as I have repeated an infinity of times one of my favorite prehistoric mammals.

On the other hand the megalodon is fortunately well represented by the PNSO megalodon and there are also replicas of that fearsome prehistoric shark of Safari and Favorite. I would sincerely prefer a helicoprion. It is a surrealist shark for its rare jaws and very beautiful.

suspsy

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2018/11/23/new-collecta-models-2019-part-4.html

Ladies and gentlemen, the final 2019 toy is revealed. Elasmotherium. Hot damn, that sucker looks gorgeous! Sorry, Safari Coelodonta, you're also gorgeous and I totally plan on buying you, but this is one fight you need to run away from, unless you want to end up impaled!

CollectA's also releasing a playset for their miniatures, which will be compatible with their Augmented Reality tech. Interesting.

EarthboundEiniosaurus

"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

PhilSauria

Put me down for one!, and it's going to be a biggie at 25.5cm long (according to the info at ED). This one will certainly have a presence up there on the shelf. I guess it fills the approximate size range of the previous Iguanodon and the Styracosaurus before that, both of which, in my opinion, are quite magnificent paleo models. Definitely boxing off some old Schleichs and Lontics to make room for new additions of this quality. I know some will be disappointed that it's not another Dinosaur but I welcome ancient animal figures of all denominations in my collection - just wish I could welcome more space! Buy first and find a spot later is my philosophy.

Shonisaurus

It's gorgeus! It is very nice, it is the elasmotherium that I had always wanted to have. Thanks Collecta! It is a dream come true, I was hoping that they would make an elasmotherium one day but I never thought that the new revelation was so early. Sincerely, it more than supplements any new additional revelation. I am very happy that Collecta has fulfilled one of my expectations in relation to one of my long-mentioned wishes.

Collecta's elasmotherium seems to be taken from a documentary of prehistoric animals of the BBC, it looks magnificent, now thanks to this exceptional brand I have one of the prehistoric mammals preferred by me. Thanks Collecta | It has been a spectacular year for this brand. This year has been the best year in terms of dinosaurs, prehistoric animals (caiuajara and edaphosaurus) and has been by far the best year of prehistoric mammals with this beautiful elasmotherium. And also with a considerable size as I like prehistoric animals, equals or far exceeds their megacerops.  :)

John

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 23, 2018, 02:42:19 AM
It's gorgeus! It is very nice, it is the elasmotherium that I had always wanted to have. Thanks Collecta! It is a dream come true, I was hoping that they would make an elasmotherium one day but I never thought that the new revelation was so early. Sincerely, it more than supplements any new additional revelation. I am very happy that Collecta has fulfilled one of my expectations in relation to one of my long-mentioned wishes.

Collecta's elasmotherium seems to be taken from a documentary of prehistoric animals of the BBC, it looks magnificent, now thanks to this exceptional brand I have one of the prehistoric mammals preferred by me. Thanks Collecta | It has been a spectacular year for this brand. This year has been the best year in terms of dinosaurs, prehistoric animals (caiuajara and edaphosaurus) and has been by far the best year of prehistoric mammals with this beautiful elasmotherium. And also with a considerable size as I like prehistoric animals, equals or far exceeds their megacerops.  :)
It is always nice to see exactly what you want actually turn up isn't it?How you feel about this upcoming Elasmotherium (the best prehistoric mammal CollectA has ever done in my opinion) is how I reacted to the Ceratosaurus from this same line this past year. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SidB

Ordering one of these as soon as possible is a no-brainer.

Flaffy

The AR set is a waste of a release.

Really liking the Elasmotherium though. Finally something other than a wooly rhino.
I wonder how it'll compare with Doug's 2019 woooly rhino.

Minmiminime

Ye gods, that Elasmotherium is stunning! Very aggressive looking, realistic and dynamic. Do want!!
Not interested in the AR set personally, but when my nephew is old enough he's getting it ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: John on November 23, 2018, 02:50:54 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 23, 2018, 02:42:19 AM

It is always nice to see exactly what you want actually turn up isn't it?How you feel about this upcoming Elasmotherium (the best prehistoric mammal CollectA has ever done in my opinion) is how I reacted to the Ceratosaurus from this same line this past year. :)

It is by far much better than its predecessors prehistoric mammals and that they are all great but that elasmotherium is perhaps one of the best (I would not dare to say the best since Collecta's megacerops is legendary). But honestly, it seems that Collecta's elasmotherium appears from a BBC report, as I mentioned in the first message when I heard the news. It is a masterpiece. As you say in my case, a dream come true. The only revelation of Collecta's elasmotherium more than replaces four revelations together of prehistoric animals or dinosaurs that Collecta could have made today.

Honestly it is better that the revelations of Collecta are few, it is better as the saying goes "little and well that much and badly" in this Collecta has hit favorably and brilliantly.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'm pleased they went for Elasmotherium and not another Coelodonta, I don't recall any other Elasmotherium figures being done, though I'm sure there are. So it looks like everything except the Pterosaur, mini figs and scenery are probably must-haves for me. I'm in no rush though, as I ran out of space two T. rex ago.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Wow! That Elasmotherium is amazing
Man, what a year for Collecta, overall!

Oh, also, I found this on the Paleontology Coproliteposting group on Facebook and meant to post it here, but got distracted by that beautiful Elasmotherium.

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on November 23, 2018, 05:31:58 AM

I wouldn't go that far. Even if you're not into the AR thing, it still looks like a fairly decent diorama for one's miniature dinosaurs, CollectA, Papo, Safari, or otherwise. Depending on the price tag, I might try to pick it up and put it aside until my son's old enough to play with it.

tanystropheus

Quote from: suspsy on November 23, 2018, 01:01:43 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on November 23, 2018, 05:31:58 AM

I wouldn't go that far. Even if you're not into the AR thing, it still looks like a fairly decent diorama for one's miniature dinosaurs, CollectA, Papo, Safari, or otherwise. Depending on the price tag, I might try to pick it up and put it aside until my son's old enough to play with it.

Definitely not a waste depending on the age group or overall level of passion regarding tech. If these concepts existed when I was growing up, I would never tire of it. They have the same charming appeal as View-Master.

Gwangi

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 23, 2018, 12:54:55 PM
Oh, also, I found this on the Paleontology Coproliteposting group on Facebook and meant to post it here, but got distracted by that beautiful Elasmotherium.

The terror bird could have the same reaction, being the only diapsid in the group.

Faelrin

Wow. Pretty cool that you guys were speculating about it, and it dropped. It's really cool they went and made this species. They did a great job with its promo pic too, giving it a nice snowy background. I definitely can't wait to see how it compares with the Safari Ltd Woolly Rhino.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Quote from: Gwangi on November 23, 2018, 03:25:57 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 23, 2018, 12:54:55 PM

The terror bird could have the same reaction, being the only diapsid in the group.

Huh, good point. The individual having the reaction could change depending on if we're talking about taxonomy or timescale.

terrorchicken

they knocked it out of the park! Amazing! ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: