News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Best stegosaurus in 1:35 - 1:40?

Started by Jetdin, December 21, 2018, 02:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetdin

hi guys!
i do have a couple of stegos but all are too small (basically chinasaurs other than the invicta one).
so im looking for one in 1:35-1:40 scale.

If you could buy just one, which one would be the best overall figure?
scientific accuracy being a criteria high on the list.

Loon

The upcoming Safari Ltd. Stegosaurus is 1:35. That's probably your best bet, accuracy-wise, as well.

acro-man

Yeah, 2019 safari.
Other than that, there's literally none at the moment.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Jetdin

any news about the size of the safari ltd 2019 stego? will it be 1:35- 1:40?

im quite surprised how there isnt any more accurate figures of stego. who doesnt know stegosaurus? its as popular as triceratops. hope companies like pnso try to make a stego.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Jetdin on December 21, 2018, 01:37:23 PM
any news about the size of the safari ltd 2019 stego? will it be 1:35- 1:40?

The 2019 Stego it's confirmed to be in 1:35 scale.

Justin_

im quite surprised how there isnt any more accurate figures of stego. who doesnt know stegosaurus? its as popular as triceratops. hope companies like pnso try to make a stego.

That could be the problem. Pretty-much everyone would recognise an out-dated reconstruction of stegosaurus but they would probably think something is wrong with a newer, accurate one. It's safer for toy companies to stick with a more familiar look.

Shonisaurus

Undoubtedly the best stegosaurus made from the scientific point of view is the stegosaurus of Safari 2019, it is 1:35 scale however, although it is made at this scale it seems to me at scale 1:40 I like more its old stegosaurus Safari "retro" version in my case in relation to the stegosaurus I am anchored in the image I have always had this very famous dinosaur an image of him as the stegosaurus Safari old version and although it has changed with new scientific research and is much more accurate the one mentioned in 2019 and is perhaps due to my personal taste I like the older version more independently that I recognize that the new version of Safari 2019 stegosaurus is much better to be more accurate scientifically.

Jetdin

Quote from: Justin_ on December 22, 2018, 10:59:27 AM

That could be the problem. Pretty-much everyone would recognise an out-dated reconstruction of stegosaurus but they would probably think something is wrong with a newer, accurate one. It's safer for toy companies to stick with a more familiar look.

maybe its time for the big companies to update all their stego figures in conjunction with new paleontological advancements and findings. once the big companies do it the smaller companied will follow suit. some of these companied advertise themselves as educational toys for children and so i think they are the first step to educate or re educate and introduce new findings.
after all, most people arent going to read scientific papers to find out new evidence and findings and i think its the responsibility of the toy companies to help teach us all.

Pachyrhinosaurus

It may not be up-to-date with our current understanding, but the Carnegie stegosaurus is one of my favorites and should be around 1:40, but if you want accuracy, the new Safari stegosaurus is your best choice.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Doug Watson

Quote from: Jetdin on December 22, 2018, 01:10:53 PM
maybe its time for the big companies to update all their stego figures in conjunction with new paleontological advancements and findings. once the big companies do it the smaller companied will follow suit. some of these companied advertise themselves as educational toys for children and so i think they are the first step to educate or re educate and introduce new findings.
after all, most people arent going to read scientific papers to find out new evidence and findings and i think its the responsibility of the toy companies to help teach us all.

Don't know whether or not you consider Safari Ltd a big or smaller company but my Safari Ltd 2019 Stegosaurus is based on the latest papers that I could find on "Sophie" the most complete Stegosaurus specimen found to date but if you know of new evidence please let me know.

Jetdin

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 22, 2018, 05:02:29 PM

Don't know whether or not you consider Safari Ltd a big or smaller company but my Safari Ltd 2019 Stegosaurus is based on the latest papers that I could find on "Sophie" the most complete Stegosaurus specimen found to date but if you know of new evidence please let me know.

hi mr.watson!
the safari 2019 stegosaurus looks really good and will be my first non-chinasaur stegosaur buy.
when i wrote that comment i was referring to the stego figures currently available in the market (as stated by others here that there are no real accurate figures as of the ones currently available) .gets me really excited to get your 2019 stego and also the safari 2019 allo to go with it.

Jetdin

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on December 22, 2018, 03:38:44 PM
It may not be up-to-date with our current understanding, but the Carnegie stegosaurus is one of my favorites and should be around 1:40, but if you want accuracy, the new Safari stegosaurus is your best choice.

yes, that one is a classic! paint job and details are good

ITdactyl

*rhetorical question*
With this line of thinking, if PNSO does release their recent stegosaurus sculpt as a 1:35-1:40 figure, would a big number of people go for it considering it used a pre-Sophie* model?

*pre-sophie re: the latest reconstruction before the new information from the Sophie mount was released.

Since the PNSO "toys" are just based off their museum/exhibit pieces, then we've already had a preview of the stegosaurus in their current catalog (unless they're busy sculpting a Sophie reconstruction in silence).

On a personal note, I wouldn't mind spending on a slightly outdated stegosaurus with the PNSO aesthetic - but I'm also hoping if PNSO does consider releasing stegosaurus, that they'd update their model. >:D O:-)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 22, 2018, 05:02:29 PM

I prefer a more exact stegosaurus from the scientific point like his, although I liked more the old appearance of the stegosaurus that I have known almost all my life.

Something very similar happens with the tsintaosaurus that has changed its appearance and also caused me a disillusion that said lambosaurian hadrosaur was not as I imagined, the mythical and beautiful dinosaur with a single horn like the mythological unicorns. Its old and unscientific appearance "hooked me more" the same thing happens with the Safari 2019 stegosaurus carried out by you Mr. Watson and that is the most scientific and precise according to the latest paleontological discoveries, the old appearance of the stegosaurus seemed cooler to me but in my case I must adapt to the new times and the closest scientific discoveries.

I can not question new scientific discoveries or amend scientists and dinosaur experts as is the case. In science you have to renew or disappear!

empire3569

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 23, 2018, 08:09:23 AM
*rhetorical question*
With this line of thinking, if PNSO does release their recent stegosaurus sculpt as a 1:35-1:40 figure, would a big number of people go for it considering it used a pre-Sophie* model?

*pre-sophie re: the latest reconstruction before the new information from the Sophie mount was released.

Since the PNSO "toys" are just based off their museum/exhibit pieces, then we've already had a preview of the stegosaurus in their current catalog (unless they're busy sculpting a Sophie reconstruction in silence).

On a personal note, I wouldn't mind spending on a slightly outdated stegosaurus with the PNSO aesthetic - but I'm also hoping if PNSO does consider releasing stegosaurus, that they'd update their model. >:D O:-)

Would you mind posting a pic of this PNSO Stegosaurus? I don't believe I've ever seen it

Takama

I think they are talking about this picture that was found on some Facebook users account

ITdactyl

Thanks for that avatar_Takama @Takama .  That's the exact model I was referring to.

avatar_empire3569 @empire3569 , I couldn't find the thread that had the full body shot of the big model shared by another member here.

But here's the head shot shared by Zhao Chuang on their deskgram site:

As it is, pre-sophie... but very detailed.

empire3569

Thanks both for the replies, that Stego, while pre-Sophie, looks great! I would definitely buy any Stego that PNSO puts out

Jetdin

Quote from: Takama on December 24, 2018, 07:13:22 PM
I think they are talking about this picture that was found on some Facebook users account

That stego is huge! Yes certainly looks good.

*on a side note, anyone know which sauropod is the one on the most right shelf? Never seen that before

Loon

Quote from: Jetdin on December 25, 2018, 06:53:18 AM
*on a side note, anyone know which sauropod is the one on the most right shelf? Never seen that before

I think that's their Mamenchisaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: