News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gothmog the Baryonyx Dinosaur & Prehistoric Collection

Started by Gothmog the Baryonyx, January 08, 2019, 01:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Firstly I would like to apologize for that Irritator which I did not know was not the legitimate product. It really puts a dampener on my whole collection. To make up for it, if Everything Dinosaur are able to get the model to pass the safety tests and get some in stock, after waiting a while to make sure that most people who haven't gotten one to get one, I may get an extra one from there to help out.

Anyway, on Saturday, I felt like taking a few photos, so I'll do the first few on this post, and then another post for the rest.

Image 1: 1:35 scale Tyrannosaurids, large, medium and small (PNSO Wilson the Tyrannosaurus, Safari Ltd Daspletosaurus, CollectA Lythronax)

Image 2: 1:30 scale Ceratopsids on the left (PNSO A-Qi the Sinoceratops, Safari Ltd Diabloceratops) and 1:35 scale Ceratopsids on the right (Eofauna Cryptic Triceratops, Battat Styracosaurus, CollectA Einiosaurus)

Image 3: 1:35 scale Daspletosaurus, Parasaurolophus (Battat) and Styracosaurus, You could say Dinosaur Park Formation assuming the Parasaurolophus had a TARDIS....

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Also had a little go at a temporary diorama, very overcrowded, but I wanted to include Al my 1:30 to 1:35 scale Wessex Formation and adjacent fauna.
At a small watering hole, a Mantellisaurus (CollectA) quenches its thirst whilst a small family of Hypsilophodon (CollectA) feed on a small tree fern. A visiting Concavenator (Safari Ltd) and a sub adult Polacanthus (CollectA) wander over to drink also.
The Ornithopods are being stalked by a Neovenator (CollectA), whilst Iguanodon (CollectA) which was separated from its herd calls to them.
An adult Baryonyx (Safari Ltd) awakens from its nap on the rocky hillside and in a low growl declares its intent to fish in the watering hole.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

triceratops83

That is a great little setup. Reminds me of all the old dinosaur books I had when I was a kid that always featured a scene from early Cretaceous England.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

What a collection. Honestly, Safari's daspletosaurus is much bigger than I imagined. It is a fantastic figure. On the other hand, as you mentioned, you have a gift of organization and at the same time a knowledge of paleontology, in relation to dinosaurs and geological times that make you a necessary and enriching member of DTF. My congratulations.

Halichoeres

Nice display, one of a handful of formations for which you can get a decent cross section of the biota. Kinda wild that there hasn't been a better Polacanthus at this scale, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you all,

Not as many as Early Cretaceous Europe of course, but here are my Jurassic British dinosaurs including my recently acquired painted Cetiosaurus (not including my 2 normal Invictas)

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you. How lucky you have already acquired the megalosaurus from Collecta, I still just received the mapusaurus from Collecta 2020 it is magnificent I will publish my photos together with the spinosaurus from Safari 2021 and the two triceratops from Eofauna. I'm glad for you.

Halichoeres

Very nice, despite being from four different companies, those actually look pretty good together. On the subject of Early Cretaceous English dinosaurs, do you think you'll get the Eotyrannus from the BotM tyrannosaur line?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you both for your kind words

Yes avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres I do plan to get the Eotyrannus from BotM, it is in fact the only one that I am definitely getting, the maybes will be decided ta the time. It will be nice to have a good figure of Eotyrannus at last.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

So, a nice holiday to Wales. And of course on Tuesday this fella arrives at my door. New neighbour took it in. But anyway, here is the best PVC Dicreosaurus I have seen, which isn't saying much but this figure is gorgeous, even if the paint is weak on one half of its head. Also I see someone has accidently painted digits on its forefeet/hands. Still a beautiful colouration around, and a brilliant sculpt. Great to have a figure of this animal, and I think the only Jurassic Dicreosaurid to receive a figure, and one of the few Dicreosaurids not names Amargasaurus to ever get a figure.

Nice and chunky:

Blurry close up the head with the weaker paint. Still a beautiful head, I think you can just about see the little beak-thing on its mouth here:

A couple of images with its contemporaries, Giraffatitan and Kentrosaurus. Big, medium and little. All are nice figures.
If all goes according to plan I will do some rearranging later this week, and I aim to have these 3 together in a place where the Kentrosaurus is perfectly visible, but the Giraffatitan doesn't obscure anything I don't want to obscure.

Hopefully this is a very temporary position only:

Also included the image of the box from t' other thread

SidB

avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx , your temporary dioramas are fascinating. BTW, have you considered filling in the gaps with packaged moss? it's inexpensive and easy to lay down, divide and gather up.

Halichoeres

That's a nice thing to come home to! I was also traveling recently, but mine is still in transit. I had the same idea with the Kentrosaurus and Giraffatitan, how great to have a good chunk of Tendaguru in the same scale! Now I might have to rethink my photo plans.

ceratopsian

It really is a good figure.  Glad the holiday went well - and glad you have a good neighbour!

Shonisaurus

You are a super lucky person with this dicreaosaurus figure it is a very beautiful figure by the way, the giraffatitan must be huge judging by the photos, the dicreaosaurus is dwarf next to it. My congratulations.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Thank you everyone!  :D

S @SidB no, I had considered putting down some temporary lichen but that seems to be going soft, I haven't thought of using moss. I will look into it. Would certainly look nicer.

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres it was nice to come home to, part of what made coming back not feel to bad, that and the fact we did the washing whilst we were there, and a few places to go this week. And yes to now have a decent amount of the Tendaguru Formation in the same scale is nice. Since the theropods are all fragmentary I wouldn't mind staying theropod-free for that particular group too.

Thank you avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian had a nice time, a lovely lake. And the dog really enjoyed himself which is good as he's 11. And I am glad the neighbour did that, I wouldn't trust them all.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus the Giraffititan is indeed a huge figure. The Dicreosaurus isn't especially big anyway (which is good as it wasn't a big sauropod) but it does indeed look very small next to the largest figure I own.

A little thing about ED getting these. There's a chance they may not if it seems GR Toys have done something a certain way. We will see.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

From the Recent Aquisitions, again thank you avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur I will review you on feefo soon:

Then, to get to the main thing I suppose. My updated collection, starting with the big Jurassic and Cretaceous 1:30 to 1:50 scale display.
Believe it or not there is method to the madness and the display is broke  up by time and location.

Feel free to correct any mistakes I have made, I'm pretty sure I've done a couple:

General View of the Main Display Board

Early Jurassic (Dilophosaurus, Cryolophosaurus and Lufengosaurus)

Middle Jurassic (Atlasaurus, Afrovenator, Jobaria)

Late Jurassic Europe (Lourinhanosaurus, Dacentrurus, Proceratosaurus, Miragaia, Metriacanthosaurus, Megalosaurus, Cetiosaurus, Lexovisaurus)

Late Jurassic Africa  (Tendaguru Formation) (Giraffatitan, Dicreosaurus, Kentrosaurus)

Late Jurassic China (Shaximiao Formation) (2 Mamenchisaurus, Sinraptor, Huayangasaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, Shunosaurus)

Late Jurassic USA (Morrison Formation) (Torvosaurus, Stegosaurus, Camptosaurus, Camarasaurus, Diplodocus, 2 Ceratosaurus, 2 Allosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Apatosaurus)

Early Cretaceous Europe (Wessex/La Huérguina Formations) (Hypsilophodon, Neovenator, Concavenator, Baryonyx, Mantellisaurus, Polacanthus Iguanodon)

Other Early Cretaceous (Yutyrannus, Xianguanlong, Wuerhosaurus, Borealopelta, Afrovenator, also Malawisaurus which is Early-Late Cretaceous)

Albian-Late Cretaceous Africa (Erlhaz Formation) (Nigersaurus, Ouranosaurus, Suchomimus, Sarchosuchus)

Early Late Cretaceous US (Nothronychus, Gastonia, Acrocanthosaurus, Utahraptor, Tenontosaurus)

Cenomanian-Cretaceous Africa (Bahariya Formation) (2 Spinosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Deltadromeus)

Early Late Cretaceous Asia (Rajasaurus, Koreaceratops, Kamuysaurus, Fukuisaurus, Fukuiraptor, Koshisaurus, Tambatitanis)

Late Cretaceous South America (Bajadasaurus, Amargasaurus, Saltasaurus, Giganotosaurus, Mapusaurus, Carnotaurus, Irritator, Ichthyovenator)

Late Cretaceous Asia (Protoceratops, Tarbosaurus, Saurolophus, Chilantaisaurus, Qianzhousaurus, Nanshiungosaurus, Deinocheirus, Therizinosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Sinoceratops)

Late Cretaceous Europe (Hatzegopteryx, Tethyshadros)

Late Cretaceous North America part 1 including (Diabloceratops, Lythronax, Styracosaurus, Daspletosaurus, Lambeosaurus, Gryposaurus, Utahceratops, Maiasaura)

Late Cretaceous North America part 2 including (Gorgosaurus, Nasutoceratops, Parasaurolophus, Einiosaurus, Regaliceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus etc)

Late Cretaceous North America part 3 (including Tyrannosaurus, 2 Triceratops, Ankylosaurus, Torosaurus, Edmontosaurus, Hypacrosaurus)

The rest will be on a second post.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Other shelves etc except for one which haven't changed since last time.

Marine Reptiles from Jurassic and Cretaceous

1:20 to 1:30 scale shelf part 1 (have put Yangchaunosaurus here so next to Chungkingosaurus  even though not to scale with each other)

1:20 to 1:30 scale shelf part 2

Triassic shelf part 1 including new for me Herrerasaurus

2nd close view of Triassic showing mostly marine animals

Cenozoic North America, South America and Australasia including New Smilodon female

Cambrian shelf and Devonian below

1:60 and smaller shelf

Permian Shelf (Edaphosaurus, Inostrancevia, 2 Helicoprion, Scanphorhychus, Dimetrodon, Estemmenosuchus, Dinogorgon, Scutosaurus and Moschops)

Alternative dinosaur shelf lol

1:10 to 1:20 scale shelf (Included because better photo than last time though no new additions or rearrangements have been made

1:45 to 1:65 Jurassic * Cretaceous scale shelf

Concavenator

Whoah, that latest haul of yours really is top notch! Your collection is huge and you do have a great taste.

Edit: Is your Dino Hazard Irritator stable when out of its base? I have heard it's very unstable when placed on the base, but what about when it's not? I might grab one soon, as Everything Dinosaur are getting them into stock soon.

Shonisaurus

What a huge herd of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. Nice and extensive collection and it is increasing in your case. My congratulations. As I mentioned on another occasion, you have a taste similar to what I have. They are the type of figures that I collect. You have good taste.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: