You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Unique Species Specimen Discussion Thread

Started by Roselaar, August 28, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 19, 2017, 01:13:56 PM
I'm reviewing the Confuciusornis by PNSO. It isn't in the unique species list, should it be?
There is another one from the Dinosaur Train line.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 19, 2017, 02:44:24 PM
I'm reviewing the Confuciusornis by PNSO. It isn't in the unique species list, should it be?

Thanks!

Flaffy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 19, 2017, 03:21:20 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 19, 2017, 02:44:24 PM

Thanks!
I there is another Chinasaur bucket figure quality mini confuciusornis

stargatedalek

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on April 19, 2017, 03:33:14 PM

I'm skeptical of that ID. I have some of these and they came in sets with modern birds. It could be a flycatcher of some sort.

Roselaar

Not anymore. If I remember correctly, it used to be until the PNSO model (not the mini, but the hugely expensive statue) debunked it. Can't remember which brand made the original list entry though.

Zhuchengotyrant

Isn't there already a Europasaurus on Shapeways? By GN Models? That would make two, along with the Bullyland one.  :)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 19, 2017, 04:07:01 PM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on April 19, 2017, 03:33:14 PM

I'm skeptical of that ID. I have some of these and they came in sets with modern birds. It could be a flycatcher of some sort.

Yeah, this looks like a racquet-tailed roller to me. Not a very good one, but it would be a much, much worse Confuciusornis (no claws, the non-streamer tail feathers are too long, the beak shape).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 19, 2017, 09:28:10 PM
Isn't there already a Europasaurus on Shapeways? By GN Models? That would make two, along with the Bullyland one.  :)

Could be, but I find Shapeways way too hard to keep track of. Got any pics or links?

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: Roselaar on April 20, 2017, 09:18:55 PM
Quote from: Zhuchengotyrant on April 19, 2017, 09:28:10 PM

Could be, but I find Shapeways way too hard to keep track of. Got any pics or links?
Sure :) There are two versions:
V.1
https://www.shapeways.com/product/NUG384GCK/europasaurus-1-72-v1

V.2
https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZNWRJ3SUW/europasaurus1-72-v2?optionId=15585225
-Zhuchengotyrant

Roselaar

Well, that's Europasaurus out then... Any more Shapeways species I should know of?

Zhuchengotyrant

Not that I know of. Still, I'll help keep an eye on them. :))
-Zhuchengotyrant

Megalosaurus

Hello.

Is the Tokugawa Cacops available to purchase?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

BlueKrono

Looks like the weirdest lizard that ever lived is out. Found another Longisquama on DeJankins' site, from Italian company Morbi. Here's his picture:
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u401/deanosaurs/DeJankins%20website%20photos/Other%20Brands/Photo%20May%2019%2011%2056%2003_zpswtlupvjs.jpg
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Roselaar

Aah, so sad! And too bad they only come up with childishly stylized Longisquama figures...

Roselaar

Boy, am I glad I made the USL to work with links to my Photobucket account, rather than posting third party links. Otherwise I would have been real screwed and would have had to start from scratch!

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Sim

Quote from: Roselaar on December 21, 2016, 06:07:05 PM
Quote from: Takama on December 21, 2016, 07:24:26 AM

Quote from: Roselaar on December 17, 2016, 02:44:32 PM
Added those five new species. Deleted Ambulocetus, Lythronax, Palaeoloxodon, Pycnonemosaurus, Xiphactinus and Utahceratops.

Have Coahuilaceratops, Glyptotherium, Iberomesornis, Maledictosuchus, Pachycrocuta, Wendiceratops, Xenocheryx, Pentecopterus, Rubeoceratops, Repenomamus, Zhanghenglong and Chilesaurus been done before?

This was done by Lu Feng Shen

Yeah, that's the one I found on DD, which I thought was the only one. But now that another one will be commercially available soon, I won't bother to add it to the list.

Well, it's been over six months since this was posted, and no other Coahuilaceratops figure is being released anytime soon, so perhaps this Coahuilaceratops figure should be added to the unique species specimen list?

Shonisaurus

By the way the coahuilaceratops is PVC or resin? It's magnificent   :)

BlueKrono

Quote from: Sim on July 06, 2017, 03:27:53 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on December 21, 2016, 06:07:05 PM
Quote from: Takama on December 21, 2016, 07:24:26 AM

Quote from: Roselaar on December 17, 2016, 02:44:32 PM
Added those five new species. Deleted Ambulocetus, Lythronax, Palaeoloxodon, Pycnonemosaurus, Xiphactinus and Utahceratops.

Have Coahuilaceratops, Glyptotherium, Iberomesornis, Maledictosuchus, Pachycrocuta, Wendiceratops, Xenocheryx, Pentecopterus, Rubeoceratops, Repenomamus, Zhanghenglong and Chilesaurus been done before?

This was done by Lu Feng Shen

Yeah, that's the one I found on DD, which I thought was the only one. But now that another one will be commercially available soon, I won't bother to add it to the list.

Well, it's been over six months since this was posted, and no other Coahuilaceratops figure is being released anytime soon, so perhaps this Coahuilaceratops figure should be added to the unique species specimen list?

It seems so. Had never heard of Chilesaurus before though. The only known herbivorous theropod? How cool!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: