News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figures by "Wild Past" (Updated 15.01.2020)

Started by DinoToyCollector, February 25, 2019, 08:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

The Scutosaurus looks stunning.  I'm so glad you got together - I thought before that you might be a good match for model production!

Loon

Ooo, and I thought I was happy with my Safari Scutosaurus, but this one looks so lively. I'll definitely grab one.

Flaffy

Quote from: Loon on September 16, 2020, 12:43:44 AM
Ooo, and I thought I was happy with my Safari Scutosaurus, but this one looks so lively. I'll definitely grab one.

Same here. The Wild Past line just keeps getting better and better. :o
Definitely wouldnt mind seeing more Permian critters in this collection.

Speaking of, any news on the Majungasaurus and Tethyhadros?

Dinoxels

Congratulations Kayakasaurus for finally making figures for a company! I am highly excited for the sculpts you make for this lineup! Thank goodness I can get this for a good price and not have to search the internet for the Safari Ltd. one. Will he be the only sculptor from now on after the Majungasaurus and Tethyshados? Or will you continue to make figures as well?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

DinoToyCollector

First: Thank you all for this positive and excited reactions. When I first hold this sculpture in my hand I was stunned right away. avatar_Kayakasaurus @Kayakasaurus makes an incredible good job on these, what you know for sure if you have seen his videos. But holding a sculpture in your own hands is an even better experience. They are so detailed - Something you have to experience yourself to know what I mean  :))

Since this will be an official release soon, maybe we can change this discussion to the official "Wild Past 2020" thread or maybe a mod can merge the last posts to the mentoned thread?

I try to answer some questions that are still unanswered:

1. When will the Scutosaurus be released? avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus
Well, as soon as possible. The plaster model in the factory needs some refinement and then it can go very quickly. Within 2020 is the (realistic) goal.

2. Why 1:20 and not 1:35 ?
We noticed by accident that this scale is much better for animals that lived in the permian period. In comparison to the Mesozoic era the biggest animals before the dinosaurs were much smaller in average. We will have a uniform scale to Permian creatures but this will be 1:20 to have the oppurtunity to represent them better and more diverse (not only the big ones like Scutosaurus)

3. What about Tethyshadros and Majungasaurus? avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy
The Tethyshadros couple is almost finished and you will hear and see some news soon. Because we had some problems with the Majungasaurus early on and we don't want to rush this just to have it done, we made this Scutosaurus as an substitute. That means Majungasaurus will follow after Tethyshadros and Scutosaurus (& Kotlassia). We had to adjust the production process with the factory to make the figures the way we want it. Majungasaurus is no exception and here we have to change some steps. After we have finished the first wave, we have 4 models done in 4 different ways (production wise). It was and is a lot of experimenting to have the best results to an affordable price. I hope this explain some things :) Also this whole adventure is still a matter of my own financial resources and I have to keep building them up slowly ;-)

Quote from: Dinoxels on September 16, 2020, 10:18:44 AM
Will he be the only sculptor from now on after the Majungasaurus and Tethyshados? Or will you continue to make figures as well?
A very specific question! No, Kayakasaurus will not be the only sculptor. We three ( avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector avatar_spinosaurus1 @spinosaurus1 avatar_Kayakasaurus @Kayakasaurus ) have a lot of ideas and want to bring these ideas to reality. Since I will be very involved because of the organization, I will have a smaller part in the models as a sculptor. But at least one figure a year will be originally made by me (that of course depends on our financial capacities). I am a creative person and I want to do that  ;D

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 15, 2020, 09:03:50 PM
I have commissioned "Raptor Dance" is a figure that I sincerely liked from the first moment. It is a very beautiful figure and I could not resist buying it. My congratulations avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector  for your paleoart works I am a follower of your brand.

Be sure to show some pictures of this print when you have it in your hands and I'm glad you like it.

ceratopsian

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector - thanks for all this news.  I'm glad you aren't going to rush the Majungasaurus just for the sake of keeping to a schedule. 

Access to a line of Permian creatures is hugely exciting for me.  And the prospect of a Kotlassia too as well as the Scutosaurus!

Dinoxels

Very cool! I'm very interested in the Permian line.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: DinoToyCollector on September 16, 2020, 11:43:41 AM

2. Why 1:20 and not 1:35 ?
We noticed by accident that this scale is much better for animals that lived in the permian period. In comparison to the Mesozoic era the biggest animals before the dinosaurs were much smaller in average. We will have a uniform scale to Permian creatures but this will be 1:20 to have the oppurtunity to represent them better and more diverse (not only the big ones like Scutosaurus)

It looks gorgeous, though I'm slightly disappointed to hear that. I like keeping my models to a consistent scale, and I only have a few Permian figures in the 1:35-1:40 size range.

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I have been informed that the "Raptor Dance" is suspended due to design problems so the purchase has been in vain but luckily I will receive a refund.   :(I send the message that they have sent me by email:

Hi,

The "Raptor Dance - 1:35 Velociraptor" model you ordered was discontinued for production due to design issues. We have contacted the designer to decide what action to take for this model.

If the designer is unable to update this model within 7 calendar days, this model will be removed from your order and you will be issued a refund.

You have more questions? You can contact our customer service team for more information.

You can also contact the designer directly if you have specific questions regarding the model.

Best,
Shapeways team

Faelrin

I saw these on the instagram last night before I went to bed, but watched the video this morning. I am so happy to see another Scutosaurus that will be in production, and also in a larger scale then Safari Ltd's (I love it, but if I'm gonna get another figure of this genus I would prefer it in a different scale, since I don't need two in the same or almost the same scale). I think 1:20 is an excellent choice with how small some Permian animals (and isn't this the same scale some of CollectA's figures are in?). It really opens the door up to some that would likely be too small at 1:35. The sculpt detail looks absolutely excellent too, and the additional critter (I love this brand's trend of this), Kotlassia, which I was not familiar with. What a great way to be introduced to it.

I'm so happy to this line is branching into Permian, if not Paleozoic creatures in general. Makes me hope to see Seymouria, Cacops, and Cotylorhynchus at some point too, and of course Moschops and Sphenacodon (considering how long it has been since they were last done in plastic). Maybe Platyhystrix too as the Play Visions one is rather hard to find these days, and it has been so long since another has come into production.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

I don't want my Permian animals too small either.  And in fact I have quite a few things already in 1:20.  But to be honest, I'm not too bothered about scale (though I appreciate this is of great importance to many others here).

PumperKrickel

That Scutosaurus is a beauty and hopefully only the beginning of Wild Past and Kayakosaurus working together. A match made in heaven, imo!

Guess now I´ll finally have to start a dedicated shelf for Permian creatures.  :))

Shonisaurus

Hope everythingdinosaur or another online company will market those beauties in their store. The scutosaurus together with the kotlassia from Wild Past I would like them to make up my collection are works of craftsmanship.

DinoToyCollector

Quote from: Faelrin on September 16, 2020, 03:48:26 PM
[... I am so happy to see another Scutosaurus that will be in production, and also in a larger scale then Safari Ltd's (I love it, but if I'm gonna get another figure of this genus I would prefer it in a different scale, since I don't need two in the same or almost the same scale). I think 1:20 is an excellent choice with how small some Permian animals (and isn't this the same scale some of CollectA's figures are in?). It really opens the door up to some that would likely be too small at 1:35.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin 1:20 was also chosen to accompany some of the already existing figures. That's right. You totally understand what we are doing :-D

Regarding the "Raptor Dance" I received an email. I am going to fix the (wherever they suddenly came from) issues on Friday and hopefully you can still get this model. I have to fix it within the next 6 days. Should work ;-)

Sarapaurolophus

Such exciting news! I'm happy the line is expanding like that. Even though I am not interested in a mating display I hope there's gonna be some other velociraptors in the near future, via Shapeways or not.
Models interacting in a non-hostile way is such a breath of fresh air. Of course this was already done with the Protoceratops and her hatchlings but they're so tiny you can barely see it's little dinosaurs :))

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector Thank you for everything you are doing, and for your response. I love "Raptor Dance" and I would like to have that figure. I'm a fan of your thread and Wild Past's palaeo-artistic creations.

Sim

While I'm happy to see your line continue to be successful, I'm a little disappointed by the Scutosaurus as it's not an animal I'm interested in.  I would have preferred to see one of the already finished models released in the place of the delayed Majungasaurus (e.g. Emausaurus, Plateosaurus, the large theropod).  You have three very talented sculptors working for the line, you, spinosaurus1 and Kayakasaurus.  I'm already very interested in your Plateosaurus and spinosaurus1's Majungasaurus.  Hopefully the next thing Kayakasaurus sculpts for Wild Past will be something from the Mesozoic that interests me.

Newt

Wow, this line is fantastic! I'm glad to see you expanding your artist roster and producing some fairly obscure critters. I look forward to seeing what the future holds for this company!

Halichoeres

Very excited to see Permian animals join the lineup. I think 1:20 is the appropriate scale for them, unless perhaps you tackle some of the larger eugeneodontids.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector I'm going to score the Wild Past brand for the "Raptor Dance" with the highest score. At the end my figure arrived yesterday I'm very happy.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: